hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Delude kilmarnock

Just seen on BBC sports website the Kilmarnock chairman thinks they can seriously challenge for the title next season, I'll have some of what he's drinking. 😂

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just seen on BBC sports website the Kilmarnock chairman thinks they can seriously challenge for the title next season, I'll have some of what he's drinking. 😂

They'll be taking points off the OF. The more teams doing that the better.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Everyone should be thinking they could win .
    What's the point in being in it if they don't .
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Potter's happy if Hearts don't concede.

When was the last time they won the title and who came second?

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    If Clarke's points per game ratio was extended over the course of the whole season then they wouldn't have been too far off Celtic this season. Improving upon this season is hardly delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    When was the last time they won the title and who came second?
    Interesting question. I had a look around and this came up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-93_7Gz5FTQ

Left by mutual consent!
    Our post January form was good enough for a title challenge too!

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44304566

Nothing wrong with aiming as high as possible but he's talking about a title challenge next season.
    Last edited by J-C; 30-05-2018 at 07:40 PM.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44304566

Nothing wrong with aiming as high as possible but he's talking about a title challenge next season.
    Putting aside the hype I knew nothing about their Chairman. Sounds like a hard working guy.

@hibs.net private member
    Is this an order?

As unlikely as it is it's quite nice to see someone come out and state they want to challenge for the title.

Every interview with someone connected to a club always seems to lead with 'we would love to finish 2nd'. That's probably just being realistic but I do sometimes wish someone would do what the Killie chairman has done and remind people 10 teams aren't just here to make up the numbers.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    We are too negative as a nation. It’s part of the reason the national team are so woeful. There’s more chance of them doing it with him spreading that belief throughout the club than if he didn’t. He probably knows deep down that it’s unlikely.

Just like every other team owner, trying to sell more season tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    As unlikely as it is it's quite nice to see someone come out and state they want to challenge for the title.

Every interview with someone connected to a club always seems to lead with 'we would love to finish 2nd'. That's probably just being realistic but I do sometimes wish someone would do what the Killie chairman has done and remind people 10 teams aren't just here to make up the numbers.
    I totally agree.

This is exactly what we need in Scotland.

They were in excellent form in the second half of last season - why not improve the team and kick on a level?

He could be wetting his pants about the prospects of getting a few thousand extra huns into Rugby Park a couple of times a season like 90% of club chairmen do/did.

It's about time we had a few people thinking a bit bigger.

And Celtic looked a lot more fragile when some wee teams got torn in about them - hopefully more will follow suit, although hopefully Sevco will continue to wilt and die when confronted with them.

Would be like Leicester winning the premier league probably better

Why not? Celtic will have a bad season eventually.

I remember a Scotland manager who said that we would win the World Cup and most of the nation believed it. How did that end?

Can't see Killie challenging for the top spot and if they manage to get in the top six again next season then they'll have done well. Can Kris Boyd score another twenty or so goals next season? It's a big ask.

Celtic will win the league again and a few clubs will be fighting for second. I expect one of those clubs to be Hibs. Hearts will be where they were this season having lost a good goalkeeper and by all accounts a 'Zibi' has replaced him.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

Agree completely. Realistic or not, the sound of ambition is always welcome.

@hibs.net private member Newcastlehibby's Avatar

He did not say that at all. What he actually said was - Asked if Kilmarnock could challenge, he said: "I would like to think so. We have to be modest. It would be great if we could do it next year."

And later - "We need to stay modest," he said. "The other teams out there have got to up the ante and raise their game. It will be very competitive next year but, ideally, we'll finish top six.

Have you ever thought about being a journalist for the DR?

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    If Clarke's points per game ratio was extended over the course of the whole season then they wouldn't have been too far off Celtic this season. Improving upon this season is hardly delusional.

I will stick my neck out and say it is delusional

Quote Originally Posted by Newcastlehibby View Post
    He did not say that at all. What he actually said was - Asked if Kilmarnock could challenge, he said: "I would like to think so. We have to be modest. It would be great if we could do it next year."

