hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That's a good analysis there.
    Some very interesting stuff.

Not sure what the fuss is about him not including penalties - it's pretty clear from what he says that he's interested in the underlying statistical basis of how many goals a player is likely to score and penalties are, statistically, a completely different animal. The most significant factor in predicting the likely return would be whether you were the designated taker or not.

He's not discounting their value as goals.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    I like stats up to a point. Where I think the article is unfair is the assist part of it. Kamberi assisted no goals in the 5-5 Rangers game but anyone watching would realise how much he worked the Rangers defence created space for others and brought teammates into the game. No stat for that but that's why scouts are employed as well as analysts. Stats say Mcclaren 3 goals Kamberi 1. I'm grateful for Jamies goals but not possible without Kamberis tireless shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like stats up to a point. Where I think the article is unfair is the assist part of it. Kamberi assisted no goals in the 5-5 Rangers game but anyone watching would realise how much he worked the Rangers defence created space for others and brought teammates into the game. No stat for that but that's why scouts are employed as well as analysts. Stats say Mcclaren 3 goals Kamberi 1. I'm grateful for Jamies goals but not possible without Kamberis tireless shift.
    That’s as stats should be read. They are an aid to decision making which helps scouts minimise their own bias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How on earth has he come to the conclusion that Maclaren was more of a playmaker than Kamberi

Maybe if he actually watched a game rather than basing everything off of stats...