hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jdh

Jdh

Move on.

Both him and JN are similar, I rate the latter more

All season, and perhaps even much of the prior season we've lacked any creativity/drive in central midfield and unfortunately it's because these two and/or the dynamics of them don't work together - hence why we've become a 1 dimensional team that plays down the wings

I find both of them far too safe and that in itself - the similarities in their style - is what I think has been stifling our central midfield

Nice guy, but not going to take this club to the next level

2. Log in to remove the advert

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    JDH, Newell and Campbell are all pretty much the same when you look at their impact on matches.

Drop deep and play easy 5 yard passes almost all match.

Pointless possession is their speciality.

This is part of the problem that Maloney went on about. Squad is poor and needs overhaul. We signed and kept players who are all the same.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JDH, Newell and Campbell are all pretty much the same when you look at their impact on matches.

Drop deep and play easy 5 yard passes almost all match.

Pointless possession is their speciality.
    Although Campbell is by far the least effective of the three.

Campbell should go out on loan and we should only start with one of JDH or Newell. The other can be a useful squad player.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Although Campbell is by far the least effective of the three.

Campbell should go out on loan and we should only start with one of JDH or Newell. The other can be a useful squad player.
    I’d happily shift all three and build afresh. Might get a fee for Newell too.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Tom Kite the 3 of them. Offer nothing at all imo.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Tom Kite the 3 of them. Offer nothing at all imo.
    Remember we do need a squad, we can't just get shot of everyone

Too many similar players in the squad in the midfield, loaning out a couple maybe a option

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    This is part of the problem that Maloney went on about. Squad is poor and needs overhaul. We signed and kept players who are all the same.
    Yip, Ron brings in someone willing to completely change the attitude and standards at the club, get rid of all the ***** and he’s chased out after 1 winter transfer. With no Boyle or maggenis and hardly ever doidge nisbet Porto and the rest.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    Not sure why he didn’t go for a midfielder in January. Baffling decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Zambernardi1875 View Post
    Yip, Ron brings in someone willing to completely change the attitude and standards at the club, get rid of all the ***** and he’s chased out after 1 winter transfer. With no Boyle or maggenis and hardly ever doidge nisbet Porto and the rest.
    Maloney chased himself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post
    Move on.

Both him and JN are similar, I rate the latter more

All season, and perhaps even much of the prior season we've lacked any creativity/drive in central midfield and unfortunately it's because these two and/or the dynamics of them don't work together - hence why we've become a 1 dimensional team that plays down the wings

I find both of them far too safe and that in itself - the similarities in their style - is what I think has been stifling our central midfield

Nice guy, but not going to take this club to the next level
    he is the antithesis of an attacking footballer.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Campbell should go to the Championship on a season loan to a team where he would be a first start and then see if he can consistently deserve the shirt. There might be a player in there.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Campbell should go to the Championship on a season loan to a team where he would be a first start and then see if he can consistently deserve the shirt. There might be a player in there.
    Wouldn't get a game for Edina Hibs.

The quality and level of midfield player we need at Hibs is just not at Easter Rd with the possible exception of McGinnes if he ever plays for us again.
    Clear them out and bring in the quality we need and start to build a team.

Don’t ya just love all this ‘throw everyone out and bring lots of new players in’ nonsense.

When is the last time we did that and it brought about an improvement?

It’s the era of the XBOX Football Manager fantasists

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Don’t ya just love all this ‘throw everyone out and bring lots of new players in’ nonsense.

I would throw out the XBox thingy as well, Hibs need better than what is on the playing staff just now.
    Any new manager will struggle to get much out of them, without some real investment.

Did he not go to Arbroath a year or two back, and after a decent start struggled a bit to get a game?

I agree we've got too many similar players. Stevenson adds something to the midfield when he plays, then I think there's room for either JDH or Newell, then AN Other. Wouldn't rule out Henderson as the AN Other.

Midfield needs work though, doesn't work as a unit.

You could argue that it worked today. Kept tight enough, didn't give anything away. And then it was a run beyond the strikers from Henderson that led to the goal. I think Gray should be happy that he managed to fashion a win from what he had to work with.

Lots of work needed from middle to front with this squad.

I think the idea is that better players should be brought in. It seems sensible.

Generally agree but it worked spectacularly when McLeish took over. That was some transformation in a season or two. From Tosh and Power to Latapy and Sauzee. Mind you, he was given a fair bit of cash..

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Thought he was really good first few games but he's not for me. I get players have roles and jobs to do in a midfield, but right now he doesn't do anything at all well.

Can't see us being able to offload him, but wouldn't be disappointed if we did.

Seems like a lovely boy, but unfortunately not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Thought he was really good first few games but he's not for me. I get players have roles and jobs to do in a midfield, but right now he doesn't do anything at all well.

Can't see us being able to offload him, but wouldn't be disappointed if we did.

Seems like a lovely boy, but unfortunately not good enough.
    He looked really good beside Newell at the start of the season - with Magennis ahead of them.

Since then, he did well at the Easter Road derby beside Newell and had the good game when he scored a couple.

Other than that, it's been pretty forgettable from him since about the start of October.

Not sure whether we try to recreate what we had at the start of the season or make more cutting changes.

It hasn't worked for much of the season but I don't think I can go as far as to say I don't rate him as I think he's got something.

I think we’ll be the biggest club he plays for.
    Done nothing this season to convince me otherwise

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    He looked really good beside Newell at the start of the season - with Magennis ahead of them.

Since then, he did well at the Easter Road derby beside Newell and had the good game when he scored a couple.

Other than that, it's been pretty forgettable from him since about the start of October.

Not sure whether we try to recreate what we had at the start of the season or make more cutting changes.

It hasn't worked for much of the season but I don't think I can go as far as to say I don't rate him as I think he's got something.
    He did. Him Newell and Magennis looked brilliant. But that's for what eight or so games before it all got broken up with injuries/covid.

I want him to do well, just as I want any player who plays for Hibs to do well, whether it's JDH, Wright, Scott, Campbell anyone! I just don't see how he can go from the level of performances he's putting in to being an integral part of the first team.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    He is our worst performer who is a regular starter imo. The goals vs County possibly got the critics off his back for a while but he doesn’t add anything to our team. Not a good tackler, passer or runner. Invisible.

As so often happens with new players after a few games when we are winning, some people completely overestimated JDH's performances at the start of his Hibs career, OTT claims of him being a "baller" etc. Then as the team's performances dipped, some people started to unfairly claim he was terrible.

Barring his low point ( error at home to St Mirren) and his high point ( 2 worldies against Ross County) I think he's largely been fine, putting in solid if unspectacular performances most weeks.

He is the type of guy, a bit like Stevenson, that will rarely let the team down - If he has decent players around him he can be a fairly important part of a good team IMO. If he doesn't have quality around them then he isn't good enough on his own to make things happen.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 23-04-2022 at 04:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    He is our worst performer who is a regular starter imo. The goals vs County possibly got the critics off his back for a while but he doesn’t add anything to our team. Not a good tackler, passer or runner. Invisible.
    Yet, as I posted on the Newell thread. The stats show JDH has more goals, averages more tackles per game, averages more points per game and as a team our goals scored minus goals conceded is better under JDH than Newell. Maybe it’s JDH who is a actually more important than Newell.

I’d look to upgrade all 3 of JDH, Newell & Campbell, with a different blend of midfielders, and have all 3 as back up. Wouldn’t lose any sleep if any of them moved on though.

@hibs.net private member
    Gogic is better. Got a really harsh time of it but he was consistently part of teams that were winning last season even coming up with goals. St Mirren also missed him big time today.

He didn't exactly set the Heather alight at Edinburgh City so doubt he would do it in the championship

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Yet, as I posted on the Newell thread. The stats show JDH has more goals, averages more tackles per game, averages more points per game and as a team our goals scored minus goals conceded is better under JDH than Newell. Maybe it’s JDH who is a actually more important than Newell.

I’d look to upgrade all 3 of JDH, Newell & Campbell, with a different blend of midfielders, and have all 3 as back up. Wouldn’t lose any sleep if any of them moved on though.
    You could counter that by saying Newell has more assists and interceptions. I agree with your last point though that all three could be up for the chop. To my eye Newell affects games a lot more than Doyle Hayes and could keep his place with better players around him but appreciate its not an opinion shared by all.