And later - "We need to stay modest," he said. "The other teams out there have got to up the ante and raise their game. It will be very competitive next year but, ideally, we'll finish top six.

Have you ever thought about being a journalist for the DR?

Maybe he Is? Gets all his info from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Agree completely. Realistic or not, the sound of ambition is always welcome.
    In the context if Scottish football it is nice just to have something other than abject defeatism.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    i am 100% until proved wrong, because it felt so bad at the time, & all the Auld boys at ER thereafter were having kittens, that the very 1st, cos even tho I was still young then, but the 1st to say “my team & every other team are not ever going to win the league again” was the adored on here “lexo” I was young, naive, shocked & disgusted to hear that about my team from our alleged “manager”!!! Prove me wrong, absolutely anybody! I hated having to read that negative crap every week about Hibs when I was young! But he was the very 1st outwith the 2 cheeks to throw in the towel himself, even tho the fans were naewhere near. As I said earlier, anyone, anywhere, prove to me that this websites beloved lexo was not 1st in Scotland to come out with that tripe! It was so effin radical, in so many wrong effin ways, but as usual the media at the time loved it! Less than nae time for mogadon & his defenders.
    Edit 1st to say nobody in Scotland except the then Auld squirm will ever win the league again because they are so far ahead on finances & everything else! I totally & utterly detest the man for doing that to me as a young Hibby. & he was the 1st Scottish manager to do so. Defend that!
    Last edited by majorhibs; 30-05-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Very well put PB. If every team set out with the ambition to be first not second i wonder what would happen.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    i am 100% until proved wrong, because it felt so bad at the time, & all the Auld boys at ER thereafter were having kittens, that the very 1st, cos even tho I was still young then, but the 1st to say “my team & every other team are not ever going to win the league again” was the adored on here “lexo” I was young, naive, shocked & disgusted to hear that about my team from our alleged “manager”!!! Prove me wrong, absolutely anybody! I hated having to read that negative crap every week about Hibs when I was young! But he was the very 1st outwith the 2 cheeks to throw in the towel himself, even tho the fans were naewhere near. As I said earlier, anyone, anywhere, prove to me that this websites beloved lexo was not 1st in Scotland to come out with that tripe! It was so effin radical, in so many wrong effin ways, but as usual the media at the time loved it! Less than nae time for mogadon & his defenders.
    Get over it and yerself

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Very well put PB. If every team set out with the ambition to be first not second i wonder what would happen.
    Celtic would win the league

First Team Breakthrough
    Edit 1st to say nobody in Scotland except the then Auld squirm will ever win the league again because they are so far ahead on finances & everything else! I totally & utterly detest the man for doing that to me as a young Hibby. & he was the 1st Scottish manager to do so. Defend that!
    ??? Is this a random word generator?

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Get over it and yerself
    Why, less than full wit, would I be trying to get over mogadon having recently witnessed Leicester? If you were anywhere near entertaining maybe I would want to get over you, but your a bit of an irrelevance, so as I’m in transit & bored, get over the 1st person in Scottish fitba, as a manager of a big club, in the 70’s, when a very big proportion of the support had not only been witness to the Famous 5 & early Euro thrillers, but a large proportion of that support, had been in & around the 2nd World war & I recall as a youngster on the terraces the absolute disbelief when yer “lexo” said Hibs would never again win the league because the gulf to the 2 cheeks had became too big. 1st Scottish manager to do so! Manager of Hibs! Prove me wrong, please.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Why, less than full wit, would I be trying to get over mogadon having recently witnessed Leicester? If you were anywhere near entertaining maybe I would want to get over you, but your a bit of an irrelevance, so as I’m in transit & bored, get over the 1st person in Scottish fitba, as a manager of a big club, in the 70’s, when a very big proportion of the support had not only been witness to the Famous 5 & early Euro thrillers, but a large proportion of that support, had been in & around the 2nd World war & I recall as a youngster on the terraces the absolute disbelief when yer “lexo” said Hibs would never again win the league because the gulf to the 2 cheeks had became too big. 1st Scottish manager to do so! Manager of Hibs! Prove me wrong, please.
    Henry Miller?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk