hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Identity fraud - of sorts

Needing some advice folks.

A very good good colleague of mine has discovered that's she's literally been shafted by an ex. She applied for credit for a new car and was refused. I helped her get her credit file and she was in tears at no less than 6 defaults - none of which she was aware of or she had taken out.

We have contacted all six of them. Essentially her ex took out credit in her name and pretty much instantly bumped it. Upon examining all the facts, the first three lenders acknowledged the discrepancy and agreed to delete the defaults. We are still waiting on one reply from one.

O2 - bloody 02 want to hear nothing. Any ideas what to do? Police Scotland also want nothing to do with it as she hasn't lost any 'monetary value' as they put it.

Staggering to to think the first three contacted were so helpful and O2 are the opposite.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Make your concerns more public?

These companies hate bad publicity.

Airing the concerns on twitter, Facebook etc will often yield results.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Make your concerns more public?

These companies hate bad publicity.

Airing the concerns on twitter, Facebook etc will often yield results.
    That might not be a bad idea to be fair.

Set more info this morning via email, hopefully that helps.

Find the email address for CEO and make polite contact explaining the issue and ask for his/her assistance in seeking a resolution.

If no joy then go the social media route making everything as public as possible, remembering to tag the company accounts.

Left by mutual consent!
    Phone companies are bassas when it comes to this sort of thing, I once read they don't have to follow the same procedure as other credit type companies and just slap a default on someone when they want (maybe not literally when they want but you get the idea).

I'd agree to use social media on this one, it's the one area they soil themselves when faced with complaints etc.

Police are hopeless.It's clearly fraud to take out credit in someone else's name.Two frauds in fact-one on the lender and one on the other person.