hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 309

Thread: Tommy Robinson

  1. #61
    @hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Newcastle/Gateshead
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,709
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... this is my point
    Your point was that “the reasoning about it doesn’t matter”. Well, Tommy Robinson is using “Muslim rape gangs” to forward the idea that Islam is not compatible with western society, and people are falling for it. He’s doing more harm than good on a societal level.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    16,559
    I agree with this article and the way it describes the differences between paedophile rings and these Muslim grooming gangs. And before anyone starts, it’s penned by a rape survivor and in a newspaper with a neutral editorial stance.

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...831.html%3famp

    One thing that jumps out is her opinion (which is shared by other victims) that people like Robinson, who want to tar all Muslims with the same brush, certainly aren’t helping.
    I actually agree with a lot of what he says about grooming gangs and terrorism etc...more should be done to stop indoctrination and preachers of hate should be punished.
    However, once you watch a few of his videos you can see through the veneer. He wants to propogate the idea that there is something fundamentally wrong with the faith and anyone who follows it, creating the narrative that there will never be social compatibility. One example is a video where there are a group of Asians fighting...”out of control” is the headline, as if it’s only Asians that fight.

    However, if people continually dismiss obvious links that are staring everyone in the face, it will probably force others into believing people like Robinson and seeing him as some sort of visionary.

  4. #63
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    58
    Posts
    49,268
    Can anyone explain why people like Gary Glitter and his ilk, had no reporting restrictions when they are in court, but these muslim grooming gangs do?

    Surely the law should be the same for every religion?

  5. #64
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,282
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can anyone explain why people like Gary Glitter and his ilk, had no reporting restrictions when they are in court, but these muslim grooming gangs do?

    Surely the law should be the same for every religion?
    The law is the same for everyone. It's just nobody else was stupid enough to turn up at court during a trial and attempt to broadcast slanderous claims of guilt before the trial was concluded. He was on a yellow card already so he shouldn't be surprised he got red.

    The judge sums it up quite nicely:

    In short, Mr. Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court, refer to people as ‘Muslim paedophiles, Muslim rapists’ and so on and so forth while trials are ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury that that is what they are, and you will find yourself inside. Do you understand? Thank you very much.

  6. #65
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    58
    Posts
    49,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The law is the same for everyone. It's just nobody else was stupid enough to turn up at court during a trial and attempt to broadcast slanderous claims of guilt before the trial was concluded. He was on a yellow card already so he shouldn't be surprised he got red.

    The judge sums it up quite nicely:

    In short, Mr. Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court, refer to people as ‘Muslim paedophiles, Muslim rapists’ and so on and so forth while trials are ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury that that is what they are, and you will find yourself inside. Do you understand? Thank you very much.
    I couldnt be arsed watching the video he did, is that what he was doing slandering folk?

    I only read a few posts that said he was reporting live on what they were up on charge with, like i have seen many times on mainstream tv.

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    22,894
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can anyone explain why people like Gary Glitter and his ilk, had no reporting restrictions when they are in court, but these muslim grooming gangs do?

    Surely the law should be the same for every religion?
    You probably read the same Tweet as I did.

    The point was well-made that reporting restrictions are put in place for a variety of reasons. It's unlikely that religion will be one of them.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  8. #67
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    58
    Posts
    49,268
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You probably read the same Tweet as I did.

    The point was well-made that reporting restrictions are put in place for a variety of reasons. It's unlikely that religion will be one of them.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Yip it came up on my twitter page, i did also read on there that his arrest and appearance in court was quick, all done in a few hours and handed a jail sentence.

    If he's guilty, he's only himself to blame.

    From the outside looking in, it does seem he's being given special treatment.

  9. #68
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    sydney
    Age
    47
    Posts
    539
    Tommy Robinson as I understand was not actually on court property, just talking into his phone.

    To me it smells of MI5. The growth of the internet has provided platforms like never before and it scares the establishment.

    The old cries of racism are starting to become meaningless for some. This is a culture war waiting to happen.

  10. #69
    I think it's perfectly possible that you can become so obsessed with an issue that confirmation bias overrules everything and you see only what you want to see. In this instance Robinson is utterly convinced that there is a conspiracy to protect and hide gangs of Muslim men committing deplorable acts and that's the only explanation for reporting restrictions that he can comprehend.

    I'd suggest there are a few potential explanations for the restrictions. Firstly witness and victim protection. Minority groups often live in communities within communities and it stands to reasons if the faces of the men on trial were splashed all over the paper identification of witnesses and victims and potential for pressure or intimidation is heightened. Secondly it could be possible the Police have attempted to 'flip' one or more of the accused, if they have been sent back into a community to try and expose further organised paedophilia it probably doesn't do their cover any good if people they are known to have associated with are men who are publicly on trial. It's also not impossible that as part of the investigation the Police have passed information over to the SIS. Contrary to the James Bond image the current requirements in a British spy are far more likely to be fluency in Arabic and the ability to engage with the Muslim community as opposed to being a hard drinking, womanising, upper middle class muscleman in a tuxedo. If there are ongoing investigations in a particular area again having people from that community all over the papers is potentially compromising. I'm not suggesting I'm correct and Robinson is wrong, it's just worth considering there are a myriad number of reasons as to why restrictions have been put in place.

