hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cowiehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sorry for being thick but what does your opening sentence mean?
    Return on investment.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Return on investment.
    Thanks I was between that and Rate of interest

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    We have had a couple of supporters make a similar suggestion.
    Rest assured that none of your Directors are precious about the name however right now we are dealing with the launch of the new web site with the current name.
    If there is a strong view on this perhaps we could look at this after the Summer when more resources are around. We have a new facility within the Members Page where we can test the "mood of the camp "
    We are always looking for help so if there are any young supporters out there with a proven track record in social media please email us

HSL
    I signed up last week but really agree with the name change. HSL doesn’t feel emotive enough. It doesn’t get the pulse racing. It feels detached. That’s my only criticism. I think you are all doing great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser_Sauzee View Post
    I signed up last week but really agree with the name change. HSL doesn’t feel emotive enough. It doesn’t get the pulse racing. It feels detached. That’s my only criticism. I think you are all doing great work.
    Kaiser

Thank you for your constructive comments. As stated above there isn't anyone wedded to our existing name and we haven't heard from anyone desperately seeking its retention. The issue is timing. We are concentrating on ensuring the web site is properly launched and over the coming months trying to get as much money behind Neil as possible. We are also dealing with the remaining elections.

We are doing well at the moment with new donators joining every day. Anecdotal feedback suggests that more and more of our existing Members are taking the bull by the horns and contacting a pal/relative/neighbour who just "hasn't got round to joining". This is fantastic and is paying dividends so please keep up the good work.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by cowiehibs View Post
    sorry for being thick but what does your opening sentence mean?
    ROI means return on investment I presume.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Is there a reason why we're using the word "donator" rather than "donor"?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Kaiser

Thank you for your constructive comments. As stated above there isn't anyone wedded to our existing name and we haven't heard from anyone desperately seeking its retention. The issue is timing. We are concentrating on ensuring the web site is properly launched and over the coming months trying to get as much money behind Neil as possible. We are also dealing with the remaining elections.

We are doing well at the moment with new donators joining every day. Anecdotal feedback suggests that more and more of our existing Members are taking the bull by the horns and contacting a pal/relative/neighbour who just "hasn't got round to joining". This is fantastic and is paying dividends so please keep up the good work.

HSL
    joined tonight paid my £225 and plan a monthly donation. Never thought I would join HSL never really excited me probably because I think Sir Tom and Rod let us down badly. No point though going over the past. Under Leeann and Neil we have the good feel factor back, enjoying the football, Kamberi signing focused my mind on the fact I want good players at hibs so decided to back Neil and the club

Hopefully i I can get a few mates on board

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Is there a reason why we're using the word "donator" rather than "donor"?

Cropley

Not really quite sure.

One tends to think of the word donor in the context of giving an organ or blood. Now, supportors wishing to give an organ to Neil and the team can do so
    by reporting to the Supportors Club at Sunnyside at the first game of the season.

Alternatively just drop off the organ at the ticket office.

HSL

Cropley

Not really quite sure.

One tends to think of the word donor in the context of giving an organ or blood. Now, supportors wishing to give an organ to Neil and the team can do so
    by reporting to the Supportors Club at Sunnyside at the first game of the season.

Alternatively just drop off the organ at the ticket office.

HSL
    I can give you my first-born, if you'd like.

My organs are worth nothing to nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I can give you my first-born, if you'd like.

My organs are worth nothing to nobody.

Cropley

First born would be fine, if the ticket office are unsure just tell them that we will be in later in the week to pick up him/her.

HSL

Cropley

First born would be fine, if the ticket office are unsure just tell them that we will be in later in the week to pick up him/her.

HSL
    Result.

On so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandMoaner View Post
    joined tonight paid my £225 and plan a monthly donation. Never thought I would join HSL never really excited me probably because I think Sir Tom and Rod let us down badly. No point though going over the past. Under Leeann and Neil we have the good feel factor back, enjoying the football, Kamberi signing focused my mind on the fact I want good players at hibs so decided to back Neil and the club

Weststandmoaner
    Welcome aboard and thank you for joining.
    I'm sure that many have shared your sentiments but we are so pleased to see so many supporters starting to take your view. This is one of the reasons HSL started. We cannot keep looking to others to fund our ambition. As we all know owning a football Club isn't like owning another asset, it is often a liability. Our view at HSL has always been, we can either sit around and moan or we can try and actually do something that will help the Club.
    If you need any help with your mates give us s call ?

Hsl
    Last edited by OfficialHSL; 16-06-2018 at 08:40 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Why don’t we use a small portion of HSL and book Oriam 4-5 times a week for our under 15’s?

We own our training ground and we have exclusive use obviously but oriam is a nationally funded project. Our under 21’s already use it but for a few extra thousand we could properly show our neighbours up

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandMoaner View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Return on investment.
    So it’s not Republic of Ireland?

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    So it’s not Republic of Ireland?
    Nor "Region of Interest"

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Why don’t we use a small portion of HSL and book Oriam 4-5 times a week for our under 15’s?

We own our training ground and we have exclusive use obviously but oriam is a nationally funded project. Our under 21’s already use it but for a few extra thousand we could properly show our neighbours up
    Sorry if I've missed something, but what would be the point in that?
    Mon the Hibs.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post

Sounds like a waste of a few thousand pounds to me.

Besides we already show them up, both on and off the pitch.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    The figures have been updated on the HSL website. Now 2004 donaters, £590,000 raised, and we own 15% of the shares. Been a decent couple of months for HSL I’d say and that is good for Hibs. Hopefully the open day will attract even more interest.