hibs.net Messageboard

Page 54 of 263 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 7886
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That will be one horsingly massive St George Cross...
    Nae need

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Surely they will start with both Loftus-cheek and Rashford in the next game?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Ferdinand saying that all the big teams will be wanting to avoid England now.
    Actually I don't mind England winning at all however, like in 1966, it's the utter bias & drivel from the reporters and commentators that does my head in. It's those guys I detest, not the team or the fans.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Im glad Tunisia got beat, a bunch of time wasting, cynical fouling Craig Levein wannabe’s. I have no time for teams that play like that.
    Spot on.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    How the referee didn't give England a couple of penalties when Kane was hauled to the ground is a mystery.

I hate it when defenders do that and refs should clamp down on them.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Actually I don't mind England winning at all however, like in 1966, it's the utter bias & drivel from the reporters and commentators that does my head in. It's those guys I detest, not the team or the fans.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Yup. It’s almost as though the commentators’ jobs benefitted from talking utter crap...

Scoreline flattered Tunisia who worked hard but defended set pieces like The Rangers in a Cup Final. England played well first 30 mins but were poor 2nd half, lucky to snatch the winner. Will need more than Harry Kane against better sides; too many average plodders.

England were by far the better team with the number of chances they created although they fell away after the dodgy penalty. Turned into a bit of a borefest after that with all the negativity from Tunisia, and they should have had two penalties when Kane was wrestled to the ground. Good goals from 'arry though.

I must be getting old sounding like like I wanted them to win, it's just I had them to win 2-0 in the primary school predictor.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    The goal was coming, terrible coaching, taking off both strikers and sitting back in 8-0-1 waiting for England to come onto them. A fair result.
    Surely no other manager has ever set up with all men behind the ball and expected to win?

Coaching Staff
    Supprised Vardy didn't get a run out, his pace can be a game changer.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Surely no other manager has ever set up with all men behind the ball and expected to win?
    Let me introduce you to Mr Levein

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    How the referee didn't give England a couple of penalties when Kane was hauled to the ground is a mystery.

Because he never seen it ?

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar

There's been talk about this being a good, open tournament and I don't disagree with that.

There's been some blatant targeting that's gone relatively unpunished though - Neymar got it and Kane got it tonight.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post

There's been talk about this being a good, open tournament and I don't disagree with that.

There's been some blatant targeting that's gone relatively unpunished though - Neymar got it and Kane got it tonight.
    Neymar was the recipient of rotational fouling.

I have obviously mistakenly thought that when the ref misses something the whole point of VAR is to refer him back to the incident.

It was also on both occasions a clear and obvious error by the referee.

I ranted on Saturday about penalty area shenanigans and these were the two most obvious ones I have seen since Zaliukas repeatedly wrestled Rob Jones to the ground in 2007.

Can anybody explain exactly when VAR should be brought into play?

I love the fact millions of English kids will be getting excited about this..... only to be sadly let down again. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    If they'd kept Khazri on instead of bringing on that boy who did nothing but fall over and give the ball away they might have even got a winner. Does my head in.

They looked pretty good to me. I reckon they might make the quarters. My problem is the expectations are ridiculous. Them winning the World Cup is an even longer shot than Livingston the spl. When they get knocked out in quarters or even in last 16 the media and fans should applaud them for doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Supprised Vardy didn't get a run out, his pace can be a game changer.
    Better than flipping Rashford anyway. don't understand why he's so rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post

The answer is, never.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeBigFly View Post
    They looked pretty good to me. I reckon they might make the quarters. My problem is the expectations are ridiculous. Them winning the World Cup is an even longer shot than Livingston the spl. When they get knocked out in quarters or even in last 16 the media and fans should applaud them for doing well.

Nothing like the usual hype in England at the moment. Will be interesting to see viewing figures for tonight because I think they will be below expectations.

That Iceland result really did puncture the balloon.

Draw is set up for England to get to QF at least I think. Probably get Brazil or Germany then but, as the first round of games showed us, you can't guarantee they will get put out then. But I'd be shocked if they got past the semis.

Also they were only 2 minutes away from doom and gloom headlines tonight!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    If they'd kept Khazri on instead of bringing on that boy who did nothing but fall over and give the ball away they might have even got a winner. Does my head in.
    They didn't have a single shot. They could never have won.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    I have obviously mistakenly thought that when the ref misses something the whole point of VAR is to refer him back to the incident.

It was also on both occasions a clear and obvious error by the referee.

I ranted on Saturday about penalty area shenanigans and these were the two most obvious ones I have seen since Zaliukas repeatedly wrestled Rob Jones to the ground in 2007.

Clear cases of VAR coming in.However if the refs looking at VAR are the kind that ignore grappling when they are on the park they’ll also ignore it when on studio duty.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    The answer is, never.

Brought in due to pressure by people making a big noise about ‘consistency’ and using the technology that’s there.

But it’s still a subjective business. We don’t have greater consistency but we do have more interruptions to the game.

They didn't have a single shot. They could never have won.
    Not with the way they played, no. My point is if they actually went at England they had least could have tested them.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeBigFly View Post
    Rankings are relatively new and not the be all and end all but France and Italy both won the WC from lower down the world rankings than where England are.

Anything's possible. As has been said, it's an almost certainty that should they make the QFs it will be Brazil or Germany. Progress from there and it's likely to be two of France, Spain, Portugal, Argentina or Belgium (again) to win the thing.

That's three massively difficult games but it's a young, talented side without much fear. I'm looking forward to their games where they play against teams who will set out to win.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Nothing like the usual hype in England at the moment. Will be interesting to see viewing figures for tonight because I think they will be below expectations.

That Iceland result really did puncture the balloon.
    Agreed and the whole media lot seem to be under instructions to be like Gareth and play everything softly softly rather than creating unrealistic expectations. Tonight they were awful in the second half and were given pretty gentle treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Rankings are relatively new and not the be all and end all but France and Italy both won the WC from lower down the world rankings than where England are.

Anything's possible. As has been said, it's an almost certainty that should they make the QFs it will be Brazil or Germany. Progress from there and it's likely to be two of France, Spain, Portugal, Argentina or Belgium (again) to win the thing.

That's three massively difficult games but it's a young, talented side without much fear. I'm looking forward to their games where they play against teams who will set out to win.
    Disagree about the fear. The longer it went at 1-1 tonight, the more anxious they seemed. Which is fair enough given they know what the tabloids could do to them.