hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Marvin bartley

Threaded View

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Marvin bartley

Marvin Bartley to me is a hero. When the going gets tough he gets going. He to me is what Matty Jack was for Alex McLeishs famous HIBS side of the late 1990s early naughties. A midfield enforcer. A role that every good team needs. He loved /loves playing against the Hearts. I just wonder what the future holds for him. He hardly played latterly in Lennys teams. He found himself in the uncomfortable position as being the HIBS unofficial spokesman before Lennys Assistant got involved latterly to explain Lennys actions/absence.I agree Marvin is getting on the biggest compliment that can be paid to him is that other SPFL clubs have brought in similar players to play a similar role. Marvin has bought into our ethos and psyche. He has also had his own personal problems and has had to deal with the Grenfell disaster. I feel that you cannot change the past but the way Hearts approached that penultimate fixture we were crying out for Marvin Bartley. I am just wondering if my fellow posters feel that Marvin has a role to play in the new season, is he still onside with the Manager or is it time to move on. I hope that he stays because we do not need immitations as we have the real deal.
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 12-06-2018 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Not auction new thread