hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty sure the original quote (loosley) was that our money would be "ring fenced for the manager to put towards Sporting Ambition"

That covers a few things, but in my mind... All good.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ambition. That was the word. Thanks.

I remember at the time thinking that it was a bit non-specific, and open to being criticised by the Ponzi wiseguys. But I'm pretty sure most of us have confidence in the current regime to use it appropriately.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    There have been a few posts suggesting that fans want the money solely for player budget (which seems to be directly related to player acquisition). I wasn't replying to the post (or your post) suggesting either of you had done it. I'm just furthering the discussion on the psychologist thing with Porteous. George Craig did definitely indicate that HSL had helped with that matter but whether it was HSL helped to free up some internal funds or HSL money was spent directly on that, I have no idea.

I agree with your point, that is why I replied to the posts before. Player acquisition seems to be people's focus and at no point have we heard from HSL "this money will go straight to player acquisition". A budget for playing staff is wide-ranging for me, I'm happy for my money to go towards that if it means Porteous goes onto become a top player etc. You definitely have highlighted a valid point though, people do think all the money we are raising is going to signing players (don't entirely blame them for getting fixated on that at the moment though because it has been very quiet on that front!)
    Apologies I came on a bit too strong in my last post which was wrong.

I thought it was worth raising the question in case I had totally missed the point (the subsequent posts to the one I made where I asked the question would suggest that I haven't though).

Some people on here do seem to be under the impression that funds raised through HSL are going solely towards player recruitment and there doesn't seem to be too many people trying to correct them. I just thought it was worth raising the issue.

Like I said originally though I'm personally quite comfortable with the idea that Hibs use the funds as they wish. I'm sure the majority of it will go to the manager anyway but if they find other uses for it which is going to aid our existing members of the playing staff then so be it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Can you afford not to ?

All cash raised goes straight to the manager’s fund to help get the players we need at Hibernian to take us onward to the next stage, it may even help to keep some of our favourite players at Easter Road a little bit longer.

Your help as a supporter can go a long way to making this possible.

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

HSL
    (courtesy of A Hi-Bee)
    Right, that's me signed up. £10 per month = £520 worth of cat food donated annually. I demand Kamberi and Griffiths for this...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Right, that's me signed up. £10 per month = £520 worth of cat food donated annually. I demand Kamberi and Griffiths for this...
    I demand you check your arithmetic...

Thats fantastic Cat and I am sure the cat will understand.

Are you putting in a £400 lump sum first?

Blog Entries
    £120 on mouse traps = ..........?

Thats me signed up now,don`t get to many games these days so feel the need to contribute and do my bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rossevenil View Post
    Thats me signed up now,don`t get to many games these days so feel the need to contribute and do my bit.
    Well done fellow Hibby it can only help our team to continue upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Apologies I came on a bit too strong in my last post which was wrong.

I thought it was worth raising the question in case I had totally missed the point (the subsequent posts to the one I made where I asked the question would suggest that I haven't though).

Some people on here do seem to be under the impression that funds raised through HSL are going solely towards player recruitment and there doesn't seem to be too many people trying to correct them. I just thought it was worth raising the issue.

Like I said originally though I'm personally quite comfortable with the idea that Hibs use the funds as they wish. I'm sure the majority of it will go to the manager anyway but if they find other uses for it which is going to aid our existing members of the playing staff then so be it.
    Sir David and others

I hope you don't mind if I pop in here to help clarify a couple of points.

The psychologist story has grown a little. I shared a platform with George Craig a few weeks back in the Gallery area at the Stadium. He was helping us promote the benefits of HSL to guests in the Hospitality area. George, as only he can do, shared with the audience a story about Ryan and how well he had performed at Ibrox. He mentioned how pleased he was with how well the Club had prepared him for this experience. In the passing, he commented that he might ask Leeann if we had the budget to support the benefits of a sports psychologist to help better prepare the players. Now I am sure supporters will have various opinions on such matters, as they do on many other aspects of our Football Department. Whether this happens or not is irrelevant. From the outset it was made clear that donations from HSL would be used to fund our "sporting ambition". We have tended to use more straightforward language such as our Football Department. Leeann has confirmed on many occasions this is exactly where the money goes. We send our donations to the Club and Leeann, George and Neil decide how best to use those funds in our Football Department. Not heating,lighting,infrastructure,mortgages, existing shareholders. We as a collective may have an ownership position in the Club, I am not aware of anyone seeking fan control. It is for the Club executive to make those decisions.

