hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Can you afford £10 to help Neil Lennon get the players he needs to take Hibs forward

Can you afford not to ?

All cash raised goes straight to the manager’s fund to help get the players we need at Hibernian to take us onward to the next stage, it may even help to keep some of our favourite players at Easter Road a little bit longer.

Your help as a supporter can go a long way to making this possible.

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

HSL
    (courtesy of A Hi-Bee)
    Last edited by OfficialHSL; 06-06-2018 at 08:14 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    I already contribute to HSL and I would urge anyone who can to contribute even a small amount every little helps. It could make the difference in taking the club to the next level

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Is buying a season ticket not enough? After all those funds go straight in the managers transfer budget don't they?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is buying a season ticket not enough? After all those funds go straight in the managers transfer budget don't they?
    Should be but its clearly not.

@hibs.net private member
    Aberdeen and Hearts, our closest rivals, have similar season ticket money coming in. But they are both raising £100 of thousands of pounds more than us every year through can donations.
    When Hearts and Aberdeen pay of their new stadiums, which will definitely happen at some point, their advantage over us will be huge.

You don't need to donate extra, but our closest rivals are...

I’ve been contributing £10 a month since the very beginning and I haven’t missed it at all. If it’s helped in even the slightest way to bring a bit of success to the club then I am more than happy with my investment.

Not everyone can afford it but those who can certainly won’t miss a small amount donated every month. Just have one pint less a week 🍺.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I do

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Should be but its clearly not.
    The opening post whilst probably meant with good intentions, has slightly irked me.

It's £10 per Month, but the comment "Can you afford not to?", is like some sort of gulit trip mechanism. Poor show IMO
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Depends on who we want to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    I already contribute to HSL and I would urge anyone who can to contribute even a small amount every little helps. It could make the difference in taking the club to the next level
    What is the next level in your view ?

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    They will, but they will also go to the running of the football club. Contributing to HSL(if you can afford it) will ensure that we continue to compete at the top end of the table.

I would encourage all Hibs fans who can afford it to contribute and help with making our team as good as it can be.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    I love Hibs but I don't really agree with this kind of thing. Ultimately you'll have every club in the SPL doing the same thing, cancelling each other out and leaving fans with less money and nothing to show for it.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogga View Post
    I love Hibs but I don't really agree with this kind of thing. Ultimately you'll have every club in the SPL doing the same thing, cancelling each other out and leaving fans with less money and nothing to show for it.

That may be, but it has a secondary function of protecting the club's future by having 26% of the shares in the hands of HSL.

@hibs.net private member
    At the end of the day it doesn't matter what individuals views are... its a black and white issue.

More donations = better budget for the squad

Less donations = stay where we are and lose some of our best players as we cannot afford to aspire to their financial ambitions (Dylan McGeouch to name one).

If you cannot afford it, then please don't decry those who can or those who actively encourage others who could afford it but don't know the benefits. If anything also encourage it.

Its not elitism at work here, its harmony. HSL staff, members and contributors are doing their best to help out the team and in turn the Hibernian community as a whole.

Can HSL not head up their thread titles starting with HSL?

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    I’ve set up a £10 per month payment (as well as my Season Ticket)

The fan ownership side of HSL doesnt interest me much but the additional funds going into the Manager’s fund does!

Except the quality of player in the spl will be better and we might be better placed to retain key talent.

In saying that, I agree the plea for cash in a forum thread is not helpful. It is far too loose and lacks specifics. If you want folk to commit cash, better to be very specific on what we’re trying to achieve, what is needed overall to get there, how the funds will be held and used. Important the folk actually see the incremental improvement, there money has made ie without the extra contributions, what would the squad have looked like. If it can be shown exactly what the funds have done eg allowed Lennon to snag Kamberi, then many more would be inclined to subscribe IMO

That would be your personal choice. Other people can also make their own personal choice.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Given the relative size of support for each club and the considerable variation in incomes from other revenue streams this clearly will never be the case.

No one is obliged to give, so I’m quite happy that we raise money this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    The opening post whilst probably meant with good intentions, has slightly irked me.

It's £10 per Month, but the comment "Can you afford not to?", is like some sort of gulit trip mechanism. Poor show IMO
    Agreed. No need for that bit.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    That would be your personal choice. Other people can also make their own personal choice.
    Do the other people have to be reminded or enticed to make a donation if they choose to or not.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Buying a season ticket is the single most important way of backing the team - both financially and in person.

There is always a risk that appeals to back HSL ignore the amazing backing that supporters are giving the club. A full ER is a glorious sight.

However, there are folk who don’t make it to many games, for whatever reason, or can afford to give a bit more on top.

It’s all good!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

At the moment, only a few clubs are doing this.

If all Premiership clubs started a subscription scheme, would you still argue that Hibs should avoid it?

It’s another source of revenue for the club. It helps to improve the squad. Why get worried about that?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

It only reads that way if you're looking for it, imho.

Nothing wrong with the OP, folk can either afford it out they can't, I don't think anyone at HSL or anyone supportive of HSL have ever set out to guilt trip folk into signing up.

In fact, in the majority of comms that have asked for cash they've gone to great lengths to make it clear people should only contribute if they can afford it.

The OP is a turn of phrase, I don't think anyone should be getting worked up about it, personally.

First Team Breakthrough
    Surely all that matters is the need to improve the squad. We don't want to either stand still as a cub or slide backwards HSL can help the club to move forward

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    More would surely help though, no?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Nothing wrong with the OP, folk can either afford it out they can't, I don't think anyone at HSL or anyone supportive of HSL have ever set out to guilt trip folk into signing up.

In fact, in the majority of comms that have asked for cash they've gone to great lengths to make it clear people should only contribute if they can afford it.

The OP is a turn of phrase, I don't think anyone should be getting worried up about it, personally.
    Tend to agree dont see the issue with trying to encourage more fans to contribute. There has been a decent amount of hype/marketing recently about it with a few players and the manager signing up for it. Good idea to come onto forums to raise the word also. Hope it is successful.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

The OP is a turn of phrase, I don't think anyone should be getting worried up about it, personally.
    There is something wrong with the extra 'o' on "to" Where's that 'Wee Effin Bee' when we need him?

Joking aside - I actually agree that it could have been positioned and worded better. But it's not offensive and clearly only designed to drum-up interest and memberships for HSL.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Do the other people have to be reminded or enticed to make a donation if they choose to or not.
    That’s marketing for u. How many items do u see advertised in the press, on TV etc. that you already have or have no intention of buying?

I’m glad they are going out for more. The greater the awareness, the better IMO

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Your not obliged to pay money or click on this thread or log onto Hibs.net at all. As I said, its a personal choice.