hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    No point comparing our sales to those of Hearts.

Mind that we give thousands away for free, have thousands more cheating the concession system and no one else will renew when Lennon, McGinn and Allan all leave.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where would we lose them to exactly? It’s amazing how some of the biggest teams in football survive with their waiting lists for season tickets.
    We’re here to grow the Hibs fan base. That why we sell kids tickets at £25, to get them into Hibs, and hopefully for the long term too!
    We’re not at the stage yet where we need waiting lists, just need as many Hibs fans as possibly to attend games

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Mind that we give thousands away for free, have thousands more cheating the concession system and no one else will renew when Lennon, McGinn and Allan all leave.
    Even less once we enter administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Mikey thought these seats were going to Corporate
    Not until season 19/20. We got out while there was a decent alternative, otherwise we would have stayed for another season.

It looks like they'll be premium pricing seats, rather than corporate, when it happens. There's been no final decision on that yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Not until season 19/20. We got out while there was a decent alternative, otherwise we would have stayed for another season.

It looks like they'll be premium pricing seats, rather than corporate, when it happens. There's been no final decision on that yet though.
    So similar to what they are charging in West Lower I presume

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    We’re here to grow the Hibs fan base. That why we sell kids tickets at £25, to get them into Hibs, and hopefully for the long term too!
    We’re not at the stage yet where we need waiting lists, just need as many Hibs fans as possibly to attend games
    Again I disagree, we’re here to win football games and hopefully silverware. To do so we need to maximise our income to give the management team the greatest resources possible to building a winning team. If we are successful a by product of that will be a growing fan base.

I agree that we are not at the waiting list stage yet but we would be a lot closer to that stage if we put a cap on season tickets. What we’d end up with is a number of fans (including kids) who wish to commit to supporting the club at every home game, unable to do so in order to favour those who wish to pick and chose their games.

So similar to what they are charging in West Lower I presume
    I would think so, but with a season ticket option too. We have 2 very young kids in our group so shelling out fortunes for them just now isn't worthwhile.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Don't think you have to keep any tickets for walk ups.
    It makes it very difficult for the ones that can't afford season tickets then but also a no win position for the club .

It's just incredible we are having a conversation about No seats being available this early in pre season.

Imagine a couple of good announcements and watch the remaining seats go fast ..

Great being a hibby just now

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Hibs should approach it now saying..

Only 1500 seats left available to sell in 3 home stands - don’t miss out!

Introduce a countdown and make it the first time we have sold out all 3 stands with Season Tickets
    That idea I like very much

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    When I win the lottery that family section in the FFL is gone in favour of safe standing, same with the South lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    It makes it very difficult for the ones that can't afford season tickets then but also a no win position for the club .
    Is this not what the seat release process is for?

Cool

We have sold approx 12,750 season tickets and according to JKB the wee team are sitting at about 12,250
    We sold 500 less than them last season so there has been a 1000 swing towards us this season.

Both clubs have sold to the diehards and had the bounce of the beginning of the general sales.

None of the clubs have made any big signings.

Can see the present gap being maintained with them eventually selling 13,500 and us selling 14,000 .

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    We have sold approx 12,750 season tickets and according to JKB the wee team are sitting at about 12,250
    We sold 500 less than them last season so there has been a 1000 swing towards us this season.

Both clubs have sold to the diehards and had the bounce of the beginning of the general sales.

None of the clubs have made any big signings.

Can see the present gap being maintained with them eventually selling 13,500 and us selling 14,000 .
    We started selling STs earlier than them I think. Will probably be close.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    But we should
    I can't imagine that we'd refuse someone a season ticket and tell them to buy their tickets every fortnight.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Again I disagree, we’re here to win football games and hopefully silverware. To do so we need to maximise our income to give the management team the greatest resources possible to building a winning team. If we are successful a by product of that will be a growing fan base.

I agree that we are not at the waiting list stage yet but we would be a lot closer to that stage if we put a cap on season tickets. What we’d end up with is a number of fans (including kids) who wish to commit to supporting the club at every home game, unable to do so in order to favour those who wish to pick and chose their games.
    Double edged sword though. You also discourage new people attending who may go and support another club if ER becomes a "closed shop".

