hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennon said a week or 2 back the rumour was nonsense.
    He never really.

That’s what the headline said, his actual words were something along the lines of not wanting to speak about a player contracted to another club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Can you imagine if anyone said anything like that on here? They would be out the door immediately.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Am I the only one who thinks that the above comments are quite tame compared to some of the bile that emanates from them.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Please. Anyone, literally ANYONE but them.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Please. Anyone, literally ANYONE but them.
    Hearts would be worse.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I understand it is speculation but this is a small snapshot of the bile on one of Sevcos forums you really want to represent that? Its not a minority either. If 100 people on here think something I take that as a real indication of the supports as a whole view. They are quite simply horrid.

SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND THE COMMENTS BELOW OFFENSIVE:

"do we not learn this makes Michael O look a saint, a bead rattler who played for us then jumped the dyke then went to **** feeder team who runs about like a bitter bead rattling pape against, no way. "

"Average player and a mickey tramp into the bargain"

"No celtic minded near the team please. Keep the fenians away."

"We need to aim higher and less taigy."

"Creepy tarrier tattie faced *******. Hopefully there is nowt in this"
    Unreal but this is no shock. They must hate Gerrard as well then since he is not sevco minded.

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Re Halliday, you’re in for a big disappointment then !
    Wanting a bet?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Most of these vocal muppets on Sevco forums rant on about taigs, fenians and papists because it’s their historical raison d’etre and are expected to do it. It’s a verbalisation of their veneer of ‘we are the peepul’ lunacy. When push comes to shove most of them are two faced, hypocritical and insincere. When it suits them, for example, when having to accept Catholic players, managers etc. their vocal aggression disappears. The current example of this dilemma is having to accept that their new Messiah has very strong Catholic marriage links. Have you heard a squeak of dissent against him? No and you won’t either, until the inevitable cracks appear in the new season.
    You've overlooked the fact that to them there's a massive difference between a Scottish RC and the ones from other countries. Don't know why but that's how it is.

@hibs.net private member
    From the Record

'Last night a report claimed Dylan McGeouch has emerged as a target for Rangers.

The Sun wrote Steven Gerrard’s assistant Gary McAllister has even made enquires.

But Record Sport understands this is not the case.

Sources close to the out-of-contract Hibs midfielder say he has not been approached.

McGeouch, attracting interest from Blackburn Rovers plus a host of other English Championship sides as well as Aberdeen, is currently in Central America on Scotland duty.Easter Road boss Neil Lennon hasn’t given up hope the 25-year-old will sign another deal in Leith.'

do folk not realise the huns are gonna be after player thats available whether its true or not?

Just had a peek at Rangers Media and as the OP says, the stuff being said on there is appalling but unsurprising. There is however a poster on there called 'Frank De Bear' who is calling them out/winding them up brilliantly. Have a look if you want 5 minutes of joy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    From the Record

'Last night a report claimed Dylan McGeouch has emerged as a target for Rangers.

The Sun wrote Steven Gerrard’s assistant Gary McAllister has even made enquires.

But Record Sport understands this is not the case.

Sources close to the out-of-contract Hibs midfielder say he has not been approached.

McGeouch, attracting interest from Blackburn Rovers plus a host of other English Championship sides as well as Aberdeen, is currently in Central America on Scotland duty.Easter Road boss Neil Lennon hasn’t given up hope the 25-year-old will sign another deal in Leith.'
    I'm actually more concerned now that the Daily Record has said he's not going to them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    You've overlooked the fact that to them there's a massive difference between a Scottish RC and the ones from other countries. Don't know why but that's how it is.
    That’s discrimination for you.

Fairly decent source telling me it’s pretty much a certainty he’s signing for Sevco. Stevie G swings it in their favour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Fairly decent source telling me it’s pretty much a certainty he’s signing for Sevco. Stevie G swings it in their favour.

Wouldn't be surprised, both Celtic and Sevco want to be us. Statistics show that a player's odds of going to either of them after they have played for Hibs go up by 403%.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I understand it is speculation but this is a small snapshot of the bile on one of Sevcos forums you really want to represent that? Its not a minority either. If 100 people on here think something I take that as a real indication of the supports as a whole view. They are quite simply horrid.

SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND THE COMMENTS BELOW OFFENSIVE:

"do we not learn this makes Michael O look a saint, a bead rattler who played for us then jumped the dyke then went to **** feeder team who runs about like a bitter bead rattling pape against, no way. "

"Average player and a mickey tramp into the bargain"

"No celtic minded near the team please. Keep the fenians away."

"We need to aim higher and less taigy."

"Creepy tarrier tattie faced *******. Hopefully there is nowt in this"
    Some things never change. The same stuff was being said when Mo Johnston signed for them under Souness way back in 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post

I would be surprised if Gerrard signs him to be honest. I hope I'm right.

It would absolutely sicken me to see him playing for them. Probably more than it did when Jason Cummings went to them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I would be surprised if Gerrard signs him to be honest. I hope I'm right.

It would absolutely sicken me to see him playing for them. Probably more than it did when Jason Cummings went to them.
    I resent any of our players opting to play for that dispicable outfit and I lose a lot of respect for them. Cummings, going there via another club, gets a bit of leeway but if McGeouch went directly there from us, I would be more than disappointed. I’ve got a horrible feeling he’ll end up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I resent any of our players opting to play for that dispicable outfit and I lose a lot of respect for them. Cummings, going there via another club, gets a bit of leeway but if McGeouch went directly there from us, I would be more than disappointed. I’ve got a horrible feeling he’ll end up there.
    Agree with u on this Jim...Dylan will go massively down in my estimations if he signs for them...I can understand him leaving for down south heck even Celtic (at a push mind) but not them...

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Agree with u on this Jim...Dylan will go massively down in my estimations if he signs for them...I can understand him leaving for down south heck even Celtic (at a push mind) but not them...

Gerrard will be a carrot for him and a big pay rise. Rusty will also look at rangers players for Scotland. I see why he could go although would hate to see.

Left by mutual consent!
    In case this happens I'm already staking a claim to the moniker Dyhun Mcgeouch in honour of Ihun Murray and Katie Thomshun.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    In case this happens I'm already staking a claim to the moniker Dyhun Mcgeouch in honour of Ihun Murray and Katie Thomshun.

What about Stevhun Whittaker 😉

First Team Breakthrough
    Sadly as a midfielder, I think the chance to play for one of the best midfielders in recent times may be the extra incentive for him to go there, and to double his wages

He is not going to The Rangers. Settle down everyone.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by djs69 View Post
    Sadly as a midfielder, I think the chance to play for one of the best midfielders in recent times may be the extra incentive for him to go there, and to double his wages
    To play for him for 6 months? That's how long I give it before the comments I posted regarding DM are aimed at SG when they are clearly winning no league.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm actually more concerned now that the Daily Record has said he's not going to them.
    Even a stopped clock is right a couple of times.....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Even a stopped clock is right a couple of times.....
    Or in case of a few of their journos even a cock is right a couple of times.

First Team Breakthrough
    If Dylan is intelligent he won't go to them, even with the lure of a huge wage hike and the chance to play for a great player but as yet untried manager, he must know how toxic they are throughout. Was massively surprised SG took the gig, hope it all goes horribly wrong for both sevco and SG

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    That's because most Scottish Catholics have Irish ancestry and the huns bigotry is specifically anti Irish Catholic. Taig, tarrier and fenian are all terms of abuse for Irish Catholics or folk with Irish Catholic origins.

Signing an Italian, German or Dutch Catholic wouldn't have the all important (to them) anti Irish element.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by djs69 View Post
    I really think folk are over-playing the draw/pull of Gerard - ok, Dylan's a midfielder but he was also a Septic-supporter (in truth, probably still is) and the Hun mind-set is the antithesis of what Dylan/Septic-fans believes/supports !. Lets be honest, the Hun mind-set is the antithesis of what everyone believes/supports - and Gerard is not going to alter them/that one tiny, little bit (probably won't be there long enough to have any effect anyway !) on or off the pitch !. As seen on examples on this thread, their ****my-fans are still resolutely determined to hold on to their title - 'The Skid-Marks On The Pants Of Scottish Football And Society' - and the vile garbage that a large % of them have been posting over Dylan also says to me they don't give a flying ****** what Gerard thinks of them !