I think we only have to look at the product on the park compared to what it was three years ago to consider if our donations are being spent well in the Football Department.

Jim Adie
    HSL

I used to donate £18.75 a month, I was buying two season tickets as well , I stopped the hsl as money was getting tight , I noticed this thread give £10 etc ,
    Decided to donate £10 a month,
    when the process and there was a problem because the email address was already registered
    contact support done this on Wednesday and I still haven’t had a reply

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie-bee View Post
    I used to donate £18.75 a month, I was buying two season tickets as well , I stopped the hsl as money was getting tight , I noticed this thread give £10 etc ,
    when the process and there was a problem because the email address was already registered
    I may be wrong but you should be able to login to the website. You may need to do a password reset to get you going again. Not sure as I'm not directly involved but pretty sure this is the case!

Sir David and others

I hope you don't mind if I pop in here to help clarify a couple of points.

The psychologist story has grown a little. I shared a platform with George Craig a few weeks back in the Gallery area at the Stadium. He was helping us promote the benefits of HSL to guests in the Hospitality area. George, as only he can do, shared with the audience a story about Ryan and how well he had performed at Ibrox. He mentioned how pleased he was with how well the Club had prepared him for this experience. In the passing, he commented that he might ask Leeann if we had the budget to support the benefits of a sports psychologist to help better prepare the players. Now I am sure supporters will have various opinions on such matters, as they do on many other aspects of our Football Department. Whether this happens or not is irrelevant. From the outset it was made clear that donations from HSL would be used to fund our "sporting ambition". We have tended to use more straightforward language such as our Football Department. Leeann has confirmed on many occasions this is exactly where the money goes. We send our donations to the Club and Leeann, George and Neil decide how best to use those funds in our Football Department. Not heating,lighting,infrastructure,mortgages, existing shareholders. We as a collective may have an ownership position in the Club, I am not aware of anyone seeking fan control. It is for the Club executive to make those decisions.

I think we only have to look at the product on the park compared to what it was three years ago to consider if our donations are being spent well in the Football Department.

Jim Adie
    HSL
    Thanks for the post. I don't think there is any doubt that the donations are being put to good use and I don't think I have come across in my previous posts as stating otherwise. I trust our current custodians to make good use of the funds generated by HSL.

I just wanted to point out that there's a number of people on here who are apparently under the impression that 100% of their donations go directly to Neil Lennon to buy new players. Everything I have read, along with your post, confirms that is not quite the case.

I just think it's quite an important point to address. I'm not suggesting HSL is misleading anyone either by the way, just in case that starts to grow arms and legs. I think the online mission statement on the HSL website is pretty clear. It's people's failure to properly find out the facts which is the cause of any misunderstanding here.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie-bee View Post
    Stevie-bee

We are sorry to hear about the experience you have had. We re not aware of any outstanding emails from any supporters. If you don't mind could you send us your details to info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk and we will sort this immediately.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Thanks for the post. I don't think there is any doubt that the donations are being put to good use and I don't think I have come across in my previous posts as stating otherwise. I trust our current custodians to make good use of the funds generated by HSL.

I just wanted to point out that there's a number of people on here who are apparently under the impression that 100% of their donations go directly to Neil Lennon to buy new players. Everything I have read, along with your post, confirms that is not quite the case.

I just think it's quite an important point to address. I'm not suggesting HSL is misleading anyone either by the way, just in case that starts to grow arms and legs. I think the online mission statement on the HSL website is pretty clear. It's people's failure to properly find out the facts which is the cause of any misunderstanding here.
    Completely agree and as you say the benefit of the thread is that it has made it even clearer for our existing donators and potential new ones.

HSL

More money = Better Players

Jim Adie
    HSL

Pretty much says it all for me as Jim says above in the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Thank you HSL, for all the good work being done to try and help the Hi-Bees.
    It is certainly very positive that this thread has generated some discussion about HSL, perhaps more importantly it has generated more contributors to HSL and by default to the mighty Hi-Bees.
    My slight dyslexia I promise to work even harder on. As for the heading “Can I/we/you afford not to!” perhaps some read things into words that they wish or want (Context) This was more of a call to all Hibs supporters not to ignore what other clubs are doing along similar paths. (Just squeezed into 5 words. Try getting a heading into 5 words) May have been better using the word “We”, but all have 20/20 vision with hindsight.
    For sure there is a whole lot more that could be done with and by HSL but they all give their time voluntarily which I completely understand. All I do is contribute I have no affiliation whatsoever.
    But perhaps this is a missing opportunity to get help, with such things as a monthly newsletter which shows the progress being made. As others have already said on this thread, in my humble opinion they should forget about percentages and speak about targets for each month, then show totals in cash raised for that month, even if not reached.
    There are more than enough on this forum who I am sure could contribute to articles etc, for a newsletter, perhaps they could even set it up as many appear to write Blogs and such. This could be sent out once a month to all on the database. Then it could also be read on the official website.
    Its all about clear communication, and I for one would want to see hard cash figures rather than what percentage of shares have been purchased (although important its boring) This could be covered in the newsletter by official HSL.
    Articles from players past and present etc, you may even be able to get some advertisers which would bring in a wee bit more cash.
    To get 16 to 20 people signing up with one thread shows the power that the forum has, it’s up to HSL to use it better.
    Aim for 50 people a week, so what if you don’t reach it, tell us the numbers also the cash amounts raised each month, then momentum can grow, both by word of mouth and seeing results.
    Anyway that’s enough from me for now.

GGTTH
    A Hi-Bee

Once again thank you for your constructive comments.

A fellow supporter, close to you right now has very kindly agreed to help HSL with a regular Newsletter. It will have many of your ideas etc but we do have to be mindfull of our role here and try not to duplicate any of the Club activities. In terms of updates let us try to give you a very quick update on your inspired thread. We eventually reached 20 new donators.

The new thread with Charlies interview has attracted 13 new donators. To be honest we are hoping for many more from this given the level of pr exposure it will eventually have.

The interview can be viewed here http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...s-fans-backing

HSL

A Hi-Bee

Once again thank you for your constructive comments.

A fellow supporter, close to you right now has very kindly agreed to help HSL with a regular Newsletter. It will have many of your ideas etc but we do have to be mindfull of our role here and try not to duplicate any of the Club activities. In terms of updates let us try to give you a very quick update on your inspired thread. We eventually reached 20 new donators.

The new thread with Charlies interview has attracted 13 new donators. To be honest we are hoping for many more from this given the level of pr exposure it will eventually have.

The interview can be viewed here http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...s-fans-backing

HSL
    All the more power to the Hi-Bees on the upward journey, once the wheels start turning they will gather momentum with just a wee reguar amount of input.
    Well done to all, their is power in the collective (Hibs support) still to be tapped. I find sometimes its just best to ask.
    Keep things going.

GGTTH

I know it’s a bit late, but this is a very serious suggestion - can the name be changed?

The name HSL means absolutely nothing to me. In fact, almost every time I see it, I have to google to see what it even stands for. And ‘Hibernian Supporters Limited’ isn’t exactly emotive either. Every time I see ‘HSL’ posted on here, I glance over it as I don’t associate any feeling with it or affection towards it.

Foundation of Hearts and AberDNA have a lot more of an emotive feeling to them. Fans donating to them know exactly what it is and that it’s for the good of the club. HSL sounds like you’re chucking your money at a corporation, not the football club we all love.

I’m a branding specialist btw, so happy to help with naming etc if needed. Or the marketing department at Hibs, see what they think.

To attract more donations, it has to be a call to action. It has to stir up emotion with the fans.
    Last edited by Austinho; 08-06-2018 at 11:02 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    HSL is just fine i remember what it stands for everytime i see it...and i've got a terrible memory

i sense a poll coming

Blog Entries
    I honestly don't understand the angst about where the money initially goes. If Hibs need to spend a couple of hundred pounds for new corner flags & HSL donations are used to buy those flags, then Hibs still have an extra £200 to spend on players. As others have said, we're a properly run club which produces detailed accounts on time & we even pay our creditors. I understand the emotional appeal of saying every penny goes to the player budget, but in LD & Hibs i trust &, as above, the money effectively goes there anyway.

All the more power to the Hi-Bees on the upward journey, once the wheels start turning they will gather momentum with just a wee reguar amount of input.
    Well done to all, their is power in the collective (Hibs support) still to be tapped. I find sometimes its just best to ask.
    Keep things going.

GGTTH
    A Hi-Bee

Unfortunately you have been knocked off your pedestal. We now have 25 new donators which we presume has been prompted by Charlies interview. We are hoping for 100 over this weekend. We cannot emphasize enough the option for a one off donation if you choose or cannot commit to joining HSL.

Help us get to the 100 new donators over this weekend. Forward messages and emails to fellow supporters. Urge them to look at Charlies interview either on Sky Sports or EEN.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSuperior View Post
    That's me signed up for monthly direct debits of £7.73. I know it's not much, but it's all I can afford and every little helps.
    Good on you. Its all about mass. If 5000 people gave £7.72 it'd raise £463,000 per year which is a reasonable sum!

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    I know it’s a bit late, but this is a very serious suggestion - can the name be changed?

The name HSL means absolutely nothing to me. In fact, almost every time I see it, I have to google to see what it even stands for. And ‘Hibernian Supporters Limited’ isn’t exactly emotive either. Every time I see ‘HSL’ posted on here, I glance over it as I don’t associate any feeling with it or affection towards it.

Foundation of Hearts and AberDNA have a lot more of an emotive feeling to them. Fans donating to them know exactly what it is and that it’s for the good of the club. HSL sounds like you’re chucking your money at a corporation, not the football club we all love.

I’m a branding specialist btw, so happy to help with naming etc if needed. Or the marketing department at Hibs, see what they think.

To attract more donations, it has to be a call to action. It has to stir up emotion with the fans.
    Good post - Agree with this

A Hi-Bee

Unfortunately you have been knocked off your pedestal. We now have 25 new donators which we presume has been prompted by Charlies interview. We are hoping for 100 over this weekend. We cannot emphasize enough the option for a one off donation if you choose or cannot commit to joining HSL.

Help us get to the 100 new donators over this weekend. Forward messages and emails to fellow supporters. Urge them to look at Charlies interview either on Sky Sports or EEN.

HSL
    Thats brilliant HSL, it dont matter how they get there just as long as they get there, buy the way you need to empty some of your PM inbox as I jst tried to send to you so once you empty some of this I will try and send again. (Ha, I have never been on a pedistal thats way to high for me, and I never presume anything?) If your PM inbox is full there could be even more contributors waiting on replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post

This was suggested to HSL a very long time ago, as its a limited company I believe it could have any number of trading names, some may well be much better suited to raising funds for the Playing Ambitions of the manager and club, good post.
    I am also speaking to them about just such a thing when they introduce a new "Newsletter"

First Team Breakthrough MotherSuperior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy JR View Post
    Good on you. Its all about mass. If 5000 people gave £7.72 it'd raise £463,000 per year which is a reasonable sum!
    That's it. I've just bought a season ticket as well. I've not had one in 6 years due to working shifts. It really feels like we're building towards something big under Lennon and I trust the current regime to do good business in the transfer market.

I have tried to increase my monthly amount but it says unknown error? Contact support.
    Cougars!!!

Thats brilliant HSL, it dont matter how they get there just as long as they get there, buy the way you need to empty some of your PM inbox as I jst tried to send to you so once you empty some of this I will try and send again. (Ha, I have never been on a pedistal thats way to high for me, and I never presume anything?) If your PM inbox is full there could be even more contributors waiting on replies.

Thank you for the nudge about our pm box. We are trying to clear this but we have some in there that we need to keep. It is always best to contact us by email at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

The email system is checked daily but we cannot give the same commitment to the pm area. It also has capacity issues, as you have discovered.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSuperior View Post
    That's it. I've just bought a season ticket as well. I've not had one in 6 years due to working shifts. It really feels like we're building towards something big under Lennon and I trust the current regime to do good business in the transfer market.
    Thats brilliant I have done the same after walking up for past 20 years or so, dont get to all the games but can always give the seat back to Hibs to sell for any games that I cannie get to.