hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMHO we still have to cater for walk up fans. Plenty Hibs fans out there can’t afford a season ticket especially if they have kids. We have to make space available for those fans.
    There will be plenty of seats for walk ups, we are nowhere near the point of there not being.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    There will be plenty of seats for walk ups, we are nowhere near the point of there not being.
    Correct, until there are a thousand season ticket holders in the South stand there is no need for a cap on how many are sold.

Like so often happens on here, people are totally missing the point of the discussion so that they can put forward their own point regardless of how valid it is to the topic of the thread.

No-one is saying that we will not have a walk up option for the coming season. The question was what is the maximum number of season tickets that we can sell? The answer to that question has to be whatever the total number of seats is in the three home stands. We will hopefully continue to give Hearts the full south stand in a reciprocal arrangement that allows us full use of the Roseburn stand when we go to Tynecastle. That means we can't sell full season tickets in the south stand, however I don't see a problem with selling a discounted season ticket in the south stand if we get to the point where we have sold out in the other three stands. A season ticket that allows you access to every home league game except the derby.

I've seen suggestions that we need to cap the number of season ticket holders so that we can sell tickets to walk up fans. I honestly don't get that idea at all. If we are ever fortunate enough to be in a position where we are able to sell our entire home end to season ticket holders and get a guaranteed income for the full season, we would have to be mad to turn that down.

I've even seen someone suggest that allowing every seat to be sold as a season ticket could result in a prospective walk up fan supporting another team if they can't get to a game at Easter Road. Quite why we would want to turn down a season ticket holder for someone who may or may not decide to go on any given Saturday and might even decide to go and support one of our rivals if they can't go to a game is anyone's guess.

We are nowhere near this stage at the moment and every Hibs fan who wants to go to a game at Easter Road for the coming season will be able to attend without too many problems. However if we ever get to the point where we are bursting at the seams then we absolutely must maximise our income.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Like so often happens on here, people are totally missing the point of the discussion so that they can put forward their own point regardless of how valid it is to the topic of the thread.

No-one is saying that we will not have a walk up option for the coming season. The question was what is the maximum number of season tickets that we can sell? The answer to that question has to be whatever the total number of seats is in the three home stands. We will hopefully continue to give Hearts the full south stand in a reciprocal arrangement that allows us full use of the Roseburn stand when we go to Tynecastle. That means we can't sell full season tickets in the south stand, however I don't see a problem with selling a discounted season ticket in the south stand if we get to the point where we have sold out in the other three stands. A season ticket that allows you access to every home league game except the derby.

I've seen suggestions that we need to cap the number of season ticket holders so that we can sell tickets to walk up fans. I honestly don't get that idea at all. If we are ever fortunate enough to be in a position where we are able to sell our entire home end to season ticket holders and get a guaranteed income for the full season, we would have to be mad to turn that down.

I've even seen someone suggest that allowing every seat to be sold as a season ticket could result in a prospective walk up fan supporting another team if they can't get to a game at Easter Road. Quite why we would want to turn down a season ticket holder for someone who may or may not decide to go on any given Saturday and might even decide to go and support one of our rivals if they can't go to a game is anyone's guess.

We are nowhere near this stage at the moment and every Hibs fan who wants to go to a game at Easter Road for the coming season will be able to attend without too many problems. However if we ever get to the point where we are bursting at the seams then we absolutely must maximise our income.
    I don't think anyone has missed the point at all, as the thread has evolved different questions have arisen and people have given their opinion on them.

Are people seriously suggesting that we should not sell season tickets at a certain point in order to ensure there's an option for people to buy a walk up ticket?

@hibs.net private member
    This is the updated position. The FF Lower is now showing availability and this section was not showing any availability when I previously posted. Disregarding this newly available FF Lower we appear to have sold around 383 ST's since I first posted only one week ago.

West Stand Lower
    Sect. 01 – 177
    Sect. 02 – 86
    Sect. 03 – 24
    Sect. 04 – 4
    Sect. 05 – 0
    Sect. 06 – 6
    Sect. 07 – 13
    Sect. 08 – 17
    Sect. 09 – 135
    West Lower Total – 462

West Stand Upper
    Sect. 10 – 130
    Sect. 11 – 39
    Sect. 12 – 0
    Sect. 13 – 2
    Sect. 14 – 18
    Sect. 15 – 44
    West Upper Total – 233

FF Lower
    Sect. 16 – 45
    Sect. 17 – 17
    Sect. 18 – 23
    Sect. 19 – 23
    Sect. 20 – 29
    FF Lower Total – 137

FF Upper
    Sect. 21 – 19
    Sect. 22 – 17
    Sect. 23 – 13
    Sect. 24 – 20
    Sect. 25 – 79
    FF Upper Total – 148

East Stand
    Sect. 37 – 33
    Sect. 38 – 88
    Sect. 39 – 78
    Sect. 40 – 28
    Sect. 41 – 23
    Sect. 42 – 40
    Sect. 43 – 78
    Sect. 44 – 163
    Sect. 45 – 243
    East Stand Total – 774

Current Total Available On-Line – 1754

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    There will be some double counting going on here.

We're moving from the FF Upper to FF Lower and both sets of seats are still blanked out. Once the ticket office process it there will be another 5 seats available in the FF Upper.
    If you check on the seating plan you will notice that Section 50 is greyed out i.e. you can't buy a new season ticket there.
    Looks like they are stopping new folk from moving in there so they have less folk to chuck out next summer.
    There will be a lot of moaning when the evictions start .

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    I don't think anyone has missed the point at all, as the thread has evolved different questions have arisen and people have given their opinion on them.
    Certain people seem to be randomly posting about how there has to be a walk up option next season etc when I don't see anyone who has said that there shouldn't be one (assuming we don't fill the stadium with season ticket holders).

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Are people seriously suggesting that we should not sell season tickets at a certain point in order to ensure there's an option for people to buy a walk up ticket?
    Most teams do put a cap on season ticket numbers. Not so many in Scotland because most of the stadia are too big relative to the potential crowds to make it necessary.

I would suspect that 17,500 might be a figure to set a cap at for Easter Road.

If Hibs get anywhere near that, then maybe it's time to consider filling in two corners?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Petrie has always maintained that there would be tickets available for walk ups for the reasons given above - not everyone can afford one or commit to one and he doesn’t want people who might want to go to the odd game to miss out.

He was right years ago when he said it and the board, I would imagine, will now hold that view too.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Petrie has always maintained that there would be tickets available for walk ups for the reasons given above - not everyone can afford one or commit to one and he doesn’t want people who might want to go to the odd game to miss out.

He was right years ago when he said it and the board, I would imagine, will now hold that view too.
    I realise that we won't ever have to make such a decision, but I really don't understand that logic.

Would Hibs really refuse to sell me a season ticket to protect someone who doesn't go regularly?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Harsh as it may seem, I wouldn't ring fence any seats for walk ups. We should sell as many ST as is possible. If we ever come to a point where the three stands are sold out then we have a category B season ticket for the South, continuing to give Hearts the full end.
    At the old White Hart Lane, every last seat was sold as a season and they had a waiting list of something like 30,000. So the only way to see your side was to wait for someone to die and free up a seat.
    Many Spurs fans have only just got to see their team for the first time this season with them being at Wembley.

If you have renewed is it same card as last season or are new ones being sent out

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    If you have renewed is it same card as last season or are new ones being sent out
    Same card

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

I've been a Hibs fan for 56 years, have spent a small fortune in the Hibs Shop, both online and in person---I have 12 tops, half a dozen mugs, every DVD/video issued in the last 15 years, a whole shelf full of books. Nut I live in Canada and have only managed about 10 games in the last 30 years. I can understand wanting as much income from ST's as possible, but there must be a lot of people like me who would miss out.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNB Hibby View Post
    I've been a Hibs fan for 56 years, have spent a small fortune in the Hibs Shop, both online and in person---I have 12 tops, half a dozen mugs, every DVD/video issued in the last 15 years, a whole shelf full of books. Nut I live in Canada and have only managed about 10 games in the last 30 years. I can understand wanting as much income from ST's as possible, but there must be a lot of people like me who would miss out.
    The alternative would be to force folk who want to go every week to miss out.

Anyway, there's not even a remote chance that it will happen.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Same card
    Thanks for replying

This thread has degenerated into a typical pointless Hibs-net hypothetical argument rather like the stupid 'who would you watch if Hibs were on TV in a cup final at the same time as Scotland in a world cup match. Like that's ever going to happen?

It is not likely that Hibs will have to think about capping season tickets sales in the forseeable future. Before that decision had to be taken, Hibs would have options to increase capacity.

Certainly most, if not all, the top EPL clubs do cap season ticket sales because they value expanding the (world wide) support base. This is generally not appreciated by supporters who see it as making space for tourists.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Thanks for replying
    No worries!
    I have raised this with the HIbs TO, said they would send out a reminder. Obviously hasn’t gone out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    At the old White Hart Lane, every last seat was sold as a season and they had a waiting list of something like 30,000. So the only way to see your side was to wait for someone to die and free up a seat.
    Many Spurs fans have only just got to see their team for the first time this season with them being at Wembley.

Untrue.... Spurs only had around 22k ST holders at WHL in a 36k capacity stadium.

There is far more (for a club and spurs know this) value for a club to sell X amount of single match tickets.
    A ST holder ain't going to visit club shop very often, a day tripping fan would.
    Also.... Spurs charged £50 per season ish to be on that ST waiting list, they had 70k on this list last season.
    Next season at new stadium they are capping ST's at 42k in a 62k stadium capacity, away fans will only get 3.5k ish.

Cheers
    Mr Lix

Quote Originally Posted by Lix View Post
    Untrue.... Spurs only had around 22k ST holders at WHL in a 36k capacity stadium.

There is far more (for a club and spurs know this) value for a club to sell X amount of single match tickets.
    A ST holder ain't going to visit club shop very often, a day tripping fan would.
    Also.... Spurs charged £50 per season ish to be on that ST waiting list, they had 70k on this list last season.
    Next season at new stadium they are capping ST's at 42k in a 62k stadium capacity, away fans will only get 3.5k ish.

Cheers
    Mr Lix
    Sounds like they should have been more concerned with fitting more seats than glass tunnels and sliding pitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers
    Mr Lix
    Levy is a smart man. He's playing a much more intelligent long-ball game that the blatant EPL money grabbers. He's built a modern stadium totally designed for football supporting and he's making it accessible to multiple fans, rather than simply those who can afford to buy an ST. Yes, it's still ruthless profiteering, but it's enlightened ruthless profiteering, and I think it'll work. It'll leave Spurs with a strong, loyal fan base when the money leaves the EPL (as it eventually will) and the glory hunters that follow the other big clubs melt away onto the next media fad.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Harsh as it may seem, I wouldn't ring fence any seats for walk ups. We should sell as many ST as is possible. If we ever come to a point where the three stands are sold out then we have a category B season ticket for the South, continuing to give Hearts the full end.
    Oh Christ. Absolute rot. Is this Chas or is it Dave?

Cheers
    Mr Lix
    70 000 people paying £50 to be on the waiting list is insane, and an absolute con. Surely their bumper TV deal makes that unnecessary .

Im very jealous that beavertown are opening a bar and micro brewery in their new stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Sounds like they should have been more concerned with fitting more seats than glass tunnels and sliding pitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whilst I'd normally agree with you, Spurs are building a stadium with thats gonna be like no other from a fans perspective. Everything, the facilities, wether it's glass tunnel cheese room to a normal fans 900quid ST gonna be top notch.
    They've done survey after survey for last few years as to what us fans want... They appear to be delivering no matter the cost.

What's wrong with building a stadium that can be used more than football once a week? Retractable grass pitch to reveal a synthetic pitch will allow a hole hosts of events. Makes financial sense.

As for tunnel club at 20k per season, why jot if folk want to spend that, I would if I won the lottery!

Cheers
    Mr Lix

Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    70 000 people paying £50 to be on the waiting list is insane, and an absolute con. Surely their bumper TV deal makes that unnecessary .

Im very jealous that beavertown are opening a bar and micro brewery in their new stadium.
    Yeah, 70k, insane...but I'm sure we'd love Hibs to have similar levels of support wanting to come along.

I'm very much looking forward to drinking beavertown pre match.

Cheers
    Mr Lix

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Levy is a smart man. He's playing a much more intelligent long-ball game that the blatant EPL money grabbers. He's built a modern stadium totally designed for football supporting and he's making it accessible to multiple fans, rather than simply those who can afford to buy an ST. Yes, it's still ruthless profiteering, but it's enlightened ruthless profiteering, and I think it'll work. It'll leave Spurs with a strong, loyal fan base when the money leaves the EPL (as it eventually will) and the glory hunters that follow the other big clubs melt away onto the next media fad.
    I agree with all your points.

Cheers
    Mr Lix

I agree with all your points.

Cheers
    Mr Lix
    You and Mrs Lix still season ticket holders at Hibs?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You and Mrs Lix still season ticket holders at Hibs?
    Yes we are indeed, Won't ever give them up dispite that how little we are able to travel up. Thankfully our non ST holding mates have come back out the woodwork to use them when we can't.

Cheers
    Mr Lix

Cheers
    Mr Lix
    Spurs have a waiting list for a season ticket of 70,000? That is absolutely mental if true.