hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 309

Thread: Tommy Robinson

  1. #121
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They... again.

    Why do you insist on conflating all of Islam with extremism? And why make up **** like the guy being murdered in prison? That does nobody any favours.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Cause its their way or the highway....and that is also why you have no choice but to eat Halal meat wherever you go.

    This is a Christian country whether you like it or not.

    But I guarantee that meat you had tonight WAS Halal.
    And Zakat tax on it...which has links to terrorism.

    That is fact...and basic research of any kind will prove im right.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    22,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cause its their way or the highway....and that is also why you have no choice but to eat Halal meat wherever you go.

    This is a Christian country whether you like it or not.

    But I guarantee that meat you had tonight WAS Halal.
    And Zakat tax on it...which has links to terrorism.

    That is fact...and basic research of any kind will prove im right.
    Again with the assumptions.

    I haven't had meat in a long time. Basic research would prove I'm right As would research on the bacon guy....

    Is the UK a Christian country? I'd say we were more pluralistic than that.



    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  4. #123
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again with the assumptions.

    I haven't had meat in a long time. Basic research would prove I'm right As would research on the bacon guy....

    Is the UK a Christian country? I'd say we were more pluralistic than that.



    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Again,You dont give me facts to say im wrong...just twist it.

    What I said is right.

    Go back 100 or 80 years...would our forefathers that fought and died for this country(i lost alot of family during the war)....Would they of just bent over and accepted Islam taking over?
    Of course they wouldnt!

    Look at the mayor of most influencial cities!
    What do they have in common my friend???

  5. #124
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    22,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again,You dont give me facts to say im wrong...just twist it.

    What I said is right.

    Go back 100 or 80 years...would our forefathers that fought and died for this country(i lost alot of family during the war)....Would they of just bent over and accepted Islam taking over?
    Of course they wouldnt!

    Look at the mayor of most influencial cities!
    What do they have in common my friend???
    You were wrong about the bacon guy. I posted the link.

    You are wrong about Islam. I've travelled extensively in Muslim countries, and seen first-hand that the majority are peaceful and decent people. Those who pervert that notion, on both sides, do the rest of us no favours at all.

    As for the point about people dying in the war.... you do know about the 400,000 Muslims who fought in the British Army in WW1 yeah?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bir...s-10325190.amp

    The mayors? I'm guessing that they're all democratically elected. Do I win a prize?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  6. #125
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You were wrong about the bacon guy. I posted the link.

    You are wrong about Islam. I've travelled extensively in Muslim countries, and seen first-hand that the majority are peaceful and decent people. Those who pervert that notion, on both sides, do the rest of us no favours at all.

    As for the point about people dying in the war.... you do know about the 400,000 Muslims who fought in the British Army in WW1 yeah?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bir...s-10325190.amp

    The mayors? I'm guessing that they're all democratically elected. Do I win a prize?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Bacon guy was allover the news at the time..he had been killed.
    Ive been to many Muslim countries too....Try going out the complex in future.
    Being from somewhere else...its extremely dangerous.
    Well Turkey,Tunisia,Algeria,Egypt,Pakistan.
    Try there.

    Radical Islam only really exploded at the fall of Saddam.

    But look at the religious history of most countries in the middle east,and look at the Koran...then you will see.
    Last edited by Ryan69; 31-05-2018 at 10:32 PM.

  7. #126
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look into history,and most places in the middle east werent originally Muslim.
    They come,they take over...they rule!

    If you dont like it...You die!

    That is fact!

    That is why we are infidels....and they carry signs saying death to infidels!

    Dangerous misinterpreted versions of the Koran are the blame!

    But believe kalergi plan is real!
    Islam is how it will be ruled!

    Look at how things are going....and please tell me im wrong.
    My first Christmas away from home was when I was 18 and was made a lot more bearable by the many vocal Merry Christmas messages from the locals in Bahrain.
    Nice people, just like the vast majority of people here who are far too nice to call you out for what you are.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  8. #127
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    22,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bacon guy was allover the news at the time..he had been killed.
    Ive been to many Muslim countries too....Try going out the complex in future.

    Radical Islam only really happened at the fall of Saddam.

    But look at the religious history of most countries in the middle east,and look at the Koran...then you will see.
    Did you read the link I posted? The inquest into his death doesn't start until December. However, if you know the truth, you can save us all a lot of money and just tell the coroner yourself


    Oh.... I have never been in a "complex" in any Muslim country. Another prejudicial assumption trashed.

    Must dash. My neighbours are just sitting down to eat.
    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 31-05-2018 at 10:36 PM.

  9. #128
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My first Christmas away from home was when I was 18 and was made a lot more bearable by the many vocal Merry Christmas messages from the locals in Bahrain.
    Nice people, just like the vast majority of people here who are far too nice to call you out for what you are.
    Paying them money in their country...how do you expect the locals tobe??

  10. #129
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,859

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paying them money in their country...how do you expect the locals tobe??
    Paying them money? I was working there and didnít spend a penny. Keep digging.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  11. #130
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,844
    This thread. FFS.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  12. #131
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Christ they even cant stand eachother(Sunni amd Shia)
    Did you know that the Christians in the UDA and the Christians in the IRA weren't/aren't exactly the best of pals?

    Is that different?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  13. #132
    If Muslims are 'taking over' they are doing a pretty crap job.

    Circa 5% of the population, 2.3% of MPs in the Commons, 1.2% of the members of the House of Lords, in the history of the Scottish Parliament there have been only 4 Muslims MSPs, Northern Ireland has never had a Muslim MLA, no Muslims make up the senior Judiciary team, there are approx 1075 Mosques in the UK compared to over 50000 Christian Churches, only 3.5% of senior positions in FTSE100 companies are held by any ethnic or cultural minority.....

    Still you can get Halal meat in Tesco now so it's practically the same as living in Saudi Arabia.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  14. #133
    Coaching Staff One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bacon guy was allover the news at the time..he had been killed.
    Ive been to many Muslim countries too....Try going out the complex in future.
    Being from somewhere else...its extremely dangerous.
    Well Turkey,Tunisia,Algeria,Egypt,Pakistan.
    Try there.

    Radical Islam only really exploded at the fall of Saddam.

    But look at the religious history of most countries in the middle east,and look at the Koran...then you will see.

    WTF? You seriously need to read some history books. And some economic history too.

  15. #134
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,876
    Blog Entries
    1
    This post tells me you have never spent time with local People in these countries - the overriding feeling you get as a visitor is of the most incredible friendliness and welcome - it is beyond anything you experience in the West - you are welcomed into their home Like a family
    Member...they feed you and look after you in a way that is of incredible warmth and caring ...and with a consistency that it is impossible not to notice in these parts of the world

    Your views seem to be aligned to the propaganda of the right wing groups and media ....it is interesting that you talk and Islam as if it is a unified view , rather than extremists ..religious divides have caused almost every war since humans wandered the earth - and if you have noticed radical
    Islam more since the fall of Saddam - have you ever considered that is primarily due to the monstrous impact of normal people in the Iraq and Afghanistan caused by the warfare brought on to them through allied bombing ?

  16. #135
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Muslims are 'taking over' they are doing a pretty crap job.

    Circa 5% of the population, 2.3% of MPs in the Commons, 1.2% of the members of the House of Lords, in the history of the Scottish Parliament there have been only 4 Muslims MSPs, Northern Ireland has never had a Muslim MLA, no Muslims make up the senior Judiciary team, there are approx 1075 Mosques in the UK compared to over 50000 Christian Churches, only 3.5% of senior positions in FTSE100 companies are held by any ethnic or cultural minority.....

    Still you can get Halal meat in Tesco now so it's practically the same as living in Saudi Arabia.
    Sounds like a Dave King style takeover.

  17. #136
    Coaching Staff Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark/Palo Alto
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,478
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bacon guy was allover the news at the time..he had been killed.
    Ive been to many Muslim countries too....Try going out the complex in future.
    Being from somewhere else...its extremely dangerous.
    Well Turkey,Tunisia,Algeria,Egypt,Pakistan.
    Try there.

    Radical Islam only really exploded at the fall of Saddam.

    But look at the religious history of most countries in the middle east,and look at the Koran...then you will see.
    As is typical from you, no facts to support anything - just hyperbole, hatred and lies.

    You're a narrow-minded little bigot, and you've not visited any of these places or you'd know how full of **** that post is.

    I've travelled around Iran, Turkey, Morocco, and Egypt - I've embraced the cultures I've visited, eaten their food, respected their ways and have received nothing, NOTHING, but respect and hospitality back.

    Sling your hook already.

  18. #137
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    16,446
    I think comparisons to Christianity and cultures in other countries is slightly irrelevant. We really need to look at places in our own country with high Muslim populations to see if there are any issues and ask ourselves how we can solve them and think about what is going wrong. Christianity is on the decline in the UK while Islam is the fastest growing religion in Europe, with nearly 10% of the population expected to be Muslim in a decades time so intigration is going to be important.

    Unfortunately, there are apparently big problems in Northern towns like Blackburn etc...where some communities have been allowed to separate into religious and racial divides and fear has taken over. Its a complex issue but I believe that part of solving this will be to challenge any beliefs within any community that present an obstacle to integration. While right wing views must be challenged, we mustn't be afraid to ask questions of Islam and talk about the mysoginistic, homophobic nature of some of its more radical followers.

    Personally, I have no strong opinion as I live in a place that's about as ethnically diverse as a Hearts game so I don't see the problems (or positive things when a true multicultural society works) that others might do. One thing I do have is strong opinions on women's and gay rights and any belief that considers these groups, or anyone else to be inferior has no place in our modern society.

    Nothing should be off the table when it comes to discussions moving forward as all it will lead to is more division, more mistrust and more alienated angry young men who become entrenched and extreme. Shutting down debate in the name of racial harmony or pretending everything is perfect hasn't worked in the past. How we do all this without upsetting certain people within certain beliefs is another matter.

  19. #138
    Something to ponder is that Muslims are as much a victim to their ideology than anyone else.

    A lot of muslims are indoctrinated into Islam at an early age and this is all they know. Granted that could be said about all religions.
    Last edited by HomeTeam; 01-06-2018 at 02:23 PM.

  20. #139
    Testimonial Due Geo_1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my Joy Division Oven Gloves
    Posts
    4,106
    How did we get from a thread about an 80's pop star and gay icon to talking pish about religous intolerance.

  21. #140
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How did we get from a thread about an 80's pop star and gay icon to talking pish about religous intolerance.
    Up the 2468 motorway, surely 😄

  22. #141
    We have our own home grown religious extremists as well. Some prop up the government for the whole country......

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-44328000
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  23. #142
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think comparisons to Christianity and cultures in other countries is slightly irrelevant. We really need to look at places in our own country with high Muslim populations to see if there are any issues and ask ourselves how we can solve them and think about what is going wrong. Christianity is on the decline in the UK while Islam is the fastest growing religion in Europe, with nearly 10% of the population expected to be Muslim in a decades time so intigration is going to be important.

    Unfortunately, there are apparently big problems in Northern towns like Blackburn etc...where some communities have been allowed to separate into religious and racial divides and fear has taken over. Its a complex issue but I believe that part of solving this will be to challenge any beliefs within any community that present an obstacle to integration. While right wing views must be challenged, we mustn't be afraid to ask questions of Islam and talk about the mysoginistic, homophobic nature of some of its more radical followers.

    Personally, I have no strong opinion as I live in a place that's about as ethnically diverse as a Hearts game so I don't see the problems (or positive things when a true multicultural society works) that others might do. One thing I do have is strong opinions on women's and gay rights and any belief that considers these groups, or anyone else to be inferior has no place in our modern society.

    Nothing should be off the table when it comes to discussions moving forward as all it will lead to is more division, more mistrust and more alienated angry young men who become entrenched and extreme. Shutting down debate in the name of racial harmony or pretending everything is perfect hasn't worked in the past. How we do all this without upsetting certain people within certain beliefs is another matter.
    Excellent post, I've been trying to work out what to say on this thread for ages now but you have put it more succinctly than I ever could

  24. #143
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    22,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How did we get from a thread about an 80's pop star and gay icon to talking pish about religous intolerance.
    Sing if you're happy that way

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  25. #144
    @hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    between a brewery & distillery
    Posts
    12,123
    This could lead to war baby
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  26. #145
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    22,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This could lead to war baby
    Alternatively, it could be just Now Playing.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  27. #146
    @hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    6,608
    The Tommy Robinson news caused me to donate to the first two charities regardless of his actions or the home secretary's desire to keep this quiet. I think there are a lot of unreported cases of sexual grooming and violence spread right throughout almost every social group in almost every country on the planet. It's heartbreaking but some charities are working hard to educate people and help the victims.

    I couldn't give a **** about Robinson or Sajid Javid's interests regarding these horrific crimes. They are probably just the tip of a large iceberg.

    Lucy Faithful Foundation - £750
    Safe and Sound Group - $1050

    I made donations to Karuna Trust (based in UK but targeting India) after hearing about several political and/or religious gang rapes of young girls in India. I was so enraged at these stories that I wondered why we can't send the SAS to wipe out the perpetrators.

    Karuna Trust has excellent patrons like Dame Judy Dench and Ben Kingsley who must have been touched while making movies out in India. I think this charity does some excellent work.

    Karuna Trust (Specific project for Dalit female victims of violence) - $1000

    I like to donate at home too where these problems don't make it much onto the happy news reports.

    RAINN - $1000


    Regardless of free speech or all the political capital that various individuals or groups try to make out of this we have to support the victims.

    I am sure there are loads of other charities. Please recommend.
    Last edited by GreenLake; 01-06-2018 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Fixed link

  28. #147
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    sydney
    Age
    47
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure why this is relevant?
    As i understand it future, on court property, including outdoor,different rules apply. It is frequently ignored as often we see people leaving court and journalists on the steps trying to get a photo/comment but technically they are in breach.

    TR was on the public street and talking into his phone.

    Irrespective of views on that individual, and yes he had a suspended sentence sure, but when it becomes normalised to just nick someone on the street for a phone call, then a complete media ban for days only lifted due to social media pressure we have reached a scary place indeed.

  29. #148
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    sydney
    Age
    47
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something to ponder is that Muslims are as much a victim to their ideology than anyone else.

    A lot of muslims are indoctrinated into Islam at an early age and this is all they know. Granted that could be said about all religions.
    Of course people are just people, give me the child until they are 7 and all that. ideologies are the determinant.

    in Iran I believe there is a growing underground of secularism/atheism, but with apostacy being a death sentence, fear is understandable.

  30. #149
    Testimonial Due Stranraer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,142
    Blog Entries
    6
    I see Morrissey has jumped to Robinson's defence! I used to love Morrissey but he seems to have taken a huge swing to the right which has put me off.

  31. #150
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    13,471
    MR SPINACH: I wish to register a complaint!

    MR GAMMON: Sorry, we're closed --

    MR SPINACH: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this politician what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.

    MR GAMMON: Oh yes, the Tommy Robinson. What's wrong with it?

    MR SPINACH: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. It's racist, that's what's wrong with it!

    MR GAMMON: No, no, he's... er... taking an extreme stance to provoke debate.

    MR SPINACH: Look, matey, I know a racist politician when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

    MR GAMMON: He's not racist, he's provocative! Remarkable politician, the Tommy Robinson, innit. Beautiful verbiage.

    MR SPINACH: The verbiage don't enter into it. He's a massive racist.

    MR GAMMON: No, no, no! He's just provocative!

    MR SPINACH: All right then! If he's provocative, I'll rouse him! [Shouts at the politician] Ello, Mr Yaxley Lennon! I've got a lovely deputation of Bangladeshi protestors for you --

    [The politician reacts.]

    MR GAMMON: There, that wasn't racist!

    MR SPINACH: Oh, it was! He pulled a face! That politician is definitely racist, and when I purchased it not half an hour ago, you assured me that its ill-advised choice of language and regrettable actions were due to bad judgment caused by being weary from campaigning to save the English people!

    MR GAMMON: Well he's probably... pining for free speech.

    MR SPINACH: Pining for free speech? What kind of talk is that? And why did he try to start a protest outside the Court before I even got him home? He's bleeding racist!

    MR GAMMON: He's not racist, he's... opinionated!

    MR SPINACH: He is not opinionated! He's a massive racist! He's prejudiced! He's intolerant! He's xenophobically sectarian! He's a huge illiberal! He displays bias pursuant to the shade of dermatological integuement of a subject! He's so far right he's halfway back to left again! THIS IS A BIGOTED POLITICIAN!

    MR GAMMON [wilting]: Well, I'd better replace it then. How about this Boris Johnson?

    MR SPINACH: Is he racist?

    MR GAMMON [unwillingly]: ...a bit.

    MR SPINACH: Well he's no bleeding better than the other one, is he?

    MR GAMMON: I've got a shop soiled Jeremy Corbyn.

    MR SPINACH: Shop soiled? How can you tell?

    MR GAMMON: I think we're getting away from the original point of the joke, here, sir.

    MR SPINACH: And it's getting silly.

    MR GAMMON: All right, let's stop.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved