hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 52 of 52
  1. #31
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    8,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Russell Latapy
    He was with falkirk in 2006.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does Jamie McLaren actually count? I'm assuming his loan deal expired at the end of May so he's not going to the world cup as a Hibs player
    Once a hibee......

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once a hibee......
    Tell that to Colin Stein .. or Andy Goram.

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mark Caughey 86 world cup. Kenny Waugh flew half way round the world to sign him. As you say a total disappointment. He was pish
    Below is a link to a really good interview with Caughey from 4 years ago.
    In it he is very honest about his abilities, admitting that he wasn't quite good enough to do well in the top league.
    It is also a great account of how difficult it is to make it in game the full time.
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...-30390113.html

  6. #35
    Coaching Staff jgl07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Merchiston
    Posts
    6,823
    De La Cruz played for Equador.

  7. #36
    Testimonial Due Baader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London and Edinburgh
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,193
    Mark Caughey was in NIs 86 squad but didnt play or even make the bench.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lytham St Annes
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,781
    How far was Joe Baker off playing for England in a world cup whilst still at Hibs?

  9. #38
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Singapre/Philippines
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went to see Scotland v Brazil in 1990 with Roy Barry.

    Does that count?
    He was my landlord. Always paid my rent on time.

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Prescott, AZ USA
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Below is a link to a really good interview with Caughey from 4 years ago.
    In it he is very honest about his abilities, admitting that he wasn't quite good enough to do well in the top league.
    It is also a great account of how difficult it is to make it in game the full time.
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...-30390113.html
    Interesting, thanks for posting.

  11. #40
    Coaching Staff brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,883
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How far was Joe Baker off playing for England in a world cup whilst still at Hibs?
    Joe made the original squad of 40 for the 1966 WC but didn't make the final cut. Can't remember who won that year!

  12. #41
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    25,052
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Below is a link to a really good interview with Caughey from 4 years ago.
    In it he is very honest about his abilities, admitting that he wasn't quite good enough to do well in the top league.
    It is also a great account of how difficult it is to make it in game the full time.
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...-30390113.html
    Good interview that must have been difficult for him to settle but great idea for him to be living above a pub. Was limited from what I remember of his time at Hibs. Didn't sound like he was prepared to really buckle down and get the best out of himself if liking a pint too much.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,485
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was my landlord. Always paid my rent on time.


    I bet you did!

    He now hosts the hospitality at Dunfermline FC.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  14. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How far was Joe Baker off playing for England in a world cup whilst still at Hibs?
    Nowhere nearHe left in 1961.

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IIRC he is listed as a Darmstadt player.

    J
    The squad list I saw had him listed as a Hibs player which I thought was strange since he isnít our player.

  16. #45
    Testimonial Due hibby6270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Leith, Edinburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nowhere nearHe left in 1961.
    Aye - but once a Hibee, always a Hibee - as has been said previously.

    Never better demonstrated by him kissing the turf at ER during the Hands Off Hibs rally.
    A true Hibs legend.

  17. #46
    I was answering a post about him playing in a World Cup tie while at Hibs.

  18. #47
    I think the last Hibs player to play for Scotland in the World Cup would have been Sloop John Blackley in 1974.

  19. #48
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,267
    Alan Rough.

  20. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alan Rough.
    Was at Partick whilst at 78 and 82 World Cups, joined Hibs in November 82.

  21. #50
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,267
    What about Hearts players at World Cups?

    There aren't any! Ha Ha!

  22. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Below is a link to a really good interview with Caughey from 4 years ago.
    In it he is very honest about his abilities, admitting that he wasn't quite good enough to do well in the top league.
    It is also a great account of how difficult it is to make it in game the full time.
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...-30390113.html
    An interesting interview.
    In truth, not only was he not up to standard, but as an out and out Hun he was always unlikely to fit in at Hibs.

  23. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about Hearts players at World Cups?

    There aren't any! Ha Ha!
    Jimmy Murray,good player scored in 1958.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved