hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Hibs socials

Hibs socials

Yet another own goal in wishing Goram happy birthday!
    He's a terrorist loving idiot,you'd thi k Hibs socials team would do some research.
    Probably the same guy behind the Phil the Greek Post.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by green leaves View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yet another own goal in wishing Goram happy birthday!
    He's a terrorist loving idiot,you'd thi k Hibs socials team would do some research.
    Probably the same guy behind the Phil the Greek Post.
    Are you getting confused with the tweet for Holt and Caldwell? Can't see anything about Goram.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Gies peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Are you getting confused with the tweet for Holt and Caldwell? Can't see anything about Goram.
    Since been deleted and no ****ing wonder.

Testimonial Due
    Looks like they've deleted it haha.

Jeez. Who thought Hibs wishing Andy ****ing Goram happy birthday is a good idea. Clearly not anyone who knows anything about the club

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs socials have been cringey as hell for a while now tbh.

Who really cares?

Honestly just reeks of people thinking up rubbish excuses to stick the boot into the club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Gies peace.
    I wonder why they bother with the ‘socials’ got to wonder if the amount of grief it creates is worth the salaries paid out anything that’s posted causes someone some sort of drama

They've seen sense and taken it down

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Who really cares?

Honestly just reeks of people thinking up rubbish excuses to stick the boot into the club.
    A man who has a shrine for terrorists?

Who really cares?

Because he's a died in the wool Hun with some very questionable links to say the least.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    If they had any patter, he would get 2 birthday announcements.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Because he's a died in the wool Hun with some very questionable links to say the least.
    To be fair, you could make similar allegations about Anthony Stokes.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I find the blanket wishing of birthdays for absolutely anyone with vague a connection - will we see one for some randoms that only made one appearance for the club a bit lame - like the enigmatic Pineau (sp?) Collins brought from Genoa…? Could envisage him getting a shout out.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 13-04-2022 at 01:11 PM.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Inevitable when its seemingly impossible to find anyone who supports Hibs - with the ability to do these jobs.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Who’s in charge of the social media? I couldn’t believe my eyes when I seen it. Bizarre and out of touch, and not understanding of Hibs. Bit like the manager, the CEO and the owner. Clueless
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Inevitable when its seemingly impossible to find anyone who supports Hibs - with the ability to do these jobs.
    No Hibs fan in their right mind would take that job. A thankless task.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Who’s in charge of the social media? I couldn’t believe my eyes when I seen it. Bizarre and out of touch, and not understanding of Hibs. Bit like the manager, the CEO and the owner. Clueless
    Someone from down south with no connection to the club.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Who really cares?

It's such an important part of the public relations with the fans, and everyone can see it.

10 years ago I wouldn't have given a ****, but it's an important thing to get right.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Must admit, when I saw the posts on social media of a young Goram in the yellow Hibs goalkeepers strip my first thoughts weren’t of Rangers or Loyalist paramilitaries. Just took me back to when I enjoyed watching him play in goal for Hibs and then Scotland, but then it suddenly hit home and I wondered if he really was the type of former player we should be extending good wishes to.

Obviously care little for the personality he became after signing for Rangers and his embracing of Loyalist culture in NI echos that of the majority of Rangers fans in Scotland, which is embracing a cause they have absolutely no connection or historical links with other than a by product of the team they chose to support.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Must admit, when I saw the posts on social media of a young Goram in the yellow Hibs goalkeepers strip my first thoughts weren’t of Rangers or Loyalist paramilitaries. Just took me back to when I enjoyed watching him play in goal for Hibs and then Scotland, but then it suddenly hit home and I wondered if he really was the type of former player we should be extending good wishes to.

Obviously care little for the personality he became after signing for Rangers and his embracing of Loyalist culture in NI echos that of the majority of Rangers fans in Scotland, which is embracing a cause they have absolutely no connection or historical links with other than a by product of the team they chose to support.
    I wouldn’t have complained, but it struck me as an inappropriate posting from the club , smacks of someone new to our environment ..not understanding the context of what Goram became

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I wouldn’t have complained, but it struck me as an inappropriate posting from the club , smacks of someone new to our environment ..not understanding the context of what Goram became
    Yes, true...a photo of Andy Goram from what looks like the day after he signed for us (which was probably before the twitter gadgie was born), struck me as rather odd, a bit like the Phil the Greek tweet when he shuffled off to the great grouse moor in the sky.

Maybe if he/she is reading this, we can politely advise them not to tweet anything about Betty Windsor's upcoming jubilee jingoism fest, and whatever you do, dinnae decorate the tweet with union flags eh?

What have we become when wishing an ex player a happy birthday causes so much angst?

We have had players who support terrorist organisations play for our club, manage our club, but that did not seem to bother anyone? We have a history linked to Ireland and the troubles, even some Irish support who also support terrorism.

We are not a religious club so we need to stay away from the sectarian rubbish from the west, we are hibs , have hibs class, now lets get in tae this semi and progress to the final

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    To be fair, you could make similar allegations about Anthony Stokes.
    Is it his birthday too?

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Agree. It's just odd. Read the room.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Someone from down south with no connection to the club.
    Correct .

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.