hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A membership scheme would be VATable, too.

My point, clumsily put, is that if someone wants to give £10 to the Club, they should be encouraged to give it to HSL rather than directly, for the VAT reasons. Also, £10 towards buying something from the shop, for example, has a cost to the Club. £10 to HSL is pure profit.
    Agree that’s fine, but kids etc can’t join HSL, so we need something else to boost spending across the board of products we offer, which is another subject.

Sorry to ambush the HSL thread!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    they will also be taking a hit on the various discounts being offered on season tickets and kits and the cost of putting on “special events” so while they are bringing in £500k in donations how much of that is actually going to end up on the pitch as well.
    Absolutely. When it come to getting money into the playing budget HSL beats the Aberdeen and the yams scheme hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    3pm

We are sure we could, and we are all ears. Can you help us ?

HSL
    Thanks for the reply.

Maybe something like more interviews with players, some sort of counter that shows how many people are contributing, put a target v progress thing up.

I am sure there will be other ideas too.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Agree that’s fine, but kids etc can’t join HSL, so we need something else to boost spending across the board of products we offer, which is another subject.

Sorry to ambush the HSL thread!
    Billy Whizz

Just to make you and others aware that children are more than welcome to join HSL. We already have many younger Members. Once they are 16 they can vote just like any other Member. Not sure what you meant by "etc" but we also have Companies who have joined/donated. Whatever ever else you think we need to attract others to HSL we will try our best to deliver.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    It is. Pity the more local media aren't interested. Local paper for local people.
    In this instance more than happy with the exposure to be gained on a broader basis via Sky. GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by GMD View Post
    Hi,
    I think a wee ‘exclusive’ pin badge or something would be a great idea. Something unique, discreet and hopefully not too expensive.
    I’m sure people on here could come up with some good designs.
    GMD

Thank you for this great idea. The more suggestions the better. Others have suggested an HSL scarf, draw in a lottery for special things at the Stadium, a virtual pitch sale.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by banarc7062 View Post
    In this instance more than happy with the exposure to be gained on a broader basis via Sky. GGTTH
    banarc7062

Delighted to report that we have now gained over 40 new donators since the Sky interview. Interestingly, a number from our fellow Hibees based in England. Thank you for your support from afar.

Please keep spreading the word by forwarding on the video either by email or social media.

HSL

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    What about getting the Proclaimers to hold a concert at Easter rd and donate the revenue to HSL ?

banarc7062

Delighted to report that we have now gained over 40 new donators since the Sky interview. Interestingly, a number from our fellow Hibees based in England. Thank you for your support from afar.

Please keep spreading the word by forwarding on the video either by email or social media.

HSL
    Good news. It shows the balance between getting the national press on board and the local press.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    charlie's appearance just prompted me to sign up for ten quid a month, hope it had a similar effect on others!!!!!

The Evening News is sometimes underrated but things like that shows it helps. Same with Sky, they get pelters but you never see BT do thinks like this.

Just a simple plea from a fellow hibby to all hibbys out there if you can afford even a small donation please do it let's keep this feel good factor going and take it forward so we can give our manager and the back room staff all the help they need let's do it cheers in advance Ggtth

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    From the local shop

Attachment 20875
    Great minds...

@hibs.net private member
    Could the Proclaimers release a special edition of Sunshine on Leith incorporating the fans from the cup final. Any funds raised could go towards HSL funds.

Just reading the bit in the EEN about this and there is something about it that doesn’t sit right with me.

HSL is painted as something that simply boosts the transfer kitty, which of course it does in the short term. However, the overall objective is far greater than that as the money, ultimately, is buying shares in the club.

That share/ownership side of things isn’t mentioned at all (by Charlie) and I feel that is a bit lost in all of this. I’ve posted before that I still don’t believe that side of it is properly understood. I’m not sure people really know what it means or what happens when we get to that level. Or perhaps it shows a lack of appetite for it in the wider support?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Just reading the bit in the EEN about this and there is something about it that doesn’t sit right with me.

HSL is painted as something that simply boosts the transfer kitty, which of course it does in the short term. However, the overall objective is far greater than that as the money, ultimately, is buying shares in the club.

That share/ownership side of things isn’t mentioned at all (by Charlie) and I feel that is a bit lost in all of this. I’ve posted before that I still don’t believe that side of it is properly understood. I’m not sure people really know what it means or what happens when we get to that level. Or perhaps it shows a lack of appetite for it in the wider support?
    I kind of agree in so much fan ownership does not register high on my agenda, even though I'm a monthly contributer. Maybe if/when HSL get enough of a percentage to get a seat on the board, then the ownership issue becomes the real focal point?

Quote Originally Posted by DavieRoy View Post
    The Evening News is sometimes underrated but things like that shows it helps. Same with Sky, they get pelters but you never see BT do thinks like this.

DavieRoy

Couldn't agree more. We are very grateful to Sky Sports and the EEN for supporting us with coverage. The good news is that we have just hit our 51st new donator since this story was covered and we have set ourselves a target of 100 over the whole weekend. So tomorrow, only 49 to go !

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Could the Proclaimers release a special edition of Sunshine on Leith incorporating the fans from the cup final. Any funds raised could go towards HSL funds.

That would be good.

What about a couple of gigs with the proceeds going to HSL?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Absolutely. When it come to getting money into the playing budget HSL beats the Aberdeen and the yams scheme hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ozyhibby

We share your view.
    As you may have read elsewhere we are really looking to attract many new donators this weekend to help Neil and the team. Our target was 100 and so far we have 51. Would be great if you could spread the word. Make today the day you attract a fellow supporter to HSL.
    Join here www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk
    HSL

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    charlie's appearance just prompted me to sign up for ten quid a month, hope it had a similar effect on others!!!!!

It has, and just to give an update we have had another 10 new donators this morning, 39 to go. Please keep spreading the word and help us get to that magic 100. Can we once again remind everyone that even if you still don't want to commit to a regular donation the option to make a one off donation is there. We have many supporters who have looked back at last season and feel their Season Ticket was the best value ticket for many years and just wanted to add £15/£25 to the Club as a thank you for a great value season. It all helps the Football budget going forward.

HSL

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Must admit I don't know for certain where the money goes but I didn't hesitate in contributing as I know it can only benefit Hibs however it's channeled.

If Neil Lennon and the players have signed up to it then that's good enough for me to do likewise.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    What is the average donation?

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    No sure but I did hear it was being printed in Newcastle, never read it myself.
    Good man!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Must admit I don't know for certain where the money goes but I didn't hesitate in contributing as I know it can only benefit Hibs however it's channeled.

If Neil Lennon and the players have signed up to it then that's good enough for me to do likewise.
    Pedantic Hibee

All funds go to the Football Department. We are now at 68. We need a super effort in the last few hours to get to 100. Spread the word.

HSL

First Team Breakthrough Cheshire Hibby's Avatar
    Now at 69. C'mon fellow Hibees who are able to. Join up.

HSL

Did you get to the 100 sign ups that you hoped to reach last night?

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHibby93 View Post
    HSL

Did you get to the 100 sign ups that you hoped to reach last night?

GGTTH
    HappyHibby

We didn't quite make it but we got to 78 which was a fantastic effort. We have had a lot of feedback to suggest that Charlies interview really struck a chord with many. It would seem many supporters are beginning to see what a difference we cam make by helping to get more funds into the Club. We keep hearing calls for the Board to give the Manager more money but they can only give him the money that they have. What we can do is give the Board more money.

HSL

HappyHibby

We didn't quite make it but we got to 78 which was a fantastic effort. We have had a lot of feedback to suggest that Charlies interview really struck a chord with many. It would seem many supporters are beginning to see what a difference we cam make by helping to get more funds into the Club. We keep hearing calls for the Board to give the Manager more money but they can only give him the money that they have. What we can do is give the Board more money.

HSL
    78 is great effort though. Lets hope we can pick up 50 or so per week going forward.

Official HSL. You are no doubt aware of the trend away from websites in recent years? Although you have 1666 likes on Facebook as of today you need to aim for 5000 or 10000. Add multiple admins as reporters, create articles on mass funding and supporter ownership and stimulate a major social media campaign this summer.

Happy to offer further advice / support / volunteering behind the scenes.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Official HSL. You are no doubt aware of the trend away from websites in recent years? Although you have 1666 likes on Facebook as of today you need to aim for 5000 or 10000. Add multiple admins as reporters, create articles on mass funding and supporter ownership and stimulate a major social media campaign this summer.

Happy to offer further advice / support / volunteering behind the scenes.
    I'm guessing that you have professional experience in this field.

If so, Official HSL should bite your hand off.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!