hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar

Advice - Selling a Signed Away Top (c.2009/10)

Hi, just needing some advice.

Having a clearout and stumbled upon a signed top I forgot I had.

Its a jade green away strip from c2009, fully signed by 16 or players/staff, including manager, John Hughes and players including 2016 heroes, Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson (I think, can't make out the sig too well). Only other sig i can make out is Steven Thicot (shudder...). Looking at the squad for that period, there are some great players (Riordan, Spoony, John Rankin, Stokes, the late Liam Miller and Sol Bamba), but can make out if their sigs are present.

I have no need for it and I'm not set up on ebay for selling (I actually had a bad experience of the ebay years ago, so I'd rather not go back there).

So, can I sell it on here? What are the forum/selling rules etc? Any guide prices as to what a fair and reasonable value or figure is?

I'm not looking to make a fortune or rip-off a fellow supporter. Just looking to move it on to someone who can appreciate it more than me; or display it or make part of a strip collection etc.

Any advice would be welcome!!

PS can email pics if needed.
    PPS my "thing" is records and old vinyl if someone wants to do a trade for some wax.....??
    Last edited by Topographic Hibby; 28-07-2019 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Adding in PPS trade option

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi, just needing some advice.

Having a clearout and stumbled upon a signed top I forgot I had.

Its a jade green away strip from c2009, fully signed by 16 or players/staff, including manager, John Hughes and players including 2016 heroes, Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson (I think, can't make out the sig too well). Only other sig i can make out is Steven Thicot (shudder...). Looking at the squad for that period, there are some great players (Riordan, Spoony, John Rankin, Stokes, the late Liam Miller and Sol Bamba), but can make out if their sigs are present.

I have no need for it and I'm not set up on ebay for selling (I actually had a bad experience of the ebay years ago, so I'd rather not go back there).

So, can I sell it on here? What are the forum/selling rules etc? Any guide prices as to what a fair and reasonable value or figure is?

I'm not looking to make a fortune or rip-off a fellow supporter. Just looking to move it on to someone who can appreciate it more than me; or display it or make part of a strip collection etc.

Any advice would be welcome!!

PS can email pics if needed.
    PPS my "thing" is records and old vinyl if someone wants to do a trade for some wax.....??
    Have you used the hib-bay forum on here ? A good place to start 👍

https://www.hibs.net/forumdisplay.php?49-hib-Bay

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Have you used the hib-bay forum on here ? A good place to start 👍

https://www.hibs.net/forumdisplay.php?49-hib-Bay
    Forgot about Hib-bay. I'll have a look over there.

Thanks!!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Forgot about Hib-bay. I'll have a look over there.

Thanks!!
    What sort of vinyl are you collecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    What sort of vinyl are you collecting?
    All sorts!!

I’m on Instagram at @hughsrecordcollection if you’re interested. Page is a daily post of vinyl I play and/or collect. The last week in vinyl includes albums by The Tubes, a Beatles bootleg, a soundtrack tribute to Rutger Hauer, Heatwave (cos it was hot last week!!), Living Colour, some 70s jazz rock fusion and The Waterboys.

I’m always on the lookout for vinyl, whether linked to this signed top or not. Drop me a PM/DM.

Hugh

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    All sorts!!

I’m on Instagram at @hughsrecordcollection if you’re interested. Page is a daily post of vinyl I play and/or collect. The last week in vinyl includes albums by The Tubes, a Beatles bootleg, a soundtrack tribute to Rutger Hauer, Heatwave (cos it was hot last week!!), Living Colour, some 70s jazz rock fusion and The Waterboys.

I’m always on the lookout for vinyl, whether linked to this signed top or not. Drop me a PM/DM.

Hugh
    Eclectic.