hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rugby

Edinburgh have a great chance of beating Munster at home but can't see Glasgow getting a win at allianz.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GIRUY alert

Am I correct that it was the English and French rugby authorities who forced the changes to rugby's elite European competition. These were designed to increase the number of their teams participating in the competition thereby increasing their chances to win it.

For the current competition, it looks like in the Quarter Finals there will be:

1 English team out of 7 who qualified to the group stage
    2 French teams out of 6 ditto
    3 Irish teams our of 3 ditto
    0 Welsh teams out of 2 ditto
    2 Scottish teams out of 2 ditto

That worked out well for the English and teams rugby authorities - GIRUY guys
    as per the norm in sport nowadays it's down to finance, i don't think Scotland could support 3 top flight teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Edinburgh at home to Munster and Glasgow away (again) to Saracens.

Tough ties - if it goes how we hope it’ll be Glasgow v Edinburgh in the semi...

Glasgow don't stand a chance away to Saracens imo, Edinburgh should get a 20,000+ attendance for the game v Munster surely, a huge incentive for both Scottish clubs as well with the final getting played at Parkhead
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 22-01-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Glasgow don't stand a chance away to Saracens imo, Edinburgh should get a 20,000+ attendance for the game v Munster surely, a huge incentive for both Scottish clubs as well with the Pro 14 final getting played at Parkhead
    I agree - I hope they manage but canít see it. They were good in spells at the weekend down there so you never know.

I think Edinburgh will get over 20k, even bigger if Scotland have a good six nations.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Really looking forward to the Six Nations this year. It will be closely contested with the Irish probably starting as pre tournament favourites. It's a pity the Scottish squad has been decimated with injuries but hopefully they perform well and can win a game away from Murrayfield for a change!

I've just settled down for the opening fixture with a generous dram and a large packet of Kettle crisps.

Can't wait!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'm heading to Scotstoun tonight for the Warriors game v Ulster. It's a sell out crowd and I'm really looking forward to it. There's always a great atmosphere in the stadium and tonight will be no different. 'Mon you Warriors!