hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hadn't seen this before - SoL from the Huns' end. Magic.

https://twitter.com/paulmoncur/statu...60046843686912
    That's brilliant. Would love to see our winning goal from the same position. The scenes would look amazing. I've searched but i doubt the huns would be posting our winner!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Hadn't seen this before - SoL from the Huns' end. Magic.

https://twitter.com/paulmoncur/statu...60046843686912

Sunshine on Leith is ONE of the best football anthems on earth.

However, Sunshine on Leith sung at Hampden after that Scottish Cup Final win at the end of 114 years of generational pain, hope, faith, patience and - finally - joy, is unquestionably THE definitive best football anthem globally, bar none.

It's not just a song, it's the collective public restatement of a community healed and whole again. It was an almost spiritual experience and the sheer depth of emotion released is a very big part of why football fans from all over the world recognise it, empathise with it, love it and wish they could have been a part of it.

I tell you, I'll take the season or two of 'Hibsed it' abuse we had to endure towards the end in exchange for the infinite, unending, unrivalled, enduring ecstasy of the achievement when it came and the unique immortality of the both day and Sunshine on Leith as it is becoming in the history of football every single time.

#persevered

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post

However, Sunshine on Leith sung at Hampden after that Scottish Cup Final win at the end of 114 years of generational pain, hope, faith, patience and - finally - joy, is unquestionably THE definitive best football anthem globally, bar none.

It's not just a song, it's the collective public restatement of a community healed and whole again. It was an almost spiritual experience and the sheer depth of emotion released is a very big part of why football fans from all over the world recognise it, empathise with it, love it and wish they could have been a part of it.

I tell you, I'll take the season or two of 'Hibsed it' abuse we had to endure towards the end in exchange for the infinite, unending, unrivalled, enduring ecstasy of the achievement when it came and the unique immortality of the both day and Sunshine on Leith as it is becoming in the history of football every single time.

#persevered
    Never a truer word said. Would not swap that day any other way. The pain endured to reach that moment made it so special. GGTTH
    45 AND RISING

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

#persevered
    This.

(Sorry).
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

#persevered
    That's emotional investment for you!

#persevered
    Well said that man !

GGTTH

#persevered
    Great post. Only issue I'd have is that it wasn't "almost" a spiritual experience. It was a spiritual experience.

#persevered
    Perfectly said...

ggtth

I will add the fact that my entire family...wife with me, son with his mates, daughter with hers, us all spread in different sections of Hampden only to reunite immediately after the game and all bust into tears as we saw each other took it to a whole different level again...pass the tissues... :)
    Last edited by Hibby Gav; 22-06-2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: could talk about this all day

Dukla's away kit is more or less ****** maroon.

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    70 30 40 mins to go

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Get in!

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction