hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On top of being an outstanding footballer, he’s an absolute gentleman off the pitch too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Finest left back I've seen in a Hibs shirt. To think me and my old man wrote him off on his debut against Leeds for being slow and overweight 🙈
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Murphy was tough but classy. Wish I’d seen shades as it seems he is the only left back who could compare.
    I saw the Tornadoes and in my view better than Shades who was solid and bit more pace but Murphy better touch and delivery. Brownlee better than both.

Incredible left back and I loved Schaedler in The Tornadoes too.

I’d say Murphy just pips him as the best left back I’ve seen play for us.

Left by mutual consent!
    He was a player that you could guarantee would turn in at least an 8/10 performance week in week out, can't honestly remember a bad game from him.

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    I saw the Tornadoes and in my view better than Shades who was solid and bit more pace but Murphy better touch and delivery. Brownlee better than both.

Brownlie was just on another level. Greatest young player I’ve ever seen until that horrific leg break. Tragic.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Murph is the only player comes close to Schaedes - but being brought up on the Tornados I would say that. David was a better all round footballer but Erich.... No 1.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    He was a player that you could guarantee would turn in at least an 8/10 performance week in week out, can't honestly remember a bad game from him.
    ...except when Collins put him in midfield against ?.Motherwell? Thought his lack of pace let him down that night.

As a full back, though.....

And my daughter loved his bum......

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

He had the phenomenal ability to tackle a player, take the ball and change direction with the ball at his feet in one seemless action. I’ve not explained that very well but i don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone else do it

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    One of the things that clearly show the disparity in valuations of players just because they play for Celtc or Rangers (as they were at the time), was the difference of the fee for Hutton going to Spurs and Davids move to Birmingham at roughly the same time. Better in defence and waaay better going forward. Still can't believe Hutton went for the money he did

Left by mutual consent!
    Fondly remember his goal at Parkhead when he played a one two with benji and smashed it in. Also scored a nice headed winner versus the Huns at Ibrox.

Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    He was the guy that really could have opened a tin of beans with his left foot. If he ever felt inclined to.