hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really think folk are over-playing the draw/pull of Gerard - ok, Dylan's a midfielder but he was also a Septic-supporter (in truth, probably still is) and the Hun mind-set is the antithesis of what Dylan/Septic-fans believes/supports !. Lets be honest, the Hun mind-set is the antithesis of what everyone believes/supports - and Gerard is not going to alter them/that one tiny, little bit (probably won't be there long enough to have any effect anyway !) on or off the pitch !. As seen on examples on this thread, their ****my-fans are still resolutely determined to hold on to their title - 'The Skid-Marks On The Pants Of Scottish Football And Society' - and the vile garbage that a large % of them have been posting over Dylan also says to me they don't give a flying ****** what Gerard thinks of them !
    His Celtic-mindedness didn't stop him from joining Rangers as a youngster.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    They’re still ripping him to shreds, footballwise and religionwise. I know his professionalism will rise above the muppets’ stupidity but I have to ask how a player can play in front of a crowd which despises him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    They’re still ripping him to shreds, footballwise and religionwise. I know his professionalism will rise above the muppets’ stupidity but I have to ask how a player can play in front of a crowd which despises him.
    They will hate him until he scores against Celtic or Hibs and kisses the badge, then he'll become another Hun hero. They are ridden with faux principles and loyalty - just look at the way they turned on Scott Allan (one of the their own) - don't know the meaning of the word integrity, run by criminals and (despite being 6 years old) still living in the 1970s. You'd struggle to find a more backward football club.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I would be more minded to question why any Scottish player with Dylan's talent wouldn't want to try and progress their career down south at bigger clubs and in better leagues Jim (and better stadiums and attendances). Signing for Celtic and The Rangers, after having had a decent few seasons at Hibs and winning things here would make me want to challenge myself amongst better players - after all he'll get the same level of money. Added to that he would get inundated with online abuse and no doubt verbal abuse when out and about in the goldfish bowl. I also think Gerrard will get found out quickly and ultimately leave after not being able to match or beat Celtic - that after all is the be-all-and-end-all for The Rangers fans.

It's why Jason Cummings won't make it in my opinion. He does not have the stomach to really get the head down and prove how good he is amongst better players and teams and he's playing at being a footballer at present. He needs to mature and grow up. And that is a crying shame as he is a natural finisher and cracking striker who would really benefit from playing around good players. That's why I take my hat off to the likes of Liam Henderson who is a brave young lad for one so young - and it's bearing fruit and will make him a better player all round. He'll be an established international next year if he continues to progress at the rate he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    They will hate him until he scores against Celtic or Hibs and kisses the badge, then he'll become another Hun hero. They are ridden with faux principles and loyalty - just look at the way they turned on Scott Allan (one of the their own) - don't know the meaning of the word integrity, run by criminals and (despite being 6 years old) still living in the 1970s. You'd struggle to find a more backward football club.
    Still living in the 1690’s you mean 😄
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I would be more minded to question why any Scottish player with Dylan's talent wouldn't want to try and progress their career down south at bigger clubs and in better leagues Jim (and better stadiums and attendances). Signing for Celtic and The Rangers, after having had a decent few seasons at Hibs and winning things here would make me want to challenge myself amongst better players - after all he'll get the same level of money. Added to that he would get inundated with online abuse and no doubt verbal abuse when out and about in the goldfish bowl. I also think Gerrard will get found out quickly and ultimately leave after not being able to match or beat Celtic - that after all is the be-all-and-end-all for The Rangers fans.

It's why Jason Cummings won't make it in my opinion. He does not have the stomach to really get the head down and prove how good he is amongst better players and teams and he's playing at being a footballer at present. He needs to mature and grow up. And that is a crying shame as he is a natural finisher and cracking striker who would really benefit from playing around good players. That's why I take my hat off to the likes of Liam Henderson who is a brave young lad for one so young - and it's bearing fruit and will make him a better player all round. He'll be an established international next year if he continues to progress at the rate he is doing.
    Spot on with Cummings, IMO. Doesn't seem to have the ability to learn. That was why I was happy enough to punt him. He's another Lee Miller, or Scott Crabbe - big fish in a small pool.

As for Dylan, I can only assume he fancies another shot at playing for a rookie manager from Liverpool at a club in turmoil.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    If Dylan does go to Der Hun he may fulfill the need to work with a midfield legend and still leave when they go into Admin in a few months. Genuinly can't see Steeevie Geeeee being there at Christmas and wishing like hell the club are gone by around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    I really think folk are over-playing the draw/pull of Gerard - ok, Dylan's a midfielder but he was also a Septic-supporter (in truth, probably still is) and the Hun mind-set is the antithesis of what Dylan/Septic-fans believes/supports !. Lets be honest, the Hun mind-set is the antithesis of what everyone believes/supports - and Gerard is not going to alter them/that one tiny, little bit (probably won't be there long enough to have any effect anyway !) on or off the pitch !. As seen on examples on this thread, their ****my-fans are still resolutely determined to hold on to their title - 'The Skid-Marks On The Pants Of Scottish Football And Society' - and the vile garbage that a large % of them have been posting over Dylan also says to me they don't give a flying ****** what Gerard thinks of them !
    Just a thought. Might your post also be tainted with a wee bit of the same kind of nastiness?

Jack Ross at Sunderland now realises he can't afford Mcginn so now looking at Dylan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Jack Ross at Sunderland now realises he can't afford Mcginn so now looking at Dylan

That seems a likely destination IMO.

DM gets the paycheck he needs to secure his future and a decent SO fee. He's not going to a trophey winning team but L1 should do.

I think you are bang on the money Ronnie.
    DM gets to go to a big team in England, gets a nice fat contract and is not playing at a level he will struggle at

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    That seems a likely destination IMO.

DM gets the paycheck he needs to secure his future and a decent SO fee. He's not going to a trophey winning team but L1 should do.
    Dylan has indicated like Mcginn that he isn't going to be rushed into a decision but now Scotland games out the way he is going to sit down with his representatives to start thinking what his next move is
    Lennon still saying there is a chink of light he could stay but unless he thinks Lennon is best Manager to keep him playing well and a chance of more Caps I think it's a long shot
    Hope to see somebody activity into next week on Transfer front though

Ross appears to want all of Lennon's players. Would Sunderland not just be better appointing Lennon and missing out the middle man ?

Dylan has indicated like Mcginn that he isn't going to be rushed into a decision but now Scotland games out the way he is going to sit down with his representatives to start thinking what his next move is
    Lennon still saying there is a chink of light he could stay but unless he thinks Lennon is best Manager to keep him playing well and a chance of more Caps I think it's a long shot
    Hope to see somebody activity into next week on Transfer front though

SJM and DM both saying the same thing. IMO chances of either player being at Hibs next season are slim and are just saying this as part of their neg pitch with suitors.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    SJM and DM both saying the same thing. IMO chances of either player being at Hibs next season are slim and are just saying this as part of their neg pitch with suitors.
    Totally agree. Think they're both off. Absolutely gutted about that as I've loved watching both play for Hibs. Especially SJM. But I'm really excited to see what Slivka can offer playing in his more preferred central role.

I wouldn't begrudge either DM or SJM their move and I think now is the best time for both of them. I don't really know how much more they can achieve with us.

If they go, and they go down South, they leave as cup winning legends and with our best wishes.

If we get good cash from the McGinn deal to strengthen and we don't have to see either of them coming back in the colours of another Scottish club then I think we've done well.

Give Slivka a run and invest the cash (and wages saved) on some solid replacements and we've done well.

Didn't see the full Mexico match but a couple of shockers from DM giving away easy possession in the highlights. Not exactly putting his name up in lights to potential suitors. How did he do apart from that?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I understand it is speculation but this is a small snapshot of the bile on one of Sevcos forums you really want to represent that? Its not a minority either. If 100 people on here think something I take that as a real indication of the supports as a whole view. They are quite simply horrid.

SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND THE COMMENTS BELOW OFFENSIVE:

"do we not learn this makes Michael O look a saint, a bead rattler who played for us then jumped the dyke then went to **** feeder team who runs about like a bitter bead rattling pape against, no way. "

"Average player and a mickey tramp into the bargain"

"No celtic minded near the team please. Keep the fenians away."

"We need to aim higher and less taigy."

"Creepy tarrier tattie faced *******. Hopefully there is nowt in this"
    Oh dear. Oh dear.

Not much you can really say about that. What a pathetic bunch of peepol.

Dylan is TOO good for that mob anyway. Why would he want to be team mates with a bunch of 18 year old Liverpool kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    His Celtic-mindedness didn't stop him from joining Rangers as a youngster.
    I think theres a bit of a difference in signing for Rangers as a young laddie trying to get a break in the professional game, and signing for Rangers when theres a queue of clubs wanting to pay you silly money to come play every week.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Didn't see the full Mexico match but a couple of shockers from DM giving away easy possession in the highlights. Not exactly putting his name up in lights to potential suitors. How did he do apart from that?
    Played ok was the only player in midfield looking for the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I think theres a bit of a difference in signing for Rangers as a young laddie trying to get a break in the professional game, and signing for Rangers when theres a queue of clubs wanting to pay you silly money to come play every week.
    He was already on the books of Celtic when he signed for Rangers. The point I was making was that if he disliked Rangers as much as the poster I quoted said he does then he wouldn't have signed for them, especially from the team he supports.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    I think if clubs are after him it will be based on more than highlights of a friendly.

He was already on the books of Celtic when he signed for Rangers. The point I was making was that if he disliked Rangers as much as the poster I quoted said he does then he wouldn't have signed for them, especially from the team he supports.
    Apologies I hadn’t realised he done Celtic to Rangers back to Celtic.

Blog Entries
    That’s why I’ve already said I thought he would take the Ibrox dollar. He’s a professional footballer who, if rumours are to be believed, will almost certainly rise above the verminous side of Sevco, to earn big bucks under a potentially successful young manager. Doesn’t stop me from resenting the inevitable and despite the Hibs Legend label, I hope he has a nightmare experience with them if he moves to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I think if clubs are after him it will be based on more than highlights of a friendly.
    Really?

Dylan down at Leith Links today.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post

Is he wearing a The Rangers training top?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    and??

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Is he wearing a The Rangers training top?
    Nope just mingling and having his pic taken with Leithers old and young...like the good hibby he is

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    and??
    ...and no he didn't say if he was joining Sevco