hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless we had 16,600season tickets there is no need to set a cap. Thats the point where the South Stand seats come in to play. The walk ups will probably only be made available in that section from now on. Even then we could still sell STs in there because we can squeeze the away support further down to 800
    It won't be 16,600 cap - as that figure would include Hospitality places. More likely to be 14-15k especially given that it sounds as though Hibs want to reclaim the Hospitality seats in FFU.
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    It won't be 16,600 cap - as that figure would include Hospitality places. More likely to be 14-15k especially given that it sounds as though Hibs want to reclaim the Hospitality seats in FFU.
    ...but then the walk ups could be accommodated in the corners😉

@hibs.net private member
    Email from Hibs today said passed 12500 and heading to 13000.

Done a quick dot count and get 1727 seats left.
    Looking good for a bumper total 😀

Quote Originally Posted by DCHIbee View Post
    Email from Hibs today said passed 12500 and heading to 13000.

Done a quick dot count and get 1727 seats left.
    Looking good for a bumper total 😀
    I did one last night and identified 1703 seats available.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

If this keeps going then its looking good to half the away allocation in the South stand for all teams except Hearts and possibly even have ST or Half ST holders in the South!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    If this keeps going then its looking good to half the away allocation in the South stand for all teams except Hearts and possibly even have ST or Half ST holders in the South!
    Half season ticket in the South Stand is a no-brainer. Hibs have done so in the past. I had one for a year or two before the East was redeveloped.

Full season tickets in the South is a different matter unless there were specific provisions to relocated them to other areas for Hearts matches and maybe Celtic as well. Hibs will only go down that route if they are convinced they can sell out the other three stands for all Category A matches even in midweek.

There are still 1,500 to 1,800 tickets available to sell in the East, West and FF Stands.

Stopping that sale of £25 season tickets is the only way to prevent that.

Many will buy them for a child who is unable to attend all matches, particularly mid-week.

It hasn't been an issue previously as there were always plenty of gaps even for Hearts and OF matches.

They have gone some way to resolving this by banning upgrades from the Family section.
    When did they announce they were banning upgrades in the family section??
    I am doing everything i can to get my wee girl interested in going, especially now that i'm seperated from my ex and no longer live full time with my kids. She isnt really interested, but i buy her a ticket to sit with myself and my two sons. I'm lucky if she goes twice a season but i dont ever want to be in a position to say to her she cant come.
    In her absence i always make sure that 1 of a few mates of mine (who can only make 1 out of every 2/3 games upgrades her seat to an adult (they only get 2 quid off the cost) so at least the seat aint going to waste.
    If Hibs dont allow me to upgrade the seat then i will still be inclined to get her the ticket cause i am forever hopeful that she will want to come, but i guess it means the seat is now more likely to go to waste.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    I am doing everything i can to get my wee girl interested in going, especially now that i'm seperated from my ex and no longer live full time with my kids. She isnt really interested, but i buy her a ticket to sit with myself and my two sons. I'm lucky if she goes twice a season but i dont ever want to be in a position to say to her she cant come.
    In her absence i always make sure that 1 of a few mates of mine (who can only make 1 out of every 2/3 games upgrades her seat to an adult (they only get 2 quid off the cost) so at least the seat aint going to waste.
    If Hibs dont allow me to upgrade the seat then i will still be inclined to get her the ticket cause i am forever hopeful that she will want to come, but i guess it means the seat is now more likely to go to waste.

Think its from the start of next season, its a fairly common scam. Buy a £25 ST, chance your arm at the turnstiles every other week and if caught you upgrade it or say your kids away in with his mate already and you must have given them your adult one by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Think its from the start of next season, its a fairly common scam. Buy a £25 ST, chance your arm at the turnstiles every other week and if caught you upgrade it or say your kids away in with his mate already and you must have given them your adult one by accident.
    Nah, they stopped that a couple of seasons back by having the different colour lights on the inside to stop folk using kids tickets but still allowed the upgrade. Cant see what the problem is if people are paying the difference and the seat is getting used.

@hibs.net private member
    They are only stopping upgrades on match day... hopefully ur wee one will let u know with some notice if she wants to attend or not and you can upgrade early.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Would be a nice predicament to be in having to make a decision on the dunbar end because the rest is more or less sold out .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It appears the Gorgie tramps with the wee stadium are struggling to sell much more than 12,000 season tickets. Wee team wee ground

Hibs should approach it now saying..

