hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44304566

Nothing wrong with aiming as high as possible but he's talking about a title challenge next season.
    That is as high as possible no?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    There is no old firm one of them teams died.
    Good point! I stand corrected (how could
    I forget).

It’s really just Celtic now anyway isn’t it? The Huns don’t frighten anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Good point! I stand corrected (how could
    I forget).

It’s really just Celtic now anyway isn’t it? The Huns don’t frighten anyone.
    Not yet anyway.

Being realistic, there is no chance that Kilmarnock will "seriously challenge" for the title next season. Just IMO.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Touchy eh, relogin etc, as I asked at the very very beginning, please, please anyone prove differently, that the 1st current, in place, serving, S ottish manager, who claimed, his & every other club would NEVER again challenge the glesgae spoiling institutions we faced then, was not mogadon. Nane of ye’se have cos nane of ye’se can. He was numero uno, the 1st, Mr Unique, the pacesetter, pioneer, for defeatism tae tics & huns! Show me otherwise! Prove me wrong! Or be politicians & deflect & talk aboot other crap! Whae cares? Mogadon had so much potential & failed against hertz cos he was scared & boring & defensive. Your man, but never mines!

Wee subnote, in mogadons 10 years, many many times we had huge able defenders who cleared the baw a huge distance fi oor penalty area, intae space, but the mogadon way, 11 of our boys defending EVERY corner, became infuriating. The doffing baw just came straight back every effing time!
    11 Hibs players back in our box at every oppo corner s what I mean! Ye’d ken if ye were there.
    Last edited by majorhibs; 01-06-2018 at 08:46 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Touchy eh, relogin etc, as I asked at the very very beginning, please, please anyone prove differently, that the 1st current, in place, serving, S ottish manager, who claimed, his & every other club would NEVER again challenge the glesgae spoiling institutions we faced then, was not mogadon. Nane of ye’se have cos nane of ye’se can. He was numero uno, the 1st, Mr Unique, the pacesetter, pioneer, for defeatism tae tics & huns! Show me otherwise! Prove me wrong! Or be politicians & deflect & talk aboot other crap! Whae cares? Mogadon had so much potential & failed against hertz cos he was scared & boring & defensive. Your man, but never mines!
    Cool. If there was something to win, you've won it.

I don't think anyone else cares now.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Wee subnote, in mogadons 10 years, many many times we had huge able defenders who cleared the baw a huge distance fi oor penalty area, intae space, but the mogadon way, 11 of our boys defending EVERY corner, became infuriating. The doffing baw just came straight back every effing time!
    11 Hibs players back in our box at every oppo corner s what I mean! Ye’d ken if ye were there.
    Trophy winning Hibs manager though.....not too many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Please translate?

As a factual aside, a large majority of the support had also watched relegation under Turnbull, then the torpor of the Auld, Stanton and Blackley eras. As it turned out, the Mogadonmeister was totally correct. He talked sense.

Reality is that the only way anyone outside of the OF will win the League again is if those two ****ers **** off to England or some tinpot European League.
    Ha ha. So, if Claudio Ranieiri managed Hibs for 1 season, because YOU are such an expert, Neil Lennon could not do the same? Huh? Mr Expert?

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Trophy winning Hibs manager though.....not too many of them.
    What deflectionists youse are!! Never realised sae many tory losers in Hibs support! Yer love for such a 10yr failure is admirable, 1 cup win the 10 yrs = not much. Just, for 1 time look at the calibre of players for 10 yrs & say success? Nah.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    What deflectionists youse are!! Never realised sae many tory losers in Hibs support! Yer love for such a 10yr failure is admirable, 1 cup win the 10 yrs = not much. Just, for 1 time look at the calibre of players for 10 yrs & say success? Nah.
    Can you explain what the Tories have to do with it ? Actually don't bother as like most of your posts its unlikely to make any sense.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Can you try calming down and at least have a go at being civil to other users please?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    I remember a Scotland manager who said that we would win the World Cup and most of the nation believed it. How did that end?

Can't see Killie challenging for the top spot and if they manage to get in the top six again next season then they'll have done well. Can Kris Boyd score another twenty or so goals next season? It's a big ask.

Celtic will win the league again and a few clubs will be fighting for second. I expect one of those clubs to be Hibs. Hearts will be where they were this season having lost a good goalkeeper and by all accounts a 'Zibi' has replaced him.
    I very much wish we had someone like Ally McLeod now. Those were great days to follow Scotland and that level of belief would do us no harm whatsoever now. Rather that than the boring, sheepish realism we have to endure now. I little bit of fantasy hurt nobody and might just raise our game as a result. Football is supposed to be an entertainment business after all and Ally gave us it in spades

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    I very much wish we had someone like Ally McLeod now. Those were great days to follow Scotland and that level of belief would do us no harm whatsoever now. Rather that than the boring, sheepish realism we have to endure now. I little bit of fantasy hurt nobody and might just raise our game as a result. Football is supposed to be an entertainment business after all and Ally gave us it in spades
    I'd rather we were successful than have happy fantasies until reality hits us right between the eyes.

I still remember cringing at the lap of honour after we lost at home to England.

No one actually cares enough to prove you wrong mate, you're just ranting for no apparent reason.

I remember the day they won the league in 1965. They had a fine team then. I don't remember the last time we won it although I was alive I think!

Fair play to them for aiming high.

Maybe if you'd used the preterite instead of the imperative, the title would make a bit more sense.

It almost certainly won't happen but it's good to see him talking up his team for a change.

I'm sure the Leicester fans thought the same a couple of years ago.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Just for balance I'd like to say i liked Alex Miller. Gave me one of my best moments as a fan, saw the club through arguably the most difficult period in its history and at times had teams out posing good football. Many of the teams and players I'll look back and fondly remember in my dotage were Miller's. He also won the Tennants Sixes, equalling Craig Leveins career medal haul in one day.

If Miller really was the first Scottish manager to realise the old firm had the league sewn up between them then good on him. The guy has forgotten more about football and how to play it than almost everyone on here posting will ever know.

I'd love us to win the league but i sure as hell don't start every season thinking - or even hoping - we will.

Pretty far fetched but nothing wrong with a bit of positivity and belief. Go into every competition believing you can win it otherwise whats the point really.

I bet if someone had said at the start of the 2015/16 season Leicster can win the league they would have been ridiculed. Football is a funny old game and certainly stranger things have happened! Would far rather have a manager come out with something like that rather than the like of McLeish last night saying "I expect Mexico to beat Scotland" - hardly very inspiring! I would be pissed off if Lennon came out before a game and said he thinks we'll lose - defeatist attitude and got us beat before a balls even been kicked!

This thread is getting bookmarked for when the thread of the year vote happens.

Comedy gold, intentionally or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No one actually cares enough to prove you wrong mate, you're just ranting for no apparent reason.
    Ach, PB CDG, etc, what aboot MWHIBBIES & others, who support our all own beloved Hibees, but believe we will never win the league ever again, & slate fellow Hibbies who dare tae dream of our beloved Hibees daein what Leicester did in England!!! Almost makes me feel dirty, they imperialists ae Hibs.net! But I think I’ll survive & wish for my team to win a championship another day! Just the way I’m built!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Ach, PB CDG, etc, what aboot MWHIBBIES & others, who support our all own beloved Hibees, but believe we will never win the league ever again, & slate fellow Hibbies who dare tae dream of our beloved Hibees daein what Leicester did in England!!! Almost makes me feel dirty, they imperialists ae Hibs.net! But I think I’ll survive & wish for my team to win a championship another day! Just the way I’m built!
    Imperialists.

And there's me thinking we were the Taliban ......

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Imperialists.

And there's me thinking we were the Taliban ......

Mussolini would probs have ye’se!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This thread is getting bookmarked for when the thread of the year vote happens.

Comedy gold, intentionally or otherwise.

There's a thread of the year vote?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Mussolini would probs have ye’se!
    If Kamberi doesn't sign, is he Plan B?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Did he ****.