hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hibs Ladies

Coaching Staff

Hibs Ladies

Being plundered by Man Utd women's club, Willie Kirk apparently invoved in the recruitment.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Kenny1875's Avatar
    Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny HFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who cares
    Stupid comment. Any one supports Hibs should care - anything positive about Hibs is a good thing and the ladies team have been very good the last few years......

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Who cares
    Plenty people. The ladies game v Munich 2 years ago brought a couple thousand through the gate and the televised games (usually finals) always draw interest on here.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Me. Their success has reflected well in all things Hibernian. Another case of English TV money ruining Scottish football. In this case, the women’s game.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Coaching Staff
    Who cares
    Not you obviously.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Being plundered by Man Utd women's club, Willie Kirk apparently invoved in the recruitment.
    The way to stop this is to start paying big wages to our girls.

Maybe we could divert some money we've spent on season tickets towards this?

Or perhaps we could just let them be self funding, pay the girls from what they earn at the turnstile, sponsorship and from transfer fee's instead of being plundered like this?

Who cares
    Dear dear, someone must have had a rough day at work to come on and reply with that at 5.10pm on a friday.

What a pointless post.

First Team Regular
    I wondered why Lizzie arnot suddenly upped and left

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Who cares
    A lot of folk actually, which is why it's a Hibs article on a Hibs fan site.
    The women's team has done phenomenally well over a number of years, especially the last two or three and it's a damn shame if it's breaking up at the moment.
    I've thoroughly enjoyed watching their progress, & the development of the women's game in general.
    Cheap shots don't change any of that.
    GG

Joelle Murray was co-commentating on our game last night with sport sound. Her debut as far as I’m aware?

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Both Arnott & Smith recruited by Manchester United women. Two very good players that did really well here. Best of luck to the pair of them

First Team Breakthrough
    Who cares
    😂😂😂

First Team Breakthrough
    I take it Arnot and Smith will now be full time professionals?
    Not sure what sort of wages would be on offer at that level, pretty sure I heard that if you were English and playing in that league then you got a healthy wage but it was capped?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Who cares
    Trolling for Craik, ignore

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Does this mean Arnott will secure a Scotland spot?

Hope we get a good bloody transfer fee

Women's game in Scotland not developed enough domestically for them to get paid.
    Therefore can't blame them for heading somewhere they can make a living out playing football.
    They've served Hibs Ladies well so good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    The way to stop this is to start paying big wages to our girls.

Maybe we could divert some money we've spent on season tickets towards this?

Or perhaps we could just let them be self funding, pay the girls from what they earn at the turnstile, sponsorship and from transfer fee's instead of being plundered like this?
    The teams in England aren’t self funding either. But you know that you old fart. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Stupid comment. Any one supports Hibs should care - anything positive about Hibs is a good thing and the ladies team have been very good the last few years......
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by 0762 View Post
    Women's game in Scotland not developed enough domestically for them to get paid.
    Therefore can't blame them for heading somewhere they can make a living out playing football.
    They've served Hibs Ladies well so good luck to them.
    This is the crux of the matter. The women's game in Scotland is lightyears behind the English. Good luck to any woman looking to make a living from playing. England is the place for them to do that.

Remember Hibs hosted the first ever organised women’s game of football in world - back in 1881!!

Supporting the womens game is in our DNA!

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    The teams in England aren’t self funding either. But you know that you old fart. ��
    So we are up against clubs in England who are billionaires, and throwing money about left right and centre.

And to try and compete we will need even more money, in fact we will need even more money just to stand still.

Yet after all their success, they STILL get one woman and a dog watching them, why is this?

Any money diverted from our season tickets, is money that does not go towards the team i support.

I dont pay my money to fund womens football.

Good luck to Arnot and Smith with their new club, and I hope they have successful professional careers.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    So we are up against clubs in England who are billionaires, and throwing money about left right and centre.

And to try and compete we will need even more money, in fact we will need even more money just to stand still.

Yet after all their success, they STILL get one woman and a dog watching them, why is this?

Any money diverted from our season tickets, is money that does not go towards the team i support.

I dont pay my money to fund womens football.
    Your money didn't help us keep McGeouch when the third tier in English football decided to throw money about.

Your money has for several years been diverted to a youth team that wasn't producing players for the first team.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Think Brownlie will be away down south soon too.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Are there any transfer or development fees involved ?

Had to happen … I presume Glasgow City will end up having the same problem as Hibs ladies, so from that point of view our women's team might be able to take the hit and still stay competitive with their only real challengers.

There's utterly no chance that Scottish women's football will be able to match up to what they can afford down south … for clubs like Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and now Man United chucking between 20 and 30 grand a year for example at a female players contract is peanuts to them, for a Scottish club its unthinkable and that will never change.

Hibs will never fund our women's team from the clubs coffers and rightly so, it just wouldn't make any business sense because it would only work if we could recoup those wages from a transfer fee, and so far as I'm aware there are no transfer fees paid in the women's game. I do hope that the club continue to support the ladies team in every other way possible though.

Good luck to the girls leaving Hibs to go to Man United, what a dream it must be for them to become professional footballers

@hibs.net private member cheltenhamhibee's Avatar
    I was going to launch an appeal on here, I had heard a village had lost it's idiot, but all seems well now as he has appeared on here

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Good luck to Arnot and Smith with their new club, and I hope they have successful professional careers.

Your money didn't help us keep McGeouch when the third tier in English football decided to throw money about.

Your money has for several years been diverted to a youth team that wasn't producing players for the first team.
    Our season ticket money has helped bring through Scott Brown, Thompso, Whittaker, Fletcher, Riordan and O'connor, and this year Porteous and Shaw.

How many ladies will ever make it to the team that play in the SPFL?

Left by mutual consent!
    Bad news for Hibs Ladies who had a realistic chance of winning the league this year.

Scottish women's football should be seen as a stepping stone to full time football and its great news for these young women. Glasgow City have also had a few who have left for Germany and this will only strengthen the national team.