Only 1500 seats left available to sell in 3 home stands - don’t miss out!

Introduce a countdown and make it the first time we have sold out all 3 stands with Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It appears the Gorgie tramps with the wee stadium are struggling to sell much more than 12,000 season tickets. Wee team wee ground
    Who cares. Lets focus on Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Hibs should approach it now saying..

Only 1500 seats left available to sell in 3 home stands - don’t miss out!

Introduce a countdown and make it the first time we have sold out all 3 stands with Season Tickets
    Spot on.

Is the c£12k an official announcement? Was expecting them not to say anything if they were behind us.

Considering the number of players they've brought in and that we've not brought in anyone yet, we compare very favourably with them. Their response to our good numbers is usually along the lines of "Yeah but Hibs have been selling theirs for 2 months longer", which I've just checked now to see it was only 20 days. 1st March vs 21st March. It is a laughable argument because any Hearts fan that would've bought a ST between 1st and 20th March would have bought it at the beginning of their sales campaign, unless they've been somewhere without internet access since then, like Mars.

After the general sales periods have been going a couple of weeks then it is down to getting good signings to get a boost in sales. The Jambos are desperate for 2 or 3 of their key loan players to return and we'll get a good boost if Kamberi and Scotty sign, let alone anyone else. Plus we should get a boost if we get through our Europa League tie and both will get a wee boost just before the season kicks off.
    Last edited by 007; 10-06-2018 at 09:04 AM.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    "desperate for 2 or 3 of their key loan players to return" isn't a phrase I thought we would use about any other team this summer.

Great to hear us approaching the 13k mark, 14k would be a great, and attainable, achievement.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Put it this way if you don't get a season ticket you are unlikely to see hibs play at home.

Does anyone know is there a rule about must have a certain number available for walk ups

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    They are only stopping upgrades on match day... hopefully ur wee one will let u know with some notice if she wants to attend or not and you can upgrade early.
    Cheers.
    That makes it slightly better than not at all. Though knowing how quickly 9 year olds change their minds it still could potentially be a bit of a pain.
    Was there an official announcement about this change in policy? I've tried looking on the fishy site but couldnt see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Put it this way if you don't get a season ticket you are unlikely to see hibs play at home.

Does anyone know is there a rule about must have a certain number available for walk ups

Don't think you have to keep any tickets for walk ups.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Don't think you have to keep any tickets for walk ups.
    But we should

Cheers.
    That makes it slightly better than not at all. Though knowing how quickly 9 year olds change their minds it still could potentially be a bit of a pain.
    Was there an official announcement about this change in policy? I've tried looking on the fishy site but couldnt see anything.
    Hopefully the club will implement the online option to release season tickets that was tested a couple of times recently. You could release it then purchase it straight away for one of your mates. If they don't introduce it, you should be able to ask the ticket office to release it then your mate next up at the ticket office window can buy it.

For the first time ever I gave serious consideration to getting a season ticket, but I'd want to have seats beside me for my son and daughter. However I can't justify it as I can never go to more than five or six games a season plus the odd away game and they're in a similar position and I don't want to see 'our' seats empty.

For that reason we'll continue to be walk-ups and have to take our chance.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    But we should
    I disagree. Hibs should maximise their income, sell all available seats as a season ticket for £400 instead of keeping it free incase a walk up decides to come to a couple of games a season

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I disagree. Hibs should maximise their income, sell all available seats as a season ticket for £400 instead of keeping it free incase a walk up decides to come to a couple of games a season
    So we’ll lose a lot of fans, like Pointer above

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Absolutely it's a no brainer.

If people are going to give us guaranteed income for a full season through a season ticket then that has to be given priority over someone who might or might not attend on any given weekend.

It's unlikely to be a problem anyway as I can't see us selling every single seat in the home end to season ticket holders.

3 stands for ST

South stand for walk ups including old firm.

Derby - seat release activated

Simple

There will be some double counting going on here.

We're moving from the FF Upper to FF Lower and both sets of seats are still blanked out. Once the ticket office process it there will be another 5 seats available in the FF Upper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    There will be some double counting going on here.

We're moving from the FF Upper to FF Lower and both sets of seats are still blanked out. Once the ticket office process it there will be another 5 seats available in the FF Upper.
    Mikey thought these seats were going to Corporate

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Where would we lose them to exactly? It’s amazing how some of the biggest teams in football survive with their waiting lists for season tickets.