hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surprised at the negativity towards the games on this thread, not dissimalar to WM. Hard to commentate from a studio but aye, they were both poor. Close to Everest 😂

From a Scotland fan's perspective I thought that it was great to see us play in Mexico and Peru. Only footage of these kind of games in the past is very grainy. Shame not to have a proper squad to have a go at it but good to see fringe players like Russell, Paterson and McKenna do well along with potential future stars like McBurnie (thought he was great in Mexico in a role he'll grow into). The flip of that is we saw McLean, Christie and a few others aren't quite there. Shinnie grew into the game but McLean, who stars and pulls strings for Aberdeen, was anonymous.

For those that won't be capped again, what an experience and pride. You try telling Lewis Stevenson, Scott Bain or Graeme Shinnie that their caps meant nothing.

Folk are moaning that the players hardly had any caps - how do you think the likes of McGinn, Paterson, McKenna, McBurnie, Phillips and co build their international experience? They need to play games and sample different environments.

Those moaning that players will be tired and need a rest - how are we ever going to compete at a tournament if our players can't run in June?

Mexico pummelled us but there were a few occasions where we did knock it about quite well including the good mcburnie chance.

From a Hibs perspective I thought it was great to see DM and JM as Scotland's centre mids and I don't think I've ever been prouder of a Hibs player than Lewis. Whatever the reasons.

And of course the main reason was that it bagged the SFA a load of money that hopefully they invest well.

Despite the results I really don't see a negative of the trip that outweighs a positive.

Alba go bragh and all that.
    Well said.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Wrong language bud.

It's Alba gu brath in Scottish Gaelic

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Well said.
    Nice one.
    Much better than a friendly in Eastern Europe.

Blog Entries
    From a relation who lives in Mexico City, the Scottish players were out on the lash on Friday before the match on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    From a relation who lives in Mexico City, the Scottish players were out on the lash on Friday before the match on Saturday.
    im sure they were

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Wrong language bud.

It's Alba gu brath in Scottish Gaelic
    😄

Aye well, I'll hang back on the tattoo!

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Surprised at the negativity towards the games on this thread, not dissimalar to WM. Hard to commentate from a studio but aye, they were both poor. Close to Everest 😂

From a Scotland fan's perspective I thought that it was great to see us play in Mexico and Peru. Only footage of these kind of games in the past is very grainy. Shame not to have a proper squad to have a go at it but good to see fringe players like Russell, Paterson and McKenna do well along with potential future stars like McBurnie (thought he was great in Mexico in a role he'll grow into). The flip of that is we saw McLean, Christie and a few others aren't quite there. Shinnie grew into the game but McLean, who stars and pulls strings for Aberdeen, was anonymous.

For those that won't be capped again, what an experience and pride. You try telling Lewis Stevenson, Scott Bain or Graeme Shinnie that their caps meant nothing.

Folk are moaning that the players hardly had any caps - how do you think the likes of McGinn, Paterson, McKenna, McBurnie, Phillips and co build their international experience? They need to play games and sample different environments.

Those moaning that players will be tired and need a rest - how are we ever going to compete at a tournament if our players can't run in June?

Mexico pummelled us but there were a few occasions where we did knock it about quite well including the good mcburnie chance.

From a Hibs perspective I thought it was great to see DM and JM as Scotland's centre mids and I don't think I've ever been prouder of a Hibs player than Lewis. Whatever the reasons.

And of course the main reason was that it bagged the SFA a load of money that hopefully they invest well.

Despite the results I really don't see a negative of the trip that outweighs a positive.

Excellent points.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rossevenil View Post
    The most annoying thing about Miller was his inability to say anything negative about any of the Aberdeen players! Nobody had a great game and all looked to be struggling but Shinnie and Mckenna were nothing special while Christie and Maclean ( i hardly realised they were on the pitch) were downright awful,yet all he does is highlight other players mistakes,but not a word when either of those 2 were subbed at how crap they had been and brought nothing to the game.
    Agree with that the sheep blinkers were on. McLean and Christie a waste of a shirt. Dylan gave the ball away but to me was the only midfielder brave enough to take it. Great experience for the group imo.