hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 289
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Delicate souls, behave yirsel
    Agreed, lets keep this considerate! The thing is we all are pushing for the same thing, we want to see better football on the park and ultimately European adventures etc. whether we are buying STs (single or multiple for families), buying tons of merchandise, travelling to away games, we are all striving for the same thing. I cannot make away games, that possibly gives me more justification to give towards HSL. Maybe it doesn't, maybe I have other reasons, maybe I don't have any concrete reasons but feel compelled/inspired by the idea. People overseas may think their subscription to Hibs TV is all they are willing to spend on Hibs, that's fine.

    It is personal choices here, what gets me is the voracity at which we look to get one over on other fans or to prove our worth as fans. I still cannot fathom why fans would come on this thread to say why they cannot afford to give to HSL, we needn't know these personal details and how much you've spent, almost to the penny. HSL is asking for those who can give, they have been clear on that statement since the very beginning. Give if you can, I think we can already see the affect the donations have had on our club, the standard of player is much higher than in recent times (we had a better squad in the Championship than the 4 years leading up to our relegation for Christ's sake!).

    We are not blessed like English clubs so I also do not understand the multi-million pound business perspective, football clubs in Scotland outside of Celtic are reliant massively on their fans, there is no £40million pound parachute payment should you get relegated, there isn't a £100million pound TV fee for each of the top league teams. That isn't there, if we don't buy STs, go to the games, get the merchandise, give to HSL etc. then Hibs will find a level that suits that income (less income from fans = less expenditure on everything [including players!]). What concerns me is fans that could comfortably give to HSL but don't, that isn't because they should (again that is their choice) but as is evident on these forums and at the matches, we, as fans, can be the first to berate the standard of play and the players - it'd be annoying if you could make a small difference, chose not to and then complained wildly at the games as the standard of product diminishes! Almost a double whammy as these fans will also damage the match day experience for everyone else!

    I hope HSL reaches the stage where we have a chance to elect someone on to the Hibs board, that would secure our club to an extent. As it currently stands, as far as I know, we would collectively (and individually) have zero say should the club be sold etc. The club doesn't exist without the fans but as we've seen clubs can change drastically without fan input/direction, we've also seen new ownership drive clubs to the brink of extinction.

    We really need to be a bit more positive as a fan base (that goes for me too), we always seem to default back to negatives and get in to "uber" fan one-upmanship BS. Give money to HSL if you want to and can afford to, never been any different. If you can't, don't feel the need to justify it, it's life - I had a poster when I was a kid that described what happens regularly in life, it put it rather eloquently with a four letter word.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you afford not to ?

    All cash raised goes straight to the managerís fund to help get the players we need at Hibernian to take us onward to the next stage, it may even help to keep some of our favourite players at Easter Road a little bit longer.

    Your help as a supporter can go a long way to making this possible.

    https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/


    HSL
    (courtesy of A Hi-Bee)

    On behalf of everyone at HSL can we express our sincere thanks to A Hi-Bee for his/her suggested Thread.

    In the last few hours since posting it we have attracted 16 new donators. Most at £10 pm month, two at £18.75 pm , one at £30pm and a lump sum donation. As you will see from that thread it has provoked much debate which is brilliant. Such debates allow more clarity to be brought out into the open. It helps show what HSL is about and indeed what it isn't about.

    We will try to respond to as many of the points raised in this lively thread.

    Once again, thank you.

    HSL

  4. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The minimum monthly contribution for HSL I believe is £7.73 or about £90 a year. I would imagine 18 odd away games is far in excess of that.
    i pay 3 seperate donations of £5 for my 2 sons and me. I'm not sure there is a minimum payment as it shows as 3 seperate transactions on my account.
    Maybe HSL can confirm

  5. #124
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    58
    Posts
    48,576
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On behalf of everyone at HSL can we express our sincere thanks to A Hi-Bee for his/her suggested Thread.

    In the last few hours since posting it we have attracted 16 new donators. Most at £10 pm month, two at £18.75 pm , one at £30pm and a lump sum donation. As you will see from that thread it has provoked much debate which is brilliant. Such debates allow more clarity to be brought out into the open. It helps show what HSL is about and indeed what it isn't about.

    We will try to respond to as many of the points raised in this lively thread.

    Once again, thank you.

    HSL
    Great news, the more the merrier.

  6. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On behalf of everyone at HSL can we express our sincere thanks to A Hi-Bee for his/her suggested Thread.

    In the last few hours since posting it we have attracted 16 new donators. Most at £10 pm month, two at £18.75 pm , one at £30pm and a lump sum donation. As you will see from that thread it has provoked much debate which is brilliant. Such debates allow more clarity to be brought out into the open. It helps show what HSL is about and indeed what it isn't about.

    We will try to respond to as many of the points raised in this lively thread.

    Once again, thank you.

    HSL
    Absolutely brilliant. You should 'irk' people every day lol.

  7. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The opening post whilst probably meant with good intentions, has slightly irked me.

    It's £10 per Month, but the comment "Can you afford not to?", is like some sort of gulit trip mechanism. Poor show IMO
    Baldy

    As you may have noted, the thread was actually suggested by one of our Members who felt that some of our earlier communications were perhaps not clear enough. We invited suggestions therefore did not feel it right to tamper with it. We can assure you that we never intentionally try to encourage supporters to donate to HSL by any disreputable means and there was no intention to cause any supporter to feel guilty for not donating to HSL. As we have said on many occasions, the great thing about HSL is that it is voluntary. We do not want anyone contributing if they can't afford to donate or indeed if it simply is not their choice to do so.


    HSL

  8. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can HSL not head up their thread titles starting with HSL?
    We thought we were - "Official HSL"



    HSL

  9. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is something wrong with the extra 'o' on "to" Where's that 'Wee Effin Bee' when we need him?

    Joking aside - I actually agree that it could have been positioned and worded better. But it's not offensive and clearly only designed to drum-up interest and memberships for HSL.
    WeeRussell

    I have a feeling you might have been my old English Teacher. I have cold sweats just thinking about that.

    HSL

  10. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSuperior View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's me signed up for monthly direct debits of £7.73. I know it's not much, but it's all I can afford and every little helps.
    MotherSuperior

    Welcome aboard. Rest assured your contribution is every bit as valuable as all our other donators. As we have said before, the FOH are not contributing the amount they are because of a few wealthy supporters, it's because they have a lot of supporters donating moderate amounts.

    Once again, thank you.

    HSL

  11. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You both realise that we are getting a collective share in that business by donating, yeah?

    Also, if you think any footballers that play for Hibs are wealthy then we have different spectrums of wealth. Players that play for Hibs will need to continue working after hanging their boots up. Hardly Messi, Rinaldo and Neymar territory...

    It is optional. You are also subsidising the multimillion pound business via purchases in club store, season tickets etc. so I'm not sure what the difference is. Neither season tickets or strips earn you an ownership share so...if anything is more along the lines of "subsidising".

    HSL has said it's not an investment - don't expect a return. But thanks for clarifying its optional. I've made it clear I'll not take up my option.

    And just for clarity on on your other points, if I buy a shirt, I get a shirt. If I buy a season ticket, I get to watch games at Easter rd. If I spend £20 a month on this, I don't see my £240 buying much at the end of a year.

  12. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Youíd have thought that most folk on .net are aware of HSL by now!

    Maybe time to start getting your msg out to a different audience instead of coming back time and time again to the same folk?

    If they want to pledge they will, theyíve had enough reminders.
    WhileTheChief

    We take your point and do try our best not to come on too often. It's a difficult balancing act as we often get complaints about not communicating enough. We have :

    - distributed 20000 leaflets at Easter Road
    - had pop up stands in each of the Stands at Easter Road
    - visits to Supporters Clubs and Supporters Association
    - the Club recently distributed a letter for us to 30000 on the Club database
    - we recently did presentations in the Hospitality areas at Easter Road.
    - issued videos via You Tube

    We are trying hard not to pester but at the same time trying to keep reminding everyone of the opportunity that HSL gives us.

    HSL

  13. #132
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    13,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HSL has said it's not an investment - don't expect a return. But thanks for clarifying its optional. I've made it clear I'll not take up my option.

    And just for clarity on on your other points, if I buy a shirt, I get a shirt. If I buy a season ticket, I get to watch games at Easter rd. If I spend £20 a month on this, I don't see my £240 buying much at the end of a year.

    Fair enough.

    But HSL does offer something tangible in return - collectively it is buying a stake in our club.

    Itís not the fabled Romanov Ďshare issueí!

  14. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact HSL are now posting quite regularly on .net is a great thing to see. I wish they would set up stalls in the home stands before each match too, to encourage fans not on forums to sign up. I wonder why they don't do this, if it is a case of not having the people to man these stalls then shirley a wee post on here asking for volunteers would help? The more Hibees we get signed up to HSL the better for the team. As others have stated, I have never seen any of HSLs posts asking for something someone hasn't got, they always state 'if you can afford it'.
    Vince1973

    We fully intend to do this next Season. We have done this in the past, with little success. Anecdotal feedback suggested that supporters didn't like discussing such matters on match day. Having said this we sense that there is a much greater interest in HSL now. It would seem that supporters are looking at the product on the park and realising that HSL donations have had something to do with the better players we have seen of late. Of course, we are not pretending to take all the credit but the reality is money can and does make a difference in the right hands, and we seem to have the right hands at present. We will be seeking volunteers.

    HSL

  15. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HSL has said it's not an investment - don't expect a return. But thanks for clarifying its optional. I've made it clear I'll not take up my option.

    And just for clarity on on your other points, if I buy a shirt, I get a shirt. If I buy a season ticket, I get to watch games at Easter rd. If I spend £20 a month on this, I don't see my £240 buying much at the end of a year.
    I never said it was a financial return, your money will be gone. What I did say is you will have a share in a company that will have a % ownership in Hibs. Depends how you qualify a "return".

    If you buy a shirt, you get a shirt. That is true. What is also true is the more people we have donating the higher chance you'll have a better name to get printed on the shirt (player name I'm meaning). If you are looking for some kind of profit, product or substantial benefit out of HSL then it isn't for you and it wouldn't make sense anyway - HSL is there to help with funds for playing budget. If it were there to give some sort of direct payback to donators then it would essentially be pointless. People paying into a pot for us all to want the same or more back out, really doesn't make sense.

    If you don't want to do it then don't.

  16. #135
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Being an Underhanded Bigot
    Posts
    2,901
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the end of the day it doesn't matter what individuals views are... its a black and white issue.

    More donations = better budget for the squad

    Less donations = stay where we are and lose some of our best players as we cannot afford to aspire to their financial ambitions (Dylan McGeouch to name one).

    If you cannot afford it, then please don't decry those who can or those who actively encourage others who could afford it but don't know the benefits. If anything also encourage it.

    Its not elitism at work here, its harmony. HSL staff, members and contributors are doing their best to help out the team and in turn the Hibernian community as a whole.
    See, these are the posts about HSL that annoy me. That people are either not joining because they can't afford it, or 'don't know the benefits'.

    I, like many others, haven't joined HSL because I don't think 'fan ownership', particularly in the club membership style model of HSL, is the shining beacon that it is promoted as. I buy my season ticket, which contributes to the player budget, but I'm not going to subscribe to pay extra into a scheme I actively disagree with.

    I've got no issue at all with people with opposing views who do subscribe to and support HSL, but respect is a two way street and suggesting that the only reasons for not joining HSL are either insufficient funds or insufficient knowledge is insulting.

  17. #136
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    32,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HSL has said it's not an investment - don't expect a return. But thanks for clarifying its optional. I've made it clear I'll not take up my option.

    And just for clarity on on your other points, if I buy a shirt, I get a shirt. If I buy a season ticket, I get to watch games at Easter rd. If I spend £20 a month on this, I don't see my £240 buying much at the end of a year.
    Look at it this way then.

    If you spend £20 a month on HSL then you stand a better chance of your aforementioned season ticket being better value for money due to the club being able to buy better players.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  18. #137
    First Team Regular 1875STEVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    39
    Posts
    617
    just signed up again.

    I actually hadnt noticed it had stopped........

  19. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See, these are the posts about HSL that annoy me. That people are either not joining because they can't afford it, or 'don't know the benefits'.

    I, like many others, haven't joined HSL because I don't think 'fan ownership', particularly in the club membership style model of HSL, is the shining beacon that it is promoted as. I buy my season ticket, which contributes to the player budget, but I'm not going to subscribe to pay extra into a scheme I actively disagree with.

    I've got no issue at all with people with opposing views who do subscribe to and support HSL, but respect is a two way street and suggesting that the only reasons for not joining HSL are either insufficient funds or insufficient knowledge is insulting.
    I agree with that. Tbh I'm a little sceptical about HSL at times. However, until someone presents something else then I see it as the only way for us to collectively band together and get a noteworthy share in Hibs. My fear is what comes in the future? We are owned primarily by Farmer and Petrie. When they leave, what happens? As it currently stands whatever the club owners please. Sold to a Romanov type? That is my concern, being able to get some sort of fan ownership (protection) and giving towards player budget at the same time made sense to me. May not in the future.

    Mutual respect is key though. As always it is optional and whether you donate or not, we are equal fans. It is a choice, and as you say it is not entirely down to money or understanding. Its like charity to an extent, some you believe in more than others so give. Some you don't like as much even after having all the details so don't donate.

  20. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be your personal choice. Other people can also make their own personal choice.
    thats exactly it in my opinion.

    Once again we try and make a big "thing" out of nothing ive got a season ticket too but i dont think i will miss £10 a month to my football team.

    If it makes a difference to the quality of player being brought in to Easter Road then i will do without something that £10 was earmarked for.

    As this poster says its purely a personal thing and if i can afford it i will try and do it... MY personal choice.

    I realise others may not be in the same position and i respect that so my season ticket, my HSL contribution and retail shopping all go back to my club... MY personal choice.

    No fuss no arguing, if my £10 goes towards keeping McGeough at Easter Road then so be it!

  21. #140
    Coaching Staff brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,807
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See, these are the posts about HSL that annoy me. That people are either not joining because they can't afford it, or 'don't know the benefits'.

    I, like many others, haven't joined HSL because I don't think 'fan ownership', particularly in the club membership style model of HSL, is the shining beacon that it is promoted as. I buy my season ticket, which contributes to the player budget, but I'm not going to subscribe to pay extra into a scheme I actively disagree with.

    I've got no issue at all with people with opposing views who do subscribe to and support HSL, but respect is a two way street and suggesting that the only reasons for not joining HSL are either insufficient funds or insufficient knowledge is insulting.
    Fan ownership is way down my list of priorities as a recently joined member of HSL. IMO it's no different to being a shareholder in a major corporation, say BP. On paper the shareholders own the company but in reality the company is run by a CEO/MD, directors & managers. Hibs will be no different. We will not have 30,000 members picking the team or arranging transfers. The club will continue as before but we will have more security to protect us from a Mercer type takeover & we will be contributing funds to our team. I'm not being funny but I suspect you're 'actively disagreeing' with a scenario which will never happen.

  22. #141
    @hibs.net private member tamig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    5,519
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the end of the day it doesn't matter what individuals views are... its a black and white issue.

    More donations = better budget for the squad

    Less donations = stay where we are and lose some of our best players as we cannot afford to aspire to their financial ambitions (Dylan McGeouch to name one).

    If you cannot afford it, then please don't decry those who can or those who actively encourage others who could afford it but don't know the benefits. If anything also encourage it.

    Its not elitism at work here, its harmony. HSL staff, members and contributors are doing their best to help out the team and in turn the Hibernian community as a whole.
    Just catching up on this now and Iím truly astounded at some if the negative comments. Some of these folk donít deserve a better and more progressive Hibs. Unbelievable.

  23. #142
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,211
    I've been meaning to for ages and I have finally set up my direct debit! It's a great scheme and clearly something that will help us get an extra edge on playing budget. FOH across the city have worked wonders for them (well, in terms of donations etc) and Aberdeen have private investment that we can't match, so any scheme that brings us on a par with them is excellent.

    I have been critical of HSL in the past for not trying to ram the point home but this thread seems to have made a difference 👍

  24. #143
    @hibs.net private member 3pm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,302
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WhileTheChief

    We take your point and do try our best not to come on too often. It's a difficult balancing act as we often get complaints about not communicating enough. We have :

    - distributed 20000 leaflets at Easter Road
    - had pop up stands in each of the Stands at Easter Road
    - visits to Supporters Clubs and Supporters Association
    - the Club recently distributed a letter for us to 30000 on the Club database
    - we recently did presentations in the Hospitality areas at Easter Road.
    - issued videos via You Tube

    We are trying hard not to pester but at the same time trying to keep reminding everyone of the opportunity that HSL gives us.

    HSL
    Do you think you could do more to get people to your website mate?

    Maybe some player interviews, the odd prize or whatever. Just an idea.

  25. #144
    @hibs.net private member tamig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    5,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I cant post on this thread because I can't afford to donate. Talk about Ŕber fan stuff.
    It was the tone of your opening post thatís the issue. Not at all encouraging. If you canít see that you have a problem.

  26. #145
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    13,478
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think you could do more to get people to your website mate?

    Maybe some player interviews, the odd prize or whatever. Just an idea.



    Hibs could do so much more media wise. I know Hibs tv is another revenue stream but you have to invest in content

  27. #146
    @hibs.net private member tamig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    5,519
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know this probably comes up a lot so apologies. But the idea of fan ownership kinda terrifies me. (I'm happy to be proven wrong).

    Hibs is my club and I guess I already feel I have ''ownership" of it as part of the hibs family. The main issue I guess is the "too many Chiefs" problem. I fear that if everyone plays owner this leads to instability in the club.

    Again, genuinely not looking to have a moan. That's not what this is. I feel that surely I can't be the only one on the fence with this issue looking for assurances.

    And finally, apologies again if this worry has been answered a million times!

    GGTTH
    Iíve mentioned on some other HSL related threads that I couldnít give two hoots about having a share certificate. All I care about is getting the best Hibs team possible out on the park. The more folk that chip in the better chance we have of getting more quality in and retaining our top talent. Preventing another Mercer scenario - for me - is a nice bonus.

  28. #147
    @hibs.net private member Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    54,330
    What do those who are actively trying to discourage contributions make of the news that Rangers look likely to nip in and get Brandon Barker ahead of us?

    Mine had lapsed but I'll be signing up again later today.

  29. #148
    You are so right Mikey we need as many as possible backing this initative to take the club to the next level

  30. #149
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do those who are actively trying to discourage contributions make of the news that Rangers look likely to nip in and get Brandon Barker ahead of us?

    Mine had lapsed but I'll be signing up again later today.
    I think that that is just the reality of them having 3x the number of ST holders as us? They arenít nearly as skint as you might think from reading things on here.

    A few extra folk chipping in a tenner a month isnít gonna make a much of a difference in Barker deciding where to go!

    Barker to Rangers has been doing the rounds for a few months, I posted a while back about it. Alan Preston is his agent and is trying to get the deal done. It sucks.

  31. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do those who are actively trying to discourage contributions make of the news that Rangers look likely to nip in and get Brandon Barker ahead of us?

    Mine had lapsed but I'll be signing up again later today.
    Come on Mikey, for all there’s been some needless digs on this thread, (and I absolutely agree that there has) I don’t think anyone on here is “actively trying to discourage contributions”.

    We know HC has a tendency to be short and negative in a lot of his posts, but I’m confident his intentions weren’t as above.

    I also so think some are confusing criticism of positioning, pitching and marketing (which is important) as people being easily offended or “delicate souls”.
    Last edited by WeeRussell; 07-06-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved