hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HSL on SKY Sports

Charlie Reid possibly on live at 9.30 ?

HSL

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Good interview with Charlie, gets the point across well and again good publicity.

The more fans see and hear about this the better.

Sky Sports coverage is a pretty big coup as well.

Great interview with it also being screened over the uk more good publicity for the club and HSL my only negative point is the reason it was on was to promote HSL but the camera angle didn't show the HSL logo but as I've said all good we must make the most of this feel good factor I've donated to the cause and I hope as many hibbys ( if they can afford it) as possible can donate even a small amount all money goes straight to the managers budget for players great idea let's do it if you can Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good interview with Charlie, gets the point across well and again good publicity.

Agreed and hopefully the link below will allow more to see it :

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...s-fans-backing

HSL

Good interview but made me suddenly feel very old....30 years since SOL was released!!

Quote Originally Posted by rossevenil View Post
    Good interview but made me suddenly feel very old....30 years since SOL was released!!
    Time waits for no man/woman, just another reason for not putting things off in life, in my humble, the time is right and now is the time for the Hibernian Football Club to continue on the upward trend.

It is. Pity the more local media aren't interested. Local paper for local people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    It is. Pity the more local media aren't interested. Local paper for local people.
    Our local paper is printed in Newcastle the night before I am led to believe, not much local about it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Our local paper is printed in Newcastle the night before I am led to believe, not much local about it at all.
    ...but it's still for local people though, mostly.

It was being printed somewhere on the west coast for a while when did it move to England?

...but it's still for local people though, mostly.

It was being printed somewhere on the west coast for a while when did it move to England?
    No sure but I did hear it was being printed in Newcastle, never read it myself.

Sky Sports coverage is a pretty big coup as well
    Agreed and it was great to see one of our own interviewing …. one of our own
    This is how it feels

Kato

Don't speak too soon. With a little luck tomorrows Evening News and tomorrows Scottish Sun.

Not sure if it was picked up well but we hope that supporters will consider Charlie's plea. Aberdeen are reporting that AberDNA ( their HSL ) have just raised half a million from 3000 supporters who have stepped up to the plate since 1st April 2018 to hand to Derek Mcinnes half a million pound to spend on securing/retaining players.

If supporters don't want or are not able to commit a regular amount to HSL please do remember the one off donation option. If 10,000 even donated just twenty pound we could hand Neil a huge help to support our ambitions.

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Kato

Don't speak too soon. With a little luck tomorrows Evening News and tomorrows Scottish Sun.

Not sure if it was picked up well but we hope that supporters will consider Charlie's plea. Aberdeen are reporting that AberDNA ( their HSL ) have just raised half a million from 3000 supporters who have stepped up to the plate since 1st April 2018 to hand to Derek Mcinnes half a million pound to spend on securing/retaining players.

If supporters don't want or are not able to commit a regular amount to HSL please do remember the one off donation option. If 10,000 even donated just twenty pound we could hand Neil a huge help to support our ambitions.

HSL

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Kato

HSL
    Half a million in less than 3 months? And we’ve raised little more than that in over three years??

what are they doing that we aren’t? We even get higher crowds than them ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post
    Half a million in less than 3 months? And we’ve raised little more than that in over three years??

A handful of very rich fans perhaps?

From the local shop

Local shop.jpg

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post

They must have some hefty "lump sum" investors, if you look at their monthly memberships, the top one is £18pm.

Even if all of the 3000 paid that, it amounts to £54,000 per month.... £162,000 in 3 months, so if they have raised half a million in 3 months, I'd be surprised.

https://www.afc.co.uk/aberdna/
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymac View Post
    They must have some hefty "lump sum" investors, if you look at their monthly memberships, the top one is £18pm.

Even if all of the 3000 paid that, it amounts to £54,000 per month.... £162,000 in 3 months, so if they have raised half a million in 3 months, I'd be surprised.

THIS...

Charlie Reid is in the evening news and makes for a good read. Delighted that at long last the Hibs fans are sitting up and listening to HSL, who have done a brilliant job when you consider the start they had. Let's do this and take our club to a level like never before.......
    GGTTH

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/charlie-reid-calls-for-hibs-fans-to-step-up-hsl-donations-1-4751813

HSL on SKY Sports

The Aberdeen scheme is different from ours I’m sure. Only about 10% of what they raise makes it to the club. The rest goes on membership benefits like discounts etc.
    With HSL, all the money goes to the football dept at Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s what you get with Aberdeen’s. It’s really nothing like HSL, more just a product the club sells.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Here’s what you get with Aberdeen’s. It’s really nothing like HSL, more just a product the club sells.