We need to build a big new San Siro at Straiton

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Double edged sword though. You also discourage new people attending who may go and support another club if ER becomes a "closed shop".

We need to build a big new San Siro at Straiton
    Another club like Hearts or the old firm you mean?

I’d rather give the seat to someone wanting to become a season ticket holder rather than keep it free for a fan who may change allegiance if they can’t get a ticket when they choose to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

That stuff doesn't bother me ... its the absolute fact that every penny the fans spend goes straight into Farmer's pocket

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    We started selling STs earlier than them I think. Will probably be close.
    We did but it isn't an issue.

Phase 1. is existing season ticket holders renewing.
    We began this phase earlier but importantly gave those supporters a longer period of time to purchase than Hearts.
    After this phase we were ahead at almost 11,900 to Hearts 11,400.

Phase 2. is the general sale. Hearts began theirs well before us and naturally overtook us going to 12,000 sales whilst we had sold just under 12,000
    Last week we began the general sale phase and by Monday had sold over 12,500. I estimate we have sold another 250 since.
    Hearts have been selling about 15 a day for weeks now and will be sitting at about 12,250.

Phase 3. for both teams there are folks waiting to see who their team signs or loses before committing.
    We have the initiative kicks for kids which will purchase 150-200 season tickets.
    Finally both teams have the folks who always purchase at the last minute.

In conclusion i think both teams will sell another 1,250 each and we will be the big team
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 10-06-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Seems to be a few people getting their knockers in a twist about what we'll do when we've sold the whole of the home end as STs.

Considering how unlikely that is, I wouldn't worry too much about it,

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Seems to be a few people getting their knockers in a twist about what we'll do when we've sold the whole of the home end as STs.

Considering how unlikely that is, I wouldn't worry too much about it,
    I’ve not seen anybody getting their ‘knockers’ in a twist here, just people discussing their different viewpoints in civil manner. This place would be a pretty boring message board if nobody ever discussed hypothetical situations.

Also, the discussion wasn’t about what we'll do when we've sold the whole of the home end as STs, the discussion was about putting a cap on season tickets to prevent this ever happening.

I’ve not seen anybody getting their ‘knockers’ in a twist here, just people discussing their different viewpoints in civil manner. This place would be a pretty boring message board if nobody ever discussed hypothetical situations.

Also, the discussion wasn’t about what we'll do when we've sold the whole of the home end as STs, the discussion was about putting a cap on season tickets to prevent this ever happening.
    Exactly, we all think we have a valid point/points to make, and it’s called a discussion
    At the end of the day, we all just want the best for Hibs

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Put it this way if you don't get a season ticket you are unlikely to see hibs play at home.

Does anyone know is there a rule about must have a certain number available for walk ups

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    We wont be anywhere near that scenario, a nice thought though.

Another club like Hearts or the old firm you mean?

I’d rather give the seat to someone wanting to become a season ticket holder rather than keep it free for a fan who may change allegiance if they can’t get a ticket when they choose to attend.
    Maybe I should have explained that by "new" people I meant people who have no ties club to any club - yet.

If there was no walk up availability, all that would happen is that STs would be shared by people unable to attend with friends or family, plus we now have the release your seat option. Everyone who wants to get in will be able to.

There will always be walk availability in the south stand. No need to cap season tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Still think we should fill in the corners. Maybe not with seats, but it surely can’t be that huge an outlay to fill them up right to the top with advertising/screens etc.

Still think we should fill in the corners. Maybe not with seats, but it surely can’t be that huge an outlay to fill them up right to the top with advertising/screens etc.
    How's about standing areas?

I said to one of the commercial staff, that the board between the FF and East should be double the size. Would keep even more sound in, and they could sell advertising space to pay for it
    Let’s see if anyone takes it up

I said to one of the commercial staff, that the board between the FF and East should be double the size. Would keep even more sound in, and they could sell advertising space to pay for it
    Let’s see if anyone takes it up
    I’d put them in every corner.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    IMHO we still have to cater for walk up fans. Plenty Hibs fans out there can’t afford a season ticket especially if they have kids. We have to make space available for those fans.