hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 203
  1. #121
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    21,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So how do you decide if you hold the door open for 10 different people who's dog just died and who is ignorant in an exchange lasting 2 seconds? This is how there is no context things like this have to be judged on the surface and it is ignorant.

    So you say you don't like it when somebody does not say thanks but now and again you think they may have a lot on mind. Can I ask how you go about deciding who to be annoyed at or not?
    I try to rise above it because, basically, it has little effect on my life.

    That doesn't always work, of course, because we're all bundles of emotional energy. But it does allow me the luxury of a lower blood pressure

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,512
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I try to rise above it because, basically, it has little effect on my life.

    That doesn't always work, of course, because we're all bundles of emotional energy. But it does allow me the luxury of a lower blood pressure

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Well smoke on my clothes has a bigger effect on my life than somebody not saying thanks if I hold door open and I think everyone on here me included has experienced that on lots of occasions. I found the smoking incident for me a quite rare scenario that I have experienced hence the thread on it.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  4. #123
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    14,654
    I know I said I couldnae give a dugs dangler but, just imagine if something a lot less trivial had happened. Smoke on your clothes in an outdoor environment, FFS, calm down a bit.

  5. #124
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    21,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well smoke on my clothes has a bigger effect on my life than somebody not saying thanks if I hold door open and I think everyone on here me included has experienced that on lots of occasions. I found the smoking incident for me a quite rare scenario that I have experienced hence the thread on it.
    You ever considered hypnotherapy?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  6. #125
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,512
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You ever considered hypnotherapy?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Nope you?
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  7. #126
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,512
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know I said I couldnae give a dugs dangler but, just imagine if something a lot less trivial had happened. Smoke on your clothes in an outdoor environment, FFS, calm down a bit.
    Maybe that doesn't bother you but it might bother others when they choose to do it next to you. I think FFS appears to be an overacting to this thread is it not? Maybe you might need to calm down a bit?
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 30-05-2018 at 10:04 PM.

  8. #127
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    14,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe that doesn't bother you but it might bother others and I am perfectly calm.
    Not if this thread's anything to go by, perspective may be worth considering.

  9. #128
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,512
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not if this thread's anything to go by, perspective may be worth considering.
    How do you come to that conclusion exactly? Perspective and context are abundant on the subject matter there seems to be more interest in looking into it far more deeply than required or needed and not by me.

    I took it at face value as it should be.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 30-05-2018 at 10:08 PM.

  10. #129
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    14,654
    Forget it, I'm out.

  11. #130
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    21,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope you?
    All the time. I'm a qualified hypnotherapist

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  12. #131
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,512
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All the time. I'm a qualified hypnotherapist

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Excellent do you have a couch?
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  13. #132
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    21,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Excellent do you have a couch?
    A bit presumptuous. Shouldn't you buy me dinner first?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  14. #133
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,512
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A bit presumptuous. Shouldn't you buy me dinner first?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    A steak meal?
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  15. #134
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    21,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A steak meal?
    God how 1970's.

    I'm presuming you'll start with prawn cocktail.

    Can I smoke afterwards?



    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  16. #135
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,512
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    God how 1970's.

    I'm presuming you'll start with prawn cocktail.

    Can I smoke afterwards?



    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Aye I'm inviting a lovely couple if that's OK though there dog may have died or some other catastrophe can you perhaps help them out over a fag or two.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  17. #136
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    21,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye I'm inviting a lovely couple if that's OK though there dog may have died or some other catastrophe can you perhaps help them out over a fag or two.
    Brilliant.

    Folks, I think we can close the thread now. CT has found his compassion again.



    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  18. #137
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,512
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brilliant.

    Folks, I think we can close the thread now. CT has found his compassion again.



    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Haha
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  19. #138
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keeping