hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    People are now complaining about HSL trying to raise additional funds for the managers budget? How anyone could take offense at the original post is baffling.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People are now complaining about HSL trying to raise additional funds for the managers budget? How anyone could take offense at the original post is baffling.
    HSL Imo is making difference to the players we have and can make a bigger difference in the future to getting better players. I fully support its objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Trolling fans efforts to improve the clubs finances, weird eh. At least one never hesitates to praise FOH as well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Is buying a season ticket not enough? After all those funds go straight in the managers transfer budget don't they?
    Have you ever had a positive thought? Nae wonder the English think the Scots are tight..

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    More would surely help though, no?

Yes it would, however between 4 members of my family Hibs have gained a total off £1285 out us for next season as well as previous seasons, I think thats enough imo. Those who can donate more then well done and fair play however I'm not in position to donate right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Have you ever had a positive thought? Nae wonder the English think the Scots are tight..

I guess the £1285 Hibs got from me for 4 season tickets for family members isn't enough? I can't afford anymore therefor I think I've paid enough towards the managers budget. Not about being negative, its my opinion thats all. If others can afford to donate then brilliant.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 06-06-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Yes it would, however between 4 members of my family Hibs have gained a total off £1285 out us for next season as well as previous seasons, I think thats enough imo. Those who can donate more then well done and fair play however I'm not in position to donate right now.
    Fair enough. So there's no good reason you have for contributing to this thread at all.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Is buying a season ticket not enough? After all those funds go straight in the managers transfer budget don't they?
    Football income is changing and Scottish clubs are playing catch up with the rest of European football.

Only if you can manage...

https://twitter.com/hfcsupporters/status/1002271502916612096?s=19

First Team Breakthrough MotherSuperior's Avatar
    That's me signed up for monthly direct debits of £7.73. I know it's not much, but it's all I can afford and every little helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Fair enough. So there's no good reason you have for contributing to this thread at all.

No, I cant post on this thread because I can't afford to donate. Talk about Ùber fan stuff.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I doubt you're alone, I pay for season tickets and cab manage the lowest monthly donation for HSL.

Both are my choice though, if I thought either were too much then stop.

Certainly wouldn't feel that I should moan about someone asking for more help just because I thought i was paying enough though. I'd realise that it's a choice to make.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

No, I cant post on this thread because I can't afford to donate. Talk about Ùber fan stuff.
    What a waste of time.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Yeah you should probably stick to telling folk what away games they're allowed tickets for.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Or because no-ones cares about your personal position with money, and if you’ve got no interest in donating then this thread has exactly 0 relevance to you.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If that's all you can afford to do, of course of it is.

But at a time when the monies raised beyond this by both Hearts and Aberdeen through their schemes to name but two vastly outstrip what is raised by HSL then clearly its not if we want to compete at the top end of the table.

What do you think pays the other running costs of the club?

Some of the ST money goes towards this.

Contributing to HSL is a guaranteed way of putting money in the pot to be spent in players.

Every £ counts I would urge those that can afford to contribute anything at all to do so

HSL will facilitate contributions of any amount.

I much prefer where we are now to where we have been in recent years and there is no doubt money talks.

We finally have a structure and manager in place that we see that monies raised will be used wisely

Just signed up on the back of this thread. Sometimes you just need a nudge.

Left by mutual consent!
    I guess the £1285 Hibs got from me for 4 season tickets for family members isn't enough? I can't afford anymore therefor I think I've paid enough towards the managers budget. Not about being negative, its my opinion thats all. If others can afford to donate then brilliant.
    The fact that you know the exact figure tells me all I need to know. You can't contribute, fair enough. But there's no need to use your sob story to discourage others.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Not meaning this in a bad way but what's the point responding to this thread stating why you think you donate enough? This thread has been put together to encourage more donators, it isn't a dig at people not donating so why respond like that?

All you've probably achieved is deterring people able to donate from donating as they'll likely say "you know what, I give enough". Its always a personal choice but sharing your own opinion of it will clearly have some influence on others. This "dinnae give the club another penny" talk helps nobody, except you as it may be popular opinion.

As a country we get less through TV money than the Austrian league, we are at the bottom of the barrel so thinking that all money from ST goes to playing budget is foolish, where is the rest of the money coming from to pay the catering staff, the groundsman, the office workers etc? ST cover internal costs as well.
    HSL gives a mechanism to give money solely towards playing endeavors only if you can afford to. 2000 out of 13000-14000 ST holders and all the overseas bunch is a poor/slow turn up in my books and I think a lot of people are disregarding HSL far too easily.

We will be happy to moan when Hearts and Aberdeen leave us in the dirt, won't we? We are a negative bunch tbh and I think that is partially to blame. HSL are asking people to donate, if they can, and we seem to be getting our panties into a royal mess over nothing.

Donate if you can, simple message.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I cant multi quote but if I could I would highlight a few post on this thread from folk complaining about the issue being raised to the phraseology used.

For goodness sake you can skim past any post \ thread you don't like, its not mandatory to read them all.

Meanwhile in the real world our rivals continue to raise more than we do.

I know what I think is the bigger issue, but folk need something to complain about I suppose
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 06-06-2018 at 01:34 PM.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    You’d have thought that most folk on .net are aware of HSL by now!

Maybe time to start getting your msg out to a different audience instead of coming back time and time again to the same folk?

If they want to pledge they will, they’ve had enough reminders.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Maybe time to start getting your msg out to a different audience instead of coming back time and time again to the same folk?

Except someone joined a few posts back?

Socioeconomic factors will change, we will get new members here. We've got a transfer thread that descends into puns each year and has numerous pages of essentially zero worthwhile information. Yet a thread about raising funds for playing squad is criticised. Sometimes things just seem a wee bit mental, honestly.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

The quote below completely rubbishes your response.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadesLongThrow View Post
    Just signed up on the back of this thread. Sometimes you just need a nudge.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    If you can’t afford it that’s fine. If other fans can, that’s fine too!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

That is a tremendous contribution to the club. I don’t see why you would feel pressured to do more?

Any communication from HSL that I have seen emphasis the those who can afford to message.

This is a good idea, however way you slice it, Hibs will benefit, and its only £10, if you can afford it, go for it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Any communication from HSL that I have seen emphasis the those who can afford to message.
    Exactly this. It's in the thread title. 'Can you afford £10'

I've no idea why certain posters are offended by this. Nobody has questioned why they can't.

Can you afford an extra £10? No. I cannot. End of. Read another thread. You're no worse a hibs fan, person, husband, brother, colleague.. etc

Probably still moans about the 5p bag charge in Tesco anaw.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Have a day off.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogga View Post
    I love Hibs but I don't really agree with this kind of thing. Ultimately you'll have every club in the SPL doing the same thing, cancelling each other out and leaving fans with less money and nothing to show for it.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
    Absolutely correct.

And I also disagree with fundamentally 'the masses' subsidising wealthy footballers or multi-million pound generating businesses.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    If you went to less away games you could afford to donate to HSL (devil emoji) 😀