hibs.net Messageboard

Page 248 of 263 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,440 of 7886
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Phew. I'm glad that it's over.

I'll be able to eat my dinner at a proper time again!

The hype was already getting to me, but if England had won tonight, it would have risen to hysteria.

My stomach actually sank when England scored, but I didn't cheer either Croatian goal.

The tournament has been more interesting because of England's involvement. Apart from my Hibs.net prediction (other= Croatia) I've no emotional investment at all in the final.

It would have been amazing if England had got there, even though I'd rather they lost.

Croatia v France?

Anyone bothered?
    Me!!!! I'm in France and looking forward to the final.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

The hype was already getting to me, but if England had won tonight, it would have risen to hysteria.

My stomach actually sank when England scored, but I didn't cheer either Croatian goal.

The tournament has been more interesting because of England's involvement. Apart from my Hibs.net prediction (other= Croatia) I've no emotional investment at all in the final.

It would have been amazing if England had got there, even though I'd rather they lost.

Croatia v France?

Anyone bothered?

I have to say that watching the news tonight showing big screen crowd scenes from their various games it does look like they've had a great ride even though they're out. Quite jealous of that. Wish it had been us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Me!!!! I'm in France and looking forward to the final.
    Snap, and glad I now won't get confused for being English on Sunday 😁

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I have to say that watching the news tonight showing big screen crowd scenes from their various games it does look like they've had a great ride even though they're out. Quite jealous of that. Wish it had been us.
    Yeah, me too.

Folk here have been getting hopeful, but they've been as nervous as excited.

Just like we would be.

I'd love for Scotland to lose a WC semi-final.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Croatia v France?

Anyone bothered?
    Massively, massive bothered.
    It's the World Cup final!!

It looked good fun being an England fan over the past few weeks and the team brought the country together, something only football could have really done. And I must say how impressed I've been with Southgate, I honestly would have been happy for him had England won tonight.

However, for Glenn Hoddle to call them all national treasures is laughable. They beat Tunisia, Panama and Sweden. Once the dust setlles and the emotions calm, people will see it for what it was. A fortunate route to the semis and ultimately beaten by a better side for the second time.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Massively, massive bothered.
    It's the World Cup final!!

France will win.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

France will win.
    I've thought so too, since the Argentina display, but Croatia second half performance tonight has me wondering. Modric plays at a level like that and I'm not sure Pogba can cope with him.

But I still think France have too much quality.

England badly need a creative player in midfield and someone to take the weight off Kane upfront.I wonder if he’s carrying an injury,Spurs will be sweating.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I've thought so too, since the Argentina display, but Croatia second half performance tonight has me wondering. Modric plays at a level like that and I'm not sure Pogba can cope with him.

But I still think France have too much quality.
    I thought Croatia had too much in midfield for England. Modric is world class, Rakitic not far behind. ****e has been the player who has impressed me most for France so it should be an interesting battle.

England could have been out of sight at half time though, and like England I think France are stronger in defence and attack than Croatia (although Mandzukic was good tonight).

It's a fascinating prospect, hopefully the final is as good as the rest of the tournament has been.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Any one notice the green white & black UJ flag behind the goal, partly covered by a Russian flag? It wasn’t was it??

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    It looked good fun being an England fan over the past few weeks and the team brought the country together, something only football could have really done. And I must say how impressed I've been with Southgate, I honestly would have been happy for him had England won tonight.

However, for Glenn Hoddle to call them all national treasures is laughable. They beat Tunisia, Panama and Sweden. Once the dust setlles and the emotions calm, people will see it for what it was. A fortunate route to the semis and ultimately beaten by a better side for the second time.
    Anything Hoddle says is generally laughable, when it's not extremely offensive. I wonder how Malky Mackay is these days.

First Team Breakthrough
    Anything Hoddle says is generally laughable, when it's not extremely offensive. I wonder how Malky Mackay is these days.
    Repulsive?

I have to say it's usually the BBC commentary I find ridiculous and Bias but itv and hoddle with the other guy have took it to new levels this tournament

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I thought Croatia had too much in midfield for England. Modric is world class, Rakitic not far behind. ****e has been the player who has impressed me most for France so it should be an interesting battle.

England could have been out of sight at half time though, and like England I think France are stronger in defence and attack than Croatia (although Mandzukic was good tonight).

It's a fascinating prospect, hopefully the final is as good as the rest of the tournament has been.

I think it might not be the best. A knackered Croatia controlled and stifled by a more complete and fresher French team. Croatia good enough to starve France of too much possession but struggling to puncture the French. Hope I'm wrong. If Croatia still have enough juice it could be a cracker. Big if though.

I think it might not be the best. A knackered Croatia controlled and stifled by a more complete and fresher French team. Croatia good enough to starve France of too much possession but struggling to puncture the French. Hope I'm wrong. If Croatia still have enough juice it could be a cracker. Big if though.
    Most folk thought they'd be knackered tonight.

France can be a bit hot and cold. I wasn't at all impressed by them in the first game but they have played well at times since then.

It's fairly open, there will be lots of top players on show and I'm looking forward to it.

Tonight's game wasn't a classic game, but it was intriguing from first minute to last.

England are a decent side at international level but they were never going to win the World Cup. If you were naive enough to buy into the media and their whole it's coming home patter then it just shows a lack of understanding of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Any one notice the green white & black UJ flag behind the goal, partly covered by a Russian flag? It wasn’t was it??
    I saw that but wasn't sure about the colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    England are a decent side at international level but they were never going to win the World Cup. If you were naive enough to buy into the media and their whole it's coming home patter then it just shows a lack of understanding of the game.
    This post would have been a bit better if you'd posted it last night.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This post would have been a bit better if you'd posted it last night.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    Said a few times on here over the last few days England don't have the overall quality to win it. No hindsight , just understanding of the game.

Feel free to quote me and show otherwise.

Now I won’t get to hear New Order - World in motion for at least 4 years α top tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realistically if you weren’t English or weren’t panicking like a schoolchild sitting a finals exam England were never winning it. They aren’t good enough. Could really only score from set pieces.

I said from the start they won’t win and to be fair they’d prob got roasted from France in the final. These young lads can hold there heads high though and be proud they got that far. They had an easy run done well to not slip up but failed when it mattered simple as that. The Euros could be interesting as they will have learned a lot and may do very well in that.

France have followed the old itialian method, start slow, get through the group stages without too much efficiency then peak for the final

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Seems as if the English media's comments gave the Croatian players a bit of extra motivation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Vnk-Z3toY

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post

I saw that, near the end of the second half I think?

Couldnae be arsed rewinding it though!

Left by mutual consent!
    Maybe now, after what's been quite an odd/strange/great World Cup, even before it began it was bereft of 2 of the traditionally bigger footballing nations of Holland/Italy, the early exit of Germany, quickly followed by the likes of Brazil & Argentina, the fact that England still couldn't be 'Best of the rest' - just maybe we'll see a more realistic English Football-media emerge from it .......................

But then again I always hope that 'World Peace' is just around the corner ..........................

Don't quite know what to make of this World Cup. For me as a competition it still stands head and shoulders above other football competitions purely designed to make wealthy football clubs even wealthier. The clash of different cultures is still fascinating to me, and how people who are almost legends in club football cope with a different pressure while playing at national level. But so many notable names were missing from this tournament. No Italy, Netherlands, Chile, USA, and Germany and Argentina were really poor. It's hard to see past France in the final, although it would be brilliant if there's a new name on the trophy. Whatever the result, it's still a great tournament, and still at the very top IMO.

The English players tried to score when the Croatians where still celebrating their goal 😂

https://mobile.twitter.com/VJesenicn...429506/video/1

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Fan reaction at the equaliser, haven't found one for the winner yet. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/lAbG9Pcz1CM

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Both Croatian and English fans.

https://youtu.be/PJT9CbS4c34