hibs.net Messageboard

Page 105 of 263 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 7886
    Really enjoying this World Cup, the knock outs will be great. Hope Argentina can sort out the mess they are in. I had this down as one of the most predictable world cups yet with Spain cruising to another title but sacking the unbeaten manager (at international and under 21 level) should level the field out a bit.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I showed the boys the scorpion on YouTube from back in the day, they couldn't believe it
    Love showing that clip to the kids I coach. I remember trying it in the playground... Learnt that the ground was hard and painful

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    You dont win the World Cup in the first round (group stage) but you can certainly lose it. Lots of football to be played yet.

Sit back and enjoy.

Wise words.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    McCoist has an unerring abilty to ruin the enjoyment of watching football. He offers less than nothing as a co-commentator - no insight other than a reminder that he hasnt yet completely disappeared into the oblivion that he earned as the sevco bigoted manager and still wholly deserves.

I just wish they could get rid of these bloody wimmin commentating and on the panels

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    I just wish they could get rid of these bloody wimmin commentating and on the panels
    It's a bit "token" innit?

Still, that's politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    Great stuff from Colombia. Viewing only spoiled by McCoist's utterly dismal co-commentary. How in the name of sweet Jesus does he keep getting jobs?
    The Beeb love his cheeky chappy nature and would like to think he represents the views of all Scots. His acceptance of the English Shilling and his dancing for them like a clown is cringeworthy and gees me the boak

Why

Kelly Cates, for one, knows as much about football as any of the men and is impeccably researched. She is also likeable and funny and can do the presenter thing or the analysis thing equally well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    England pundits think they've bagged the WC. When will they learn! Silly boys.
    Yup - still to play a team of any substance yet the 'Low key' approach has been firmly booted into touch !. Just means that when 'that' game comes (as it does and always will for England), it's gonna be great !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    McCoist has an unerring abilty to ruin the enjoyment of watching football. He offers less than nothing as a co-commentator - no insight other than a reminder that he hasnt yet completely disappeared into the oblivion that he earned as the sevco bigoted manager and still wholly deserves.
    But at least he doesn't Mention England during commentary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Agreed, I don't think women would appreciate men barging in on their "girly days out" at a shopping outlet with their husband's credit cards therefore why they need to gate crash the manly arena of football I do not know.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    England pundits think they've bagged the WC. When will they learn! Silly boys.
    To be fair they did play well and achieved a new high score record. I still can't shake the feeling that it was a bit like beating Stevie Wonder at darts.

The English media seem to be wanting England to cheat and throw the Belgium game so they get an "easier" tie in the last 16. They'd be livid if someone like Brazil deliberately chucked a game to finish second so they faced England rather than Germany.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    The English media seem to be wanting England to cheat and throw the Belgium game so they get an "easier" tie in the last 16. They'd be livid if someone like Brazil deliberately chucked a game to finish second so they faced England rather than Germany.

Is that "observation" any worse than urging a player to get a deliberate yellow card so they miss an earlier, less crucial game? Seen that a lot on here concerning Hibs players and gets many a thumbs up.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I can’t believe that they are being serious. Tournaments are all about momentum and anyway there are no “easy” games at the stage really. Southgate strikes me as a pretty decent bloke so hope he ignores the media on this

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    To be fair they did play well and achieved a new high score record. I still can't shake the feeling that it was a bit like beating Stevie Wonder at darts.
    Peaked too soon, showed their best game to the opposition giving them plenty of time to counter the big lumps at set pieces.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Yup - still to play a team of any substance yet the 'Low key' approach has been firmly booted into touch !. Just means that when 'that' game comes (as it does and always will for England), it's gonna be great !!
    To be fair (not that I expect that from your good self) you could substitute the name of almost any national team in here.

2 games in for everyone now, who's been your favourite team/player so far?

I think Uruguay are going about their business quietly. Belgium and England doing well but played amateur teams so far. Been very impressed with Croatia and might be in with a decent shout. Not sure of their path though?

A few let downs. Argentina, a better side than what is being made out imo. Poland - really expected them to win their group but going home. Peru came with a big support and high hopes but similar to Poland.

How does everyone's pre tournament predictions and bets look?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    To be fair (not that I expect that from your good self) you could substitute the name of almost any national team in here.
    Perhaps, however any other national team doesn't talk itself up to be World Cup winners (at every tournament) as England do !

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Perhaps, however any other national team doesn't talk itself up to be World Cup winners (at every tournament) as England do !
    How do you know that?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post

I think Uruguay are going about their business quietly. Belgium and England doing well but played amateur teams so far. Been very impressed with Croatia and might be in with a decent shout. Not sure of their path though?

A few let downs. Argentina, a better side than what is being made out imo. Poland - really expected them to win their group but going home. Peru came with a big support and high hopes but similar to Poland.

Far too much has been made of the 'big teams' slow start, all four of Brazil Germany Argentina Spain have all got a good chance of qualifying and can tweak their teams and tactics to still win the whole thing. France will also get stronger.

Mexico Colombia and England have been the best teams to watch so far, Ronaldo up front and Godin in defence have been the stand out performers. There's been some quality cheating, Switzerland, Iran and Panama get a special mention, I'm looking forward to Pepe against Iran tonight, with both teams capable of going through, will be a darks arts masterclass

Im sticking with my original prédiction Spain to win it.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 25-06-2018 at 10:24 AM.

I have Belgium, Uruguay and Croatia all E/W and Lukaku E/W as top scorer.

Like the look of Croatia. Modric is on fire.

Cannae judge Belgium the now as they haven’t played anyone yet. They look very strong going forward, but ropey at the back at the moment. Same as England.

I still think it’s so tight to call. Depends on teams passage to the final. England and Belgium might be better finishing second as it stands just now.’

@hibs.net private member

I have Croatia each way at 40s. If they can keep their first choice players fit and not suspended they could do well . The depth of their squad may prove a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    Is that "observation" any worse than urging a player to get a deliberate yellow card so they miss an earlier, less crucial game? Seen that a lot on here concerning Hibs players and gets many a thumbs up.

There's a difference between a player getting a booking and throwing a game. It's basically match fixing

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    How exactly is it a record?
    Theres been many bigger scores before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    How exactly is it a record?
    Theres been many bigger scores before.
    It's England's record score in a WC game
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It's England's record score in a WC game
    Aah ok.
    Not exactly hard right enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Aah ok.
    Not exactly hard right enough
    6 goals at international level is a huge achievement.

And, given that according to so many people on here, England are actually pish, it's even more impressive.

Left by mutual consent!
    Haven't seen a lot of the World Cup so I may have missed it, but I'm not aware of anyone in the England camp claiming they'll win it. They seem a level-headed bunch and I actually quite like Southgate. Good luck to them. The tired old 'Anyone but England' mantra feels very jaded these days and carries little clout from Scotland fans whose team's absence from major tournaments is fast approaching quarter of a century. Let's be honest, Scottish pundits would be getting just as worked up if we ever won a game 6-1 at a World Cup finals. Can you imagine some of the bampots on Sportsound's Open all mikes roster commentating in such circumstances. They'd be unbearable!

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Salah benched for Egypt, but it’s a dead rubber anyway.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Also, Egypt changed their keeper and playing a 45-year old, who becomes the oldest player to feature in the World Cup.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars