hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

HSL - target reached?

Wondering if anyone knows if HSL managed to get to their target last week?

:)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibee316 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

No they didn't.

The last post I saw was around 80 or so. Not too shabby imho

GGTTH

Am sure I read recently we now have just over 2 ,OOO members The frustration is Motherwell andSt Mirren I think it was both have more members than this with thier respective schemes
    We have a much larger Support than either of those Teams so the question is why are we as a support so reluctant to contribute to a Scheme designed to give funds directly to the Club to help bring in Quality players
    Am not interested in how many Hearts fans contribute to their Club as their circumstances were different
    But is it too much to expect us to get to 3 ,000 Members or more .i would of thought we should, and I contribute ,and am a Season Ticket Holder
    It was always going to be a gradually process but not sure how we get another few hundred folk on board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Am sure I read recently we now have just over 2 ,OOO members The frustration is Motherwell andSt Mirren I think it was both have more members than this with thier respective schemes
    We have a much larger Support than either of those Teams so the question is why are we as a support so reluctant to contribute to a Scheme designed to give funds directly to the Club to help bring in Quality players
    Am not interested in how many Hearts fans contribute to their Club as their circumstances were different
    But is it too much to expect us to get to 3 ,000 Members or more .i would of thought we should, and I contribute ,and am a Season Ticket Holder
    It was always going to be a gradually process but not sure how we get another few hundred folk on board

We can only keep spreading the word. HSL have certainly improved recently but the website still lacks key things - it is a shame that our numbers and amount donated aren't updated more frequently. Same with the news and the twitter feed - there are only 5 news articles on the website, all of them seem to have issues with the images (I'm getting the alt text at least). Same on the About Us page, none of the pictures of the chair people are showing up. There isn't a news article that has a blurb and link to Charlie's interview etc.

The website is by no means the be all and end all but I think it still has some way to go before it is an effective marketing tool - facebook and twitter integration (news articles), possibly youtube or other media platform for sharing HSL related videos, etc. People cannot be bothered going all over the place to achieve a "picture" of something, especially millennials and older generations. A lot of it seems to be far too static, especially seeing as they are clearly more active on twitter etc. Just a shame we cannot get a level of integration whereby material can be fired out onto all applicable platforms or that the website merely has a twitter feed or something, just so much being shared on one and if you aren't on that platform you are none the wiser.

Out of interest, are any fans being allowed/asked to formally help out? I'm sure people would come forward (certain a few have offered on here).

Hibee316
    We didn't quite get to the 100 by the Sunday night but we were pretty close and of course we continue to get new donators every day. We plan to be at the Open Day on Sunday and hope to attract more there.
    HSL

First Team Regular
    Going to join shortly

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Hibee316
    We didn't quite get to the 100 by the Sunday night but we were pretty close and of course we continue to get new donators every day. We plan to be at the Open Day on Sunday and hope to attract more there.
    HSL
    Any thoughts on a name change / rebrand to make more appealing to a wider network?

Ronnie
    You pose a good question and as you heard in Charlie's interview he too expressed disappointment / frustration.
    It really is difficult to give one particular reason but what we can say is that we are now seeing more and more supporters joining. We think that supporters now realise that we cannot keep looking for someone else to donate money to the Club, if we want to improve our prospects we have to do it ourselves.
    One last observation , for all the various ideas and suggestions for improving numbers the one that works best of all is word of mouth. If every single existing donator set them self the task of attracting just one new donator, our contributions would double overnight.
    HSL
    Last edited by OfficialHSL; 13-06-2018 at 08:37 PM.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Any thoughts on a name change / rebrand to make more appealing to a wider network?
    My thought as well how do we get that out there to the people who don't buy season tickets and who don't go to matches.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    We can only keep spreading the word. HSL have certainly improved recently but the website still lacks key things - it is a shame that our numbers and amount donated aren't updated more frequently. Same with the news and the twitter feed - there are only 5 news articles on the website, all of them seem to have issues with the images (I'm getting the alt text at least). Same on the About Us page, none of the pictures of the chair people are showing up. There isn't a news article that has a blurb and link to Charlie's interview etc.

The website is by no means the be all and end all but I think it still has some way to go before it is an effective marketing tool - facebook and twitter integration (news articles), possibly youtube or other media platform for sharing HSL related videos, etc. People cannot be bothered going all over the place to achieve a "picture" of something, especially millennials and older generations. A lot of it seems to be far too static, especially seeing as they are clearly more active on twitter etc. Just a shame we cannot get a level of integration whereby material can be fired out onto all applicable platforms or that the website merely has a twitter feed or something, just so much being shared on one and if you aren't on that platform you are none the wiser.

Out of interest, are any fans being allowed/asked to formally help out? I'm sure people would come forward (certain a few have offered on here).
    Do HSL have a Facebook? I can't find it with a simple search and that's a massive problem. Facebook is one of the easiest marketing tools out there if used correctly, happy to share my experiences if someone wants to pm me though I'm sure there are others that have much more experience that I at such things.

Name change would be a big step in the right direction. Are the club themselves doing enough to promote it too?

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Do HSL have a Facebook? I can't find it with a simple search and that's a massive problem. Facebook is one of the easiest marketing tools out there if used correctly, happy to share my experiences if someone wants to pm me though I'm sure there are others that have much more experience that I at such things.
    Yes, I just typed in HSL & found it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

In their defence, they have posted the links to their FB and Twitter accounts on .net many times before on various threads. I'm heading to work but will find them later.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHibby93 View Post
    In their defence, they have posted the links to their FB and Twitter accounts on .net many times before on various threads. I'm heading to work but will find them later.

GGTTH
    I have found it, I know they've shared them, my point was more that if you search hibernian it doesn't come up anywhere near the top of the list, you need to search HSL. That's fine if you know what you're searching for but to get new people looking at the page having the show under a simple Hibernian or Hibernian Supporters search should be a priority.

I should add I wasn't meaning to have a go, just pointing out an area that could be amended to drive more traffic in their direction.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    I have found it, I know they've shared them, my point was more that if you search hibernian it doesn't come up anywhere near the top of the list, you need to search HSL. That's fine if you know what you're searching for but to get new people looking at the page having the show under a simple Hibernian or Hibernian Supporters search should be a priority.

I should add I wasn't meaning to have a go, just pointing out an area that could be amended to drive more traffic in their direction.
    We all want it to be successful here is the thing I don't even know what HSL stands for?
    So I'm sure most others won't

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    We all want it to be successful here is the thing I don't even know what HSL stands for?
    So I'm sure most others won't

Hibernian supporters limited. Its a bit of a mouthful.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

I contribute as does my branch(East Lothian Hibs ) but I'm not so sure that lots of people can contribute much more than they do already.

I just pay for my own season so I am in HSL, subscribe to Hibs TV etc.

I have mates though that pay for three or four season tickets and therefore putting more money into the Hibs pot than me. I can understand why fans are not paying into it as they feel they are paying enough or simply cannot afford to pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post

Madhatter
    Thank you for your feedback.

I wonder if you would mind emailing us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk with the various issues. As you may be aware we have just spent a fair bit of money on the new web site and it should be correct. If you don't mind, it would good if you could speak to the web developer

JS

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Name change would be a big step in the right direction. Are the club themselves doing enough to promote it too?
    We have had a couple of supporters make a similar suggestion.
    Rest assured that none of your Directors are precious about the name however right now we are dealing with the launch of the new web site with the current name.
    If there is a strong view on this perhaps we could look at this after the Summer when more resources are around. We have a new facility within the Members Page where we can test the "mood of the camp "
    We are always looking for help so if there are any young supporters out there with a proven track record in social media please email us

HSL

I understand all that but just think as we have a much.bigger fan base than St Mirren and Motherwell We should be able to increase me membership
    I can't see iether of these two teams having proportionately more wealthy fans than us Although maybe in smaller towns you get more smaller businesses or ordinary folk who don't go to games getting behind such a scheme
    I am retired and have to make choices what I do with my money so I prioritise Hibs over other things Not easy and don't expect everyone to but they are giving it a big push again and an increase up to three thousand members should surely be achievable
    Who would of thought three Seasons ago we would be heading for 14,000 Season Ticket Holders

I think some supporters have concerns over the 'fan ownership' aspect of the scheme. I contribute every month but i do so in support of the club spending money on players wages etc. I dont really have any desire to see us fan owned tbh. I understand it is the goal to have enough shares so that we (the fans) could block any potential unwanted takeover but i think that needs to be emphasised a bit more?

Personally i still want to see large investments into the club from individuals/consortiums ala STF, and i think some fans may be concerned that this would not happen should the fans own 'too much' of the club? Maybe im wrong but its seems to a possible explanation?

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I wonder if HSL:

Has a marketing strategy that it knows it's ROI from?

Has a Social media campaign that doesn't just show up when they want new members?

Has studied what is making other more successful schemes...erm...more successful?

Has considered attaching giving to outcomes? ('For every 100 new members who join, the budget is increased to the value of an extra player' etc)

Has looked at the quality of the list they are broadcasting to and spending more time improving engagement with those who open/click on their communications the most?

Has considered putting out a monthly video update on a dedicated you tube channel that takes us all on a journey to a target similar to how Hibs do with ST sales.

All of these are time hungry but they're low/no cost in terms of investment.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Madhatter
    Thank you for your feedback.

I wonder if you would mind emailing us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk with the various issues. As you may be aware we have just spent a fair bit of money on the new web site and it should be correct. If you don't mind, it would good if you could speak to the web developer

JS
    Sure thing. I'll fire an email through at some point. I'm by no means an expert, I work in IT not marketing so some of the points I make may be better suited for a debate/discussion (far more able individuals out there on that front). Also, I hope I'm not coming across as being overly critical, the website is a definite improvement but 3-4 points I've already got prepped could all be classed as a "biggie". Marketing via websites can start to become a tricky business as it relies a lot on UX, if the user hates the experience you won't get much traction. One problem is we are appealing to a wide demographic so making a good experience for everyone can be awkward. Priority is: get the purpose, cause, endorsements (even from the "man on the street"), current level of support and current traction out there immediately.

Strongest criticism I have of the website (outside of the functionality issues) is it relies fairly heavily on vertical scrolling to get the "message" (e.g. About Us you have to scroll to see the counters). The point of HSL is not in your face straight away, again marketing people would be better helping with that side though.
    Last edited by madhatter; 14-06-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Hibernian supporters limited. Its a bit of a mouthful.
    Call it HSL then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Call it HSL then.
    That is great but if I'm not a .net user and I here some people at the game talking about how there's a supporters find like AberDNA that gives money to the playing fund I'm not necessarily going to automatically assume HSL is the name of it, and if I search under Hibernian or Hibernian supporters on Facebook HSL does not come up.

The point I was responding to was about ease in finding the page online, via Facebook and other social media sites it's not that easy which should be an area of focus for HSL. Social media has a massive reach, especially for people who live too far to attend games but want to help the club so they should be doing everything they can to reach those fans. As I said before Facebook advertising is very easy and fairly effective, it should be considered.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I wonder if HSL:

Has a Social media campaign that doesn't just show up when they want new members?

Has studied what is making other more successful schemes...erm...more successful?

Has considered attaching giving to outcomes? ('For every 100 new members who join, the budget is increased to the value of an extra player' etc)

Has looked at the quality of the list they are broadcasting to and spending more time improving engagement with those who open/click on their communications the most?

Has considered putting out a monthly video update on a dedicated you tube channel that takes us all on a journey to a target similar to how Hibs do with ST sales.

I would add -

Has harnessed the 'dot count' ticket sales effect to generate momentum. Competing with FOH would be a strong focus for HSL.

I appreciate the fact you weren't having a go and nor did you sound as though you were.

If you Google 'Hibernian Supporters' their website is top of the first page. That can't be bad.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    I'll donate to the Levein is a speccy twat fund

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I wonder if HSL:

sorry for being thick but what does your opening sentence mean?