hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

French Open Tennis 2018

I like the tennis even without Andy but I can't see the ball against the red clay background. I end up having to guess who won the point! Frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the tennis even without Andy but I can't see the ball against the red clay background. I end up having to guess who won the point! Frustrating!
    I just turned the colour down. Sorted.

Thanks for support!

haha.

I love the french open - against the grain I'm sure but it's possibly my favourite and the one I've always thought I'd like to go to! It helps of course that my favourite player tends to win when he plays at Roland Garros.

On the women's side (which I follow fairly closely) I'm hoping Halep can get her first slam.

Now if only I wasn't working

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    haha.

I love the french open - against the grain I'm sure but it's possibly my favourite and the one I've always thought I'd like to go to! It helps of course that my favourite player tends to win when he plays at Roland Garros.

On the women's side (which I follow fairly closely) I'm hoping Halep can get her first slam.

Now if only I wasn't working
    I like it too. It seems more laid back in those huge arenas. Similar to the US Open. There's a lot of moving about in the crowd. No effing royal box either.

Virgin media have a 4k feed from eurosport at the french open. Press the red button when watching one of the eurosport channels.

I've just watched one of the best matches of the season so far.

Stunning result just in from Roland Garros.

Marco Cecchinato, who has never won a match at a Grand Slam before this tournament, has just beaten Novak Djokovic in 4 sets to reach the French Open semi finals.

I like my tennis and I like to think I have a decent knowledge of players who may be respectfully described as "fringe" but I can honestly say that I have never heard of Marco Cecchinato before this tournament.

The final set tie break was incredible.

I do hope Andy Murray gives Wimbledon a miss. Anything less than 100% fitness and he'll let himself down.

I do hope Andy Murray gives Wimbledon a miss. Anything less than 100% fitness and he'll let himself down.
    I have a feeling it might be his last slam. Maybe just feels he'll give it a go and ultimately confirm that he's finished at this level.

First Team Breakthrough
    I don't even know why they bother playing the men's draw these days. Just give it to Nadal and everyone could go on holiday.

So boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YanYansen View Post
    I don't even know why they bother playing the men's draw these days. Just give it to Nadal and everyone could go on holiday.

So boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There certainly doesn't seem to be anyone exciting coming up the ranks. Maybe Wimbledon will unearth a genius.

He'd have to go a bit to match Rafa or Federer.

There certainly doesn't seem to be anyone exciting coming up the ranks. Maybe Wimbledon will unearth a genius.

He'd have to go a bit to match Rafa or Federer.
    It will be a very long time before anyone comes close to Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer. These are two of the all time greats in the sport, Federer is probably the greatest tennis player ever.

I can't see anyone dominating men's tennis like the way he did from about 2004 to 2008 and have the longevity that he's had too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    It will be a very long time before anyone comes close to Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer. These are two of the all time greats in the sport, Federer is probably the greatest tennis player ever.

I can't see anyone dominating men's tennis like the way he did from about 2004 to 2008 and have the longevity that he's had too.
    I remember meeting a tennis coach at a party couple of years back and he said Federer played the perfect text-book tennis. No flaws.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Simona Halep wins her first major , Delighted for her !