    Finally the idea that Robinson has exposed this gang or any other is fanciful at best. The fact there is an ongoing trial suggests the authorities are well aware of these activities and are dealing with them. 'Successful' paedophile rings tend to be good at what they do and it can take years to untangle the networks; there are likely to be many investigations going on. Rather than exposing this group what Robinson has actually done is potentially jeopardise years of work and investigation to satisfy his own ego. If the trial collapses or an appeal is heard claiming mistrial it's possible a group of dangerous, predatory men could be released onto the streets. I think Robinson has been treated as a special case by being charged and sentenced so quickly but I'd argue it's for the protection of years of work to get these guys off the street rather than as part of an establishment ploy to turn a blind eye to paedophilia within the Muslim community.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  11. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think you will find he pretty much exposes how its one law for us...and a completely different rule if you follow the religion of peace!

    Ever heard the story of the Muslim guy that hit a policeman over the head with a brick?
    Was taken into police custody. His Imam turned up and told the police,release him now....or I will have 1000 people here in minutes.
    Guy was released without charge!

    How people cannot see there is a rule for the people of this country,and a rule for Muslims...has their head firmly buried in the sand.

    Try having 2 wifes...Youll be in jail.
    Some people are allowed by the law of this country however.
    I don't see a link to this clearly made up Daily Mail wet dream fantasy story. Have I missed it?

  12. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see a link to this clearly made up Daily Mail wet dream fantasy story. Have I missed it?
    I'm not sure if the post was a wind up or not? There are plenty genuine concerns about Islam and the Islamic migration into Europe without having to opt for the two scenarios he chose to highlight lol

  13. #72
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,381
    Quote Originally Posted by jockodile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tommy Robinson as I understand was not actually on court property, just talking into his phone.
    I'm not sure why this is relevant?

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,393
    Sentenced to 13 months.
    ​#PERSEVERED


  15. #74
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your point was that “the reasoning about it doesn’t matter”. Well, Tommy Robinson is using “Muslim rape gangs” to forward the idea that Islam is not compatible with western society, and people are falling for it. He’s doing more harm than good on a societal level.
    Yes. I recall his campaign against paedophilia in the Catholic church.

  16. #75
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,000
    Blog Entries
    1

    Tommy Robinson

    He is a hate filled person....has no interest in protecting the vulnerable ...this tweet sums it up for me IMG_0193.JPG


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bigwheel; 29-05-2018 at 01:44 PM.

  17. #76
    Irony is he's went down for longer than the grooming gang members will go down for.

    At least we can all sit and have a chug about diversity and how racist Robinson is.

  18. #77
    Coaching Staff Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark/Palo Alto
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,592
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irony is he's went down for longer than the grooming gang members will go down for.

    At least we can all sit and have a chug about diversity and how racist Robinson is.
    What do you base your latest garbage on, when the last instance of a gang being prosecuted for this resulted in a minimum term of 4 years for one of those involved, going up to 12 years and citizenship removals?

    The fact that he's a racist twonk doesn't factor into that he broke the law and has been punished.

    Just a crying shame that he'll (probably) get out to spew his bile in the not-too-distant future.

  19. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irony is he's went down for longer than the grooming gang members will go down for.

    At least we can all sit and have a chug about diversity and how racist Robinson is.
    That's just nonsense though isn't it?

    A 2 second search on Google shows that in 2017 a Muslim man convicted of grooming in Ashton under Lyme got 4 years and 6 months, 2 Asian men convicted of a rape in Accrington in 2012 got indefinite sentences, The Aylesbury ring that was tried in 2015 saw sentences of 3 to 19 years, The Banbury ring got sentences ranging from 3 to 9 years, a case in Birkenhead in 2017 saw a sentence of 4 years, 2 guys in Birmingham in 2017 got 10 and 5 years respectively, another case in the same city in 2017 saw a sentence of 7 years.

    I'm not sure if Robinson has been harshly treated for a contempt of court sentence but the claims he 'got longer than the paedos will' doesn't add up no matter how loud and how often people shout it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  20. #79
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irony is he's went down for longer than the grooming gang members will go down for.

    At least we can all sit and have a chug about diversity and how racist Robinson is.
    Do you actually believe this stuff ??


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  21. #80
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,448
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irony is he's went down for longer than the grooming gang members will go down for.

    At least we can all sit and have a chug about diversity and how racist Robinson is.
    Is this an extract from some kind of Tommy Robinson fan club statement?

  22. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irony is he's went down for longer than the grooming gang members will go down for.

    At least we can all sit and have a chug about diversity and how racist Robinson is.
    Have a word.
    Hopefully for him he doesn't bump into any Muslims in the pokey.

  23. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have a word.
    Hopefully for him he doesn't bump into any Muslims in the pokey.
    Like the man who was sent to jail for putting bacon on a mosque door handle and was then murdered in jail.

    I can't help but think Tommy Robinson is an agent provocateur. His rise to fame and the publicity he receives reeks of being a plant.

  24. #83
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    36,110
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have a word.
    Hopefully for him he doesn't bump into any Muslims in the pokey.
    Too late!

    http://newsthump.com/2018/05/29/form...erts-to-islam/
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  25. #84
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    22,894
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like the man who was sent to jail for putting bacon on a mosque door handle and was then murdered in jail.

    I can't help but think Tommy Robinson is an agent provocateur. His rise to fame and the publicity he receives reeks of being a plant.
    You mean this guy?

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.c...e-7573478/amp/

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  26. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    😁😁


  27. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean this guy?

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.c...e-7573478/amp/

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Cover story.

    The Mecca chapter of the Luciferians got to him.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  28. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean this guy?

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.c...e-7573478/amp/

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Yes that is him. Ok I over stepped the mark by saying he was murdered I thought he had been.

  29. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cover story.

    The Mecca chapter of the Luciferians got to him.
    Your on the right track of thought but go a little deeper with it, think about what Salman Rushdie was saying!

  30. #90
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,978
    So does this mean there probably won’t be any reruns of Blackadder or Time Team for a while?


















Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved