hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Liam Henderson

Amazing, I am very jealous!!

The pic we have of my daughter in front of one of the "sides" of the memorial certainly has family names like the Vettriano's and Lamarra's (La Marra) and Viola's (Violo) that have been the mainstay of our Hibee side of the family.

If you're an anorak like me (and I wouldn't be offended if you weren't!!) one other interesting thing too is that the Italian memorials have WW1 as 1915 to 1918 (not 1914) as they hummed and hawed for a year about which side to join, before entering on the Allies' side in 1915.

To be fair, there's far too much good company, tasty food and fine red wine round that region for a war memorial to get in the way

Enjoy the rest of your stay!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazing, I am very jealous!!

The pic we have of my daughter in front of one of the "sides" of the memorial certainly has family names like the Vettriano's and Lamarra's (La Marra) and Viola's (Violo) that have been the mainstay of our Hibee side of the family.

If you're an anorak like me (and I wouldn't be offended if you weren't!!) one other interesting thing too is that the Italian memorials have WW1 as 1915 to 1918 (not 1914) as they hummed and hawed for a year about which side to join, before entering on the Allies' side in 1915.

To be fair, there's far too much good company, tasty food and fine red wine round that region for a war memorial to get in the way

Enjoy the rest of your stay!!
    FB_IMG_1528795397215.jpg

This thread must be a contender for the "Off at a tangent thread of the year" award. Hendo's barely had a mention for ages and before anyone checks, yes I have contributed to the non-Hendo chat further up the thread as well as this post.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Another hearts-in-mouths weekend for Frosinone in the playoffs - they drew 1-1 at Cittadella last weekend which, under the odd Serie B play off rules, meant that as they finished higher than Cittadella then any win or draw would see them through - i.e. away goals would not count. A 1-1 draw followed yesterday in Frosinone with a nervy last quarter of an hour after Cittadella equalisted on 74 minutes.

So the third Serie A promotion place will go down to 2nd v 3rd - Frosinone v Palermo - with the first leg in Sicily on Wednesday and the return in Frosinone on Saturday. Somehow I suspect these games might be a bit more exciting than the early World Cup fixtures!
    First leg took place in Sicily tonight and finished 2-1 to Palermo. Frosinone were ahead within five minutes but Palermo equalised on the stroke of half time before an own goal sealed the win. So all to play for at the Stadio Stripe in the second leg on Saturday night!

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This thread must be a contender for the "Off at a tangent thread of the year" award. Hendo's barely had a mention for ages and before anyone checks, yes I have contributed to the non-Hendo chat further up the thread as well as this post.
    As someone who contributed to this thread going off topic and turning into a tourist guide for the mezzogiorno, I apologise Back to Liam Henderson, one thing that comes across most clearly from the hours of player interviews you get on the Time For Heroes dvd is how much he gets Hibs. Just one of my favourite players, ever.

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Now La Viola are interested in Hendo:

https://www.football-italia.net/1229...m_source=email

Dream pairing, Bollah!

Sounds like he could soon be on Scotland's radar.

Scottish midfield of McGinn, McGeouch, Allan and Henderson anyone?

Now, that would be something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by renato View Post

Dream pairing, Bollah!
    Dream move for LH. Living and playing football in one of Ialy’s most iconic cities. The boy’s done good as they say.

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Dream move for LH. Living and playing football in one of Ialy’s most iconic cities. The boy’s done good as they say.
    Totally, delighted for the lad if it happens and well deserved. If he becomes a starter for Fiorentina then he should walk into the Scotland team.

Don't know what the Italian for oxymoron is but do the fans shout "Bello 'Endo" whenever he does something good?

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Delighted for him.

Whiles it’s disappointing not to have him at Hibs the next best thing is seeing him doing so well in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Been to rugby at the Stadio Artemio Franchi. Proper old-school ground with some great architecture on its exterior. It would be a great move for him!

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    If he makes the move and is playing regularly in serie A surely would go hand in hand with a Scotland call up

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    If he makes the move and is playing regularly in serie A surely would go hand in hand with a Scotland call up
    Dunno might be a sevco or Celtic player in his position. They get priority when they want to play.

Dream pairing, Bollah!
    That would be fantastic. My only concern would be would he get game time in a team like that. Do Fiorentina have a hefty transfer budget these days?

First leg took place in Sicily tonight and finished 2-1 to Palermo. Frosinone were ahead within five minutes but Palermo equalised on the stroke of half time before an own goal sealed the win. So all to play for at the Stadio Stripe in the second leg on Saturday night!
    Just to close this chapter off - a 2-0 win for Frosinone last night saw them promoted! The second goal came in the 6th minute of second half injury time, avoiding extra time, and may help exorcise some of the ghosts that led them to be in the playoffs in the first place (loss of an 89th minute goal to Foggia in the last game of the regular season that saw Parma promoted ahead of them).

I might try and catch a game next time I’m over!

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Just to close this chapter off - a 2-0 win for Frosinone last night saw them promoted! The second goal came in the 6th minute of second half injury time, avoiding extra time, and may help exorcise some of the ghosts that led them to be in the playoffs in the first place (loss of an 89th minute goal to Foggia in the last game of the regular season that saw Parma promoted ahead of them).

I don't think last night's ref should holiday in Sicily any time soon.

great news, not just for Frosinone but the fact théy beat Palermo is good for the sport.

no surprise that both pinilla (a romanov money laundering striker from chile) and Kyle lafferty have both worn the pink jersey. Théy are as dodgy as théy come.

a good night for football!

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Delighted for him.

Whiles it’s disappointing not to have him at Hibs the next best thing is seeing him doing so well in his career.
    Hear, hear, he was great for Hibs just a pity we could not arrange a deal as he was always going to be worth a lot more than we would have had to pay.
    Good luck to him, great to see young guys try and make it outside of this country, another young chelski player going out to Italy, saying that Liam had inspired him to try same.

Testimonial Due
    ThecIaluan Resiatance in 2nd Workd wR defeated Mussolini and the Natzis was incredible.

My pigeon Italian is not up to scratch.

Anyone care to translate?

What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    Just purely out of interest I'd be really keen to see what Serie B wages look like compared to SPL!

great news, not just for Frosinone but the fact théy beat Palermo is good for the sport.

no surprise that both pinilla (a romanov money laundering striker from chile) and Kyle lafferty have both worn the pink jersey. Théy are as dodgy as théy come.

a good night for football!
    Was there not bare-faced cheating/'gamesmanship' from Frosinone late one to ensure they won?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    Interestingly I was told by a family member that Lawell put £2m on his head for UK bidders. He didn't want to be seen to sell him cheap just to have him come back and bite him in the erse at a Celtic AGM. A tactic I fear he'll use with Scott Allan. Rodgers may say the club won't be hard to deal with but his Chair will probably disagree.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Interestingly I was told by a family member that Lawell put £2m on his head for UK bidders. He didn't want to be seen to sell him cheap just to have him come back and bite him in the erse at a Celtic AGM. A tactic I fear he'll use with Scott Allan. Rodgers may say the club won't be hard to deal with but his Chair will probably disagree.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    i’m not too confident that Lawwell will play ball.

Dream pairing, Bollah!
    Hope so. Fiorentina are my Italian team

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Hope so. Fiorentina are my Italian team
    Me too. Although I couldn't find really tell you much about them or who their players are. Just RuiCosta and Batistuta

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    Was there not bare-faced cheating/'gamesmanship' from Frosinone late one to ensure they won?
    Frosinone subs throwing spare balls onto the pitch to disrupt Palermo attacks - I think one of them was sent off for that or arguing over a disputed Palermo penalty shout - mental scenes by all accounts! The ref added on the five minutes added time to take into account the time wasted dealing with all of that - and it was at the end of that Frosinone scored their second!

https://twitter.com/delinquentweet/s...84687510736897
    Last edited by Jamesie; 17-06-2018 at 09:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Hendo made his debut for Verona tonight in a 4-1 win in the Coppa Italia. He provided the pass for the third goal with what Verona's Twitter account described as an "amazing assist".