hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was a win/win for us. We get to see the lad play in a World Cup if he did get any minutes on the park and get to enjoy it, but now he hasn't played he's not on the radar of anyone new.
    And he’ll be fitter than most of our boys, as he’s been training everyday

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    It was a win/win for us. We get to see the lad play in a World Cup if he did get any minutes on the park and get to enjoy it, but now he hasn't played he's not on the radar of anyone new.

My concern with him is the wage he will take up in our budget, He must be on a pretty packet in germany
    more than we can offer no doubt, so if we want him im assuming(maybe wrongly) that we need to make
    him one fo the top earners.

we badly need more firepower... am still not convinced hes the answer, unless hes taking a serious wage cut
    to come, but there is an argument his hattrick v sevco confirmed we shud snap him up if possible, as he seems
    to lobe edinburgh and hibs..

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby the Hibby View Post
    My concern with him is the wage he will take up in our budget, He must be on a pretty packet in germany
    more than we can offer no doubt, so if we want him im assuming(maybe wrongly) that we need to make

we badly need more firepower... am still not convinced hes the answer, unless hes taking a serious wage cut
    to come, but there is an argument his hattrick v sevco confirmed we shud snap him up if possible, as he seems
    The way him and Kamberi combined was very impressive, Maclaren is still fairly young and would be well worth the wages imo

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby the Hibby View Post

I think that folk (me included) look at Jamie and think he doesn't do much other than score goals

But I also think that that's because folk (me included) don't understand the game well enough to see how a player can influence a game without actually touching the ball, by the positions they adopt and the runs they make and the threat their pace provides, forcing the opponents to adopt different tactics and thereby creating space for others

Even if that last paragraph is utter bollocks, as some will think it is, his goals return alone would make me want us to make every effort to het him if we could :-)

There are other ways off bridging the weekly wage pay gap, win bonuses, goals, assists, appearances, signing on fee ....minimum release clause .....it is interesting with Jamie he can definitely do a job for us, but is there anyone else in the picture ..

Both Kamberi and Maclaren could be very good deals for all parties. A partnership which yields goals for Hibs and potentially big transfer fees. For the players a known partnership that gets them in the shop window for an English club and silly money wages.

Maclaren must see even in his short time at Hibs he has been able to have a profile that got him to the WC.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I think that folk (me included) look at Jamie and think he doesn't do much other than score goals

But I also think that that's because folk (me included) don't understand the game well enough to see how a player can influence a game without actually touching the ball, by the positions they adopt and the runs they make and the threat their pace provides, forcing the opponents to adopt different tactics and thereby creating space for others

Even if that last paragraph is utter bollocks, as some will think it is, his goals return alone would make me want us to make every effort to het him if we could :-)
    I think he contributes far more to the team than just goals. He and Kamberi link up superbly. If he doesn’t come I’d still like to see if Kamberi and Simon Murray could work together.

Could Hearts have done us a favour by bringing a load of his Aussie mates to Edinburgh?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I think he contributes far more to the team than just goals. He and Kamberi link up superbly. If he doesn’t come I’d still like to see if Kamberi and Simon Murray could work together.
    There is Ollie Shaw as well. Knows where the net is and has to make his breakthrough soon.

Blog Entries
    It remains to be seen what effect McLaren’s World Cup inclusion will have on his Darmstadt bosses. As somebody said earlier, he hardly had any opportunity to shine or boost his value. We might get a pleasant surprise and find that the route back to ER is a distinct possibility.