hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Absolutely no question! Hibernian

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many SSC loyalty points are you on? ;)
    It’s still important to support the team 😉

Scotland

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    We've been to a cup final against hearts before, infact we've been to a couple of cup finals and we will be at more again in the future. A world cup final against England would be absolutely life changing, it would generate attention from all over the world, I don't think you understand how big it would be probably cause it will never ever happen ��.

Any way Scotland beating England at cricket will do for just now, which looks likely atm.
    I fully understand how big the game would be, but the fact still remains that I care about Hibs more than the Scotland team. Both events would happen regardless in the OP’s scenario, so all the ‘life changing’ stuff would still exist.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Because they don't want to somehow discredit their absolute Uber support of Hibs 😂.
    I’m not a patriotic person and my only affinity to the Scotland team comes based on the border I was born inside. That’s not enough to trump Hibs, the team I’ve followed every day since I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    I’m not a patriotic person and my only affinity to the Scotland team comes based on the border I was born inside. That’s not enough to trump Hibs, the team I’ve followed every day since I was a kid.
    The Hibs team would be weakened anyway because half the team will be playing for scotland 😀.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Scotland.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by villahibs View Post
    How's that then? Obviously when Scotland play I want them to win, but if they don't then.... I'll be over it before the post match interviews!
    For me internationals are an unwelcome distraction. I hate not going to a Hibs game on a Saturday because Scotland are away to Malta.
    I've also never been able to attend a derby, passionately despise guys like Levein, McKay, Berra etc. Then want them to do well for Scotland a few days later 😂. Might sound a bit pathetic but that's just how it is with me.
    If you read my post you will see my point.

I’m club before country as well but the folk my post was aimed at was the ones saying they would choose Hibs v Motherwell rather than Scotland in a WC Final

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    I can't believe how many people are getting so upset by the fact that some of us would choose Hibs (v anybody) over Scotland (v anybody). I always want Scotland to win but that's about where my interest ends. Doesn't make me any more of an 'uber' Hibs supporter than it makes you an 'uber' Scotland supporter. By the same principle, I hate rugby but would still always want Scotland to win if they're playing; I just have little interest beyond that. Sorry, like 😏

Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    I can't believe how many people are getting so upset by the fact that some of us would choose Hibs (v anybody) over Scotland (v anybody). I always want Scotland to win but that's about where my interest ends. Doesn't make me any more of an 'uber' Hibs supporter than it makes you an 'uber' Scotland supporter. By the same principle, I hate rugby but would still always want Scotland to win if they're playing; I just have little interest beyond that. Sorry, like 😏
    I wouldn’t call any of the responses “upset” but you would believe it if you knew how these monthly threads usually pan out.

Would love to see Scotland win the world cup, just don't think I could bring myself to mixing with the be-kilted Timberland boots brigade.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    If you read my post you will see my point.

I’m club before country as well but the folk my post was aimed at was the ones saying they would choose Hibs v Motherwell rather than Scotland in a WC Final
    Yip... still rather beat Motherwell 😂

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    England.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I'd rather Hibs win our upcoming friendly Vs Berwick rangers than Scotland win a world cup. Hibs always first

One of the dafter threads I've seen, but Hibs always come first!!

I obviously want Scotland to win every game they play and want them to do well but as long as hibs win on a Saturday I couldn't care less about any other football score

Scotland vs Hibs

I’m always normally Hibs over Scotland but if it’s a World Cup final then it would be Scotland.

I think people have forgotten the excitement of Scotland actually being in the finals. Imagine them progressing - Qtr Final, Semi final etc. By the time they got to the final the whole nation would be gripped. Even those that claim to have no interest in the national team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Albert of Kidd View Post
    I’m always normally Hibs over Scotland but if it’s a World Cup final then it would be Scotland.

I think people have forgotten the excitement of Scotland actually being in the finals. Imagine them progressing - Qtr Final, Semi final etc. By the time they got to the final the whole nation would be gripped. Even those that claim to have no interest in the national team.
    Exactly. I even almost got excited when Scotland got the the RUGBY world cup semis!

Always Hibs.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Always Hibs first....
    not even a choice for me...

ggtth

Hibs u20's

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I'd rather Hibs win our upcoming friendly Vs Berwick rangers than Scotland win a world cup. Hibs always first
    Aye ok then.

Hibs. There's a much better common spirit than there is in Scotland. Sadly, supporting Scotland is now too political for me to get any enjoyment from.
    Last edited by heidtheba; 11-06-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Whichever game Lewis was playing in

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Hibs first. Not close.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Easily Scotland over Hibs, though hopefully it wouldn't be at a Hampden with an athletics track. For me I'm not that hardcore a fan. I watch stuff outside of Scotland almost as much.

Also I mean, Scotland have never won the World Cup and we won the Scottish Cup fairly recently so priority seems easy. There'd also be a slight political angle and with my pro-independence leanings victory would probably taste sweeter.
    Last edited by RecobasUncle; 11-06-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Albert of Kidd View Post

100% this.

When we almost qualified for Euro 2008, the whole country was absolutely gripped for that Italy game....it would be off the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by RecobasUncle View Post
    .....There'd also be a slight political angle and with my pro-independence leanings victory would probably taste sweeter.
    Genuine question from an Englishman. Why might a Scottish victory taste better to a Scottish separatist than it would to a proud Scot who is also happy to remain part of the UK?
    I ask this because I don't feel that my Englishness is in any way diluted by my country being in a partnership with other countries who we are lucky to share borders with. Sorry if this derails the thread somewhat.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Hibs game on in the front room with the Scotland game on in the bedroom.

I think what is happening in England today gives you a small indication of what might happen if Scotland ever got this far in the WC. It would be utter madness, carnage, chaos the streets would be a sea of drunken hyper bams.

I really don't think you can imagine what it would be like across the whole country.

If Hibs were in a final on the same day i am not even sure it would get a mention on radio / t v and you would struggle to book buses pubs etc for travel pre match drinks. The country would come to a stand still for a short period of time.