• Losing semi-finalist versus Russia/Croatia

34 29.57%
  • Losing quarter finalist versus Sweden/Swiss

20 17.39%
  • Losing in last 16 versus Columbia

13 11.30%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

So how far will England get in WC 2018?

It's getting to that exciting stage for England. As the media have stated, it's opened up for England to get to the final for a team who hasn't won a knock-out game at the World Cup since 2006, beating Ecuador 1-0. It's also opened up for five other teams in England's half of the draw.

So how far will they get? Obviously, we all have our hopes on what happens next, but what do you think will happen next?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's getting to that exciting stage for England. As the media have stated, it's opened up for England to get to the final for a team who hasn't won a knock-out game at the World Cup since 2006, beating Ecuador 1-0. It's also opened up for five other teams in England's half of the draw.

So how far will they get? Obviously, we all have our hopes on what happens next, but what do you think will happen next?
    Now living in England...Everyone seems to think its already won.
    Its going tobe interesting..thats for sure.

In fairness though...Even Scotland would of qualified from that group.
    Now they have a test.
    Loving how the media simply dont learn there lesson eachtime either. :)

If the worst case scenario happens...ill win a grand,always best to back the nightmare situation.

Cant see it though!

Brazil to win the WC!

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    I don't think anyone can dispute the fact that every game from here on in is winnable for England. Whether they do our not is another matter! Nobody seems to be taking Switzerland or Sweden seriously, if they get through the Colombia game I can see them going out v the winner of that one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Todays BBC Breakfast 6 am to 6.25 am, 3 sections and 2 reports on England game, a total of 10 minutes.
    Tonight I will watch the game in pub with some English friends, avoiding the usual crap on TV.
    This World Cup has been great, still see Brazil as favourites, England get through tonight and they could make the final.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    its their best chance to win it in a long time, I think they will get to the Semi and Croatia will put them out.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I think they’ll lose to Colombia tonight.

Failing that I reckon the semis, ultimately though I think the winner will come from the other half of the draw.

The draw has certainly opened up for them.

Do they not owe the Russians a favour for their linesman’s help in 66!!?

Seriously, they have a young talented team and Southgate seems level headed and calm.

They have a good chance of going far. Trouble is it will raise expectations for the Euros and the gits in the Englsh media will start to get on their backs then.

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    I don't think anyone can dispute the fact that every game from here on in is winnable for England. Whether they do our not is another matter! Nobody seems to be taking Switzerland or Sweden seriously, if they get through the Colombia game I can see them going out v the winner of that one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    They could easily (and more or less equally) win or lose against anyone in their half of the draw. If they did get to the final they'd be underdogs but (as we know) every underdog has its day.

Statistically speaking, if you consider all their possible remaining games as 50/50, then they have a 6.25% chance of winning the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    The draw has certainly opened up for them.

Do they not owe the Russians a favour for their linesman’s help in 66!!?

Seriously, they have a young talented team and Southgate seems level headed and calm.

They have a good chance of going far. Trouble is it will raise expectations for the Euros and the gits in the Englsh media will start to get on their backs then.
    He was actually from Azerbaijan.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    its their best chance to win it in a long time, I think they will get to the Semi and Croatia will put them out.
    With you on that thought.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I can’t really see us winning it, I think the winners will come from France, Brazil or Belgium.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Failing that I reckon the semis, ultimately though I think the winner will come from the other half of the draw.
    I agree although I’m telling myself Colombia can go all the way! Actually have a hunch Colombia will end up winning relatively comfortably tonight but that’s hunches for you!

Exciting times for England and their fans, no doubt. First big test coming up and looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

If they get past Columbia there’s a good chance of them going all the way to the final.

Definitely the better half of the draw.

I honestly think they'll lose tonight.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I honestly think they'll lose tonight.
    I dishonestly think they might.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    I can’t really see us winning it, I think the winners will come from France, Brazil or Belgium.
    I'm going todisagree with you & suggest they have goodish chance of going all the way.
    Last edited by Lago; 04-07-2018 at 12:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I'm going to diadisag with you & suggest they have goodish chance of going all the way.
    I hope you are right.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post

Now they have a test.

If the worst case scenario happens...ill win a grand,always best to back the nightmare situation.

Cant see it though!

Brazil to win the WC!
    Not a chance.
    Last edited by G B Young; 03-07-2018 at 05:17 PM.

IF they win tonight, they'll make the final.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Lol. Hedging our bets are we?

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Not a chance.
    There it is!

When's the parade?

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They may get past Sweden but in reality and after the Columbia game, England are not good enough. Got extremely lucky against Columbia but do not not deserve their place thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post

Now they have a test.

Cant see it though!

Brazil to win the WC!
    So many in Scotland talk of England being delusional, but to state that Scotland would have qualified from the same world cup group as England is laughable, especially when Scotland did not even qualify for the world cup full stop. Your attempt to belittle England's achievements is par for the course from one with a huge anti-English chip on his shoulders. I'm a Scot and I really do cringe at the statements of some of my fellow countrymen and women.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    They may get past Sweden but in reality and after the Columbia game, England are not good enough. Got extremely lucky against Columbia but do not not deserve their place thus far.
    If you keep stating that England are not good enough, then eventually they will get beaten and you will be one of the first to smugly and satisfyingly say "I told you so". How sad and pathetic that is.
    Is it so hard to accept and respect and compliment, even, an England team that romped their qualifying pre-world cup group, comfortably negotiated their world cup final group (even putting out a reserve side against Belgium) and have successfully made their way to the quarter finals of the greatest tournament on the planet? They fully deserved that victory against Colombia and their cynical tactics.
    You are, I suspect, one of those Scots who supports any team that England plays, such is your hatred and contempt for our British neighbours.
    I, on the other hand, as a Scot, want to see England crowned world champions as it raises the British profile and hammers home to the world that we Brits are winners, especially during this Brexit-negotiations period in our history when so many doubters and cynics from both home and abroad want to belittle us and put us down.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 04-07-2018 at 02:21 AM.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    If you keep stating that England are not good enough, then eventually they will get beaten and you will be one of the first to smugly and satisfyingly say "I told you so". How sad and pathetic that is.
    Is it so hard to accept and respect and compliment, even, an England team that romped their qualifying pre-world cup group, comfortably negotiated their world cup final group (even putting out a reserve side against Belgium) and have successfully made their way to the quarter finals of the greatest tournament on the planet? They fully deserved that victory against Colombia and their cynical tactics.
    You are, I suspect, one of those Scots who supports any team that England plays, such is your hatred and contempt for our British neighbours.
    I, on the other hand, as a Scot, want to see England crowned world champions as it raises the British profile and hammers home to the world that we Brits are winners, especially during this Brexit-negotiations period in our history when so many doubters and cynics from both home and abroad want to belittle us and put us down.
    Wow, that’s a huge amount to extrapolate from people simply wanting the English FOOTBALL team to lose. Get a grip.

Also, Belgium too put out a reserve side. Granted, you can only beat what’s in front of you, but England have barely scraped past Colombia and Tunisia, with Panama being their only real moment of comfort.

Maybe they’ll up tbeir game for the bigger teams, but I can’t see it. Semi finals is still a pretty good achievement though.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is only one set of supporters who have this mentality. England will fare badly against a quality team. You can rant on whichever way you want however, they are simply not good enough to win the World Cup.
    Last edited by MrSmith; 04-07-2018 at 04:50 AM.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    😂😂😂😂

Left by mutual consent!
    So many in Scotland talk of England being delusional, but to state that Scotland would have qualified from the same world cup group as England is laughable, especially when Scotland did not even qualify for the world cup full stop. Your attempt to belittle England's achievements is par for the course from one with a huge anti-English chip on his shoulders. I'm a Scot and I really do cringe at the statements of some of my fellow countrymen and women.
    Saying that Tunisia and Panama would beat Scotland....Is more laughable.