Still a great idea though, maybe something we should look at

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Billy

When we launched our new web site we introduced the concept of different donation benchmarks which would be measured in Francks. Donators can log into the Member area to see how many Francks they have. This is intended as a little fun and not to be taken too seriously. We are currently looking at a number of things that we can use to recognise these different contribution levels but as we said at the relaunch we want our "goodies" to be on the park. We don't see much point in spending £30 to attract a £40 contribution. We also have to be mindful of our Articles which require us to direct all funds to the Club. Having said this we would really welcome any suggestions in this area ?

HSL

Hibbymac

Perhaps worth making two observations here :

We suspect you may be right and that the stated total amount may have been enhanced by a couple of chunky one off donations from some wealthier Aberdeen supporters. While we have a number of very generous regular donators to HSL we are still trying to reach out to those who perhaps would be willing to contribute a sizable sum ( hope you are .Net followers ) ! It is also fair to say however that the FOH are very much based on small donations from the many, which let's be honest, we are hoping to get to.

It may be that they have "annualised" the figure. In other words, they have calculated what will come in over the next 12 months from the pledges made in the last month. Still means that Derek will have that at his disposal to spend on recruiting or retaining players.

Just a thought.

HSL

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    If it takes money away from HSL, I'd disagree.

Every £1 of HSL money goes to the Club. In a scheme like Aberdeen's, for every £1 contributed, 16p. goes to the VAT man.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Billy

When we launched our new web site we introduced the concept of different donation benchmarks which would be measured in Francks. Donators can log into the Member area to see how many Francks they have. This is intended as a little fun and not to be taken too seriously. We are currently looking at a number of things that we can use to recognise these different contribution levels but as we said at the relaunch we want our "goodies" to be on the park. We don't see much point in spending £30 to attract a £40 contribution. We also have to be mindful of our Articles which require us to direct all funds to the Club. Having said this we would really welcome any suggestions in this area ?

HSL
    Hi,
    I think a wee ‘exclusive’ pin badge or something would be a great idea. Something unique, discreet and hopefully not too expensive.
    I’m sure people on here could come up with some good designs.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    If it takes money away from HSL, I'd disagree.

Every £1 of HSL money goes to the Club. In a scheme like Aberdeen's, for every £1 contributed, 16p. goes to the VAT man.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Crops, I’m saying a membership scheme is something we should be looking at anyway, not to do with HSL. Anything that encourages spending with Hibs, is a plus for me

HSL - do you think you could do more to get people to your website that may then influence their decision to contribute?

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Hibbymac

Perhaps worth making two observations here :

We suspect you may be right and that the stated total amount may have been enhanced by a couple of chunky one off donations from some wealthier Aberdeen supporters. While we have a number of very generous regular donators to HSL we are still trying to reach out to those who perhaps would be willing to contribute a sizable sum ( hope you are .Net followers ) ! It is also fair to say however that the FOH are very much based on small donations from the many, which let's be honest, we are hoping to get to.

It may be that they have "annualised" the figure. In other words, they have calculated what will come in over the next 12 months from the pledges made in the last month. Still means that Derek will have that at his disposal to spend on recruiting or retaining players.

Just a thought.

HSL
    they will also be taking a hit on the various discounts being offered on season tickets and kits and the cost of putting on “special events” so while they are bringing in £500k in donations how much of that is actually going to end up on the pitch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    HSL - do you think you could do more to get people to your website that may then influence their decision to contribute?
    3pm

We are sure we could, and we are all ears. Can you help us ?

HSL

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Crops, I’m saying a membership scheme is something we should be looking at anyway, not to do with HSL. Anything that encourages spending with Hibs, is a plus for me
    A membership scheme would be VATable, too.

My point, clumsily put, is that if someone wants to give £10 to the Club, they should be encouraged to give it to HSL rather than directly, for the VAT reasons. Also, £10 towards buying something from the shop, for example, has a cost to the Club. £10 to HSL is pure profit.