hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we have sold 12,000 by this point 14,000 must be a reasonable target with two months to go until the league season starts. Even with 1,500 available in the south that's only 3,500 for walk ups .... every chance we could top last season's average attendance in 18/19 which would be amazing.

If this trade war kicks off Chinese and European steel is going to be cheap as chips as they try to offload it wherever they can ... the last time that happened we built a £4,000,000 stand for £3,000,000 .......If this upturn in crowds continues into the season after next for all that LD said stadium redevelopment wasn't on the agenda rising crowds and falling steel prices are the perfect conditions in which to do it and if its ever going to happen, which it surely must, that would be the time ...... northeast corner anyone?
    I agree and make it a standing area for the singing section, they would fill that no problem.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    13,500 season tickets now sold for next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seriously? That’s phenomenal

13,500 season tickets now sold for next season.

Source? Hope you're right but I honestly find that hard to believe

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...mpression=true

Actually, having re read it, it’s possible it’s referring to last season?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Yes, those are last season's figures.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Wow! If this carries on we will need to limit the amount of season tickets to allow fans who can’t get one to see matches.
    That's a dilemma I never thought I would see Hibs have to face in my lifetime ... the very thought 3 years ago would have got you sectioned

But in all seriousness it could be a real problem. We could happily chug along and sell the whole ground to ST holders, but IMO it is vital that we have scope to cater for walk ups .... not everybody can afford a season ticket ( that was me for many years ) and not everybody can commit to the 18 or 19 home games for a variety of reasons .... Both camps include many enthusiastic Hibs fans I would imagine and to make them feel excluded would not be good for us as a support or Hibs as a club.

IMO if we were to hit the 14,000 mark we would have a serious question to ask about whether or not to stop ST sales at that point. It would also start to make the responsibility for ST holders who cant attend to let the club know they can release their seat for re sale far more of a thing.

It will also bring sharply into focus the swathes of empty seats in the FF lower at most home games .... we all know Hibs are already asking questions about this themselves and if we have folk who couldn't get a ticket for say Hibs v Aberdeen watching the game on the telly and seeing 2 or 3 hundred gaps in that part of the stadium you could understand why they wouldn't be best pleased.

Just read it and the figures quoted are for last season. The average attendance of 18,100 gives it away.
    You had us going though .

That's a dilemma I never thought I would see Hibs have to face in my lifetime ... the very thought 3 years ago would have got you sectioned

But in all seriousness it could be a real problem. We could happily chug along and sell the whole ground to ST holders, but IMO it is vital that we have scope to cater for walk ups .... not everybody can afford a season ticket ( that was me for many years ) and not everybody can commit to the 18 or 19 home games for a variety of reasons .... Both camps include many enthusiastic Hibs fans I would imagine and to make them feel excluded would not be good for us as a support or Hibs as a club.

IMO if we were to hit the 14,000 mark we would have a serious question to ask about whether or not to stop ST sales at that point. It would also start to make the responsibility for ST holders who cant attend to let the club know they can release their seat for re sale far more of a thing.

It will also bring sharply into focus the swathes of empty seats in the FF lower at most home games .... we all know Hibs are already asking questions about this themselves and if we have folk who couldn't get a ticket for say Hibs v Aberdeen watching the game on the telly and seeing 2 or 3 hundred gaps in that part of the stadium you could understand why they wouldn't be best pleased.
    Hopefully the trial of the online season ticket holders' seat release option at the end of last season was deemed by the club as a success and they fully implement it for the coming season.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    My info was on Friday at 5pm we had sold just under 12,000 but crossed that figure on Saturday morning.

I think we will just hit the 14,000 mark this season.
    I don't think this will cause a massive issue for walk ups but should be an alert to the club to make a real effort sort out the empty seat issue in the FF Lower. Even for matches against Celtic, Rangers, Hearts & Aberdeen there are always at least 50 empty seats in that small area, which is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I think we will just hit the 14,000 mark this season.
    I don't think this will cause a massive issue for walk ups but should be an alert to the club to make a real effort sort out the empty seat issue in the FF Lower. Even for matches against Celtic, Rangers, Hearts & Aberdeen there are always at least 50 empty seats in that small area, which is just wrong.
    Stopping that sale of £25 season tickets is the only way to prevent that.

Many will buy them for a child who is unable to attend all matches, particularly mid-week.

It hasn't been an issue previously as there were always plenty of gaps even for Hearts and OF matches.

They have gone some way to resolving this by banning upgrades from the Family section.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    My info was on Friday at 5pm we had sold just under 12,000 but crossed that figure on Saturday morning.
    According to kickback they have sold 12,123, so i suspect we have surged past them from the opening of the general sale on Saturday.
    Probably sitting at 12,500.
    Officially the BIG team

Just read it and the figures quoted are for last season. The average attendance of 18,100 gives it away.
    You had us going though .
    In my defence I was at a wedding last night and may have over indulged and my brain is working at half speed today.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    According to kickback they have sold 12,123, so i suspect we have surged past them from the opening of the general sale on Saturday.
    Probably sitting at 12,500.
    Officially the BIG team
    If we say we have sold 12,456 they will come back with they've sold 12,789.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    If we say we have sold 12,456 they will come back with they've sold 12,789.

More likely to tell us they have sold 12,551

@hibs.net private member
    I'd be surprised and a bit disappointed if we don't sell more STs than last season. It's going to be difficult to get tickets for the big games without one. You will probably need a ST to get a ticket for Hampden games too.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    I'd be surprised and a bit disappointed if we don't sell more STs than last season. It's going to be difficult to get tickets for the big games without one. You will probably need a ST to get a ticket for Hampden games too.
    Certainly will need one for our away European game(s) and if we get drawn against a big name at Easter Road it will be a mad scramble for walk-up tickets as I would imagine very few season ticket holders won't take up their option on a ticket.

@hibs.net private member
    Was told we have sold just under 12,500 as of late today.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Stopping that sale of £25 season tickets is the only way to prevent that.

Many will buy them for a child who is unable to attend all matches, particularly mid-week.

It hasn't been an issue previously as there were always plenty of gaps even for Hearts and OF matches.

They have gone some way to resolving this by banning upgrades from the Family section.
    Hand in hand with preventing the upgrades I wonder if the club might offer a FF ST ‘amnesty’ - i.e whereby anyone who bought a ST solely with upgrading it in mind is offered a refund of their £25. I guess that would only really be attractive if they indicated that such STs will only get you a child’s ticket for away games / trips to Hampden - I think a good number would still hold on to the season ticket as an insurance policy for getting a ticket for those matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Hand in hand with preventing the upgrades I wonder if the club might offer a FF ST ‘amnesty’ - i.e whereby anyone who bought a ST solely with upgrading it in mind is offered a refund of their £25. I guess that would only really be attractive if they indicated that such STs will only get you a child’s ticket for away games / trips to Hampden - I think a good number would still hold on to the season ticket as an insurance policy for getting a ticket for those matches.
    Should not be entitled to £25 back anyway as the adult ticket is reduced in price, you effectively get two seats for the price of one. The second seat is a child seat. According to some folk there is no preventing upgrades in place, only preventing you from upgrading on the day of the match

Why would you cap season ticket sales at 14,000 just to accommodate someone that may or may not walk up and pay at the gate?

Surely you want as much upfront and as many committed to every game as possible.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Why would you cap season ticket sales at 14,000 just to accommodate someone that may or may not walk up and pay at the gate?

Surely you want as much upfront and as many committed to every game as possible.
    Thing is every year there will be fans who can’t renew for some reason. We need to keep space for new ‘recruits ‘. I personally know of 4 first time season ticket holders, two of whom moved up from England last year. If we don’t keep space for pay at the gate fans we will never attract new fans and lose fans who can’t get a season ticket over time. By the way a great problem to have.

Thing is every year there will be fans who can’t renew for some reason. We need to keep space for new ‘recruits ‘. I personally know of 4 first time season ticket holders, two of whom moved up from England last year. If we don’t keep space for pay at the gate fans we will never attract new fans and lose fans who can’t get a season ticket over time. By the way a great problem to have.
    Doubt it’ll ever get to that. We’d need circa 15000 season ticket holders before nobody else was getting in. Still a good bit from that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Doubt it’ll ever get to that. We’d need circa 15000 season ticket holders before nobody else was getting in. Still a good bit from that.
    Probably agree with you however the conversation started when it was rumoured we had sold 13,000 already.

Think we need to max out as many season tickets as we can whilst we’re experiencing this purple patch.

Lose some key staff eg Lennon or Dempster, go through a bad spell of results and we could be back struggling again, we need to make as much as we can whilst we can.

If we were to totally sell out season tickets and had a quality team on the park, getting results, we’d have no problem attracting new fans and replacing future season ticket holders that don’t renew.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Think we need to max out as many season tickets as we can whilst we’re experiencing this purple patch.

Lose some key staff eg Lennon or Dempster, go through a bad spell of results and we could be back struggling again, we need to make as much as we can whilst we can.

If we were to totally sell out season tickets and had a quality team on the park, getting results, we’d have no problem attracting new fans and replacing future season ticket holders that don’t renew.
    I agree. Some clubs have waiting lists for season tickets and walk ups are restricted to seats which are handed back by ST holders who can't make a particular game.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Even then, the club has already shown it will cut away allocations to satisfy Hibs' demand. The only exception would be the derby if they stick to the full stand arrangement with Hearts.

Unless we had 16,600season tickets there is no need to set a cap. Thats the point where the South Stand seats come in to play. The walk ups will probably only be made available in that section from now on. Even then we could still sell STs in there because we can squeeze the away support further down to 800

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Even then, the club has already shown it will cut away allocations to satisfy Hibs' demand. The only exception would be the derby if they stick to the full stand arrangement with Hearts.

Strange as it might seem, I hope they do, and that Hearts do likewise.

It wouldn't be the same if the away fans in a derby consisted of two section of the South Lower