hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt whether anyone at Hibs sees getting to the Europa League Group Stage as central to future plans. The probability is never going to be high with the likes of Sevilla as potential opponents in the Third Qualifying Round should Hibs get past a decent Greek team in the Second Qualifying Round. Then there is the prospect of the Play-off Round to come. All that with a team barely out of pre-season training with potential transfers still to be dealt with.

Great if it could happen but not likely.
    No doubting it's a tall order but with Lennon at the helm and his experience and know how in Europe I still think it's a real possibility. We do need a favourable draw though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    No doubting it's a tall order but with Lennon at the helm and his experience and know how in Europe I still think it's a real possibility. We do need a favourable draw though.
    Remember, if we get past the Greeks we'll have played 4 Euro matches and our first League game prior to the 3rd round. I would hope 5 competitive matches has us close to peak fitness. Some teams coming into Round 3 wont have played any competitive matches at all

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    As an aside, the club had 60 seats of their own on that flight to the Faroes.
    They'll have the same number in Greece. I think they'll be knocking a wee hole in the €500,000 so we shouldn't plan on spending it on here too quick....

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    As an aside, the club had 60 seats of their own on that flight to the Faroes.
    They'll have the same number in Greece. I think they'll be knocking a wee hole in the €500,000 so we shouldn't plan on spending it on here too quick....
    Yeh but they had over 70 of us paying £550 each which reduces the clubs costs, in effect we reduced the clubs costs by over £37500. The same will happen with Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Euros not Sterling dafty😜
    Same thing these days!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Yeh but they had over 70 of us paying £550 each which reduces the clubs costs, in effect we reduced the clubs costs by over £37500. The same will happen with Greece.
    Not sure about that figure Ringo. All 70 (72 I think) of our payments couldn't have gone to the club in full. Don't know what they paid the airline or the agent, but you're making it sound like a real bargain. £14 a head by my sums.......

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Not sure about that figure Ringo. All 70 (72 I think) of our payments couldn't have gone to the club in full. Don't know what they paid the airline or the agent, but you're making it sound like a real bargain. £14 a head by my sums.......
    Wasn’t meaning it that way. If the whole trip cost Hibs £100k then we have saved them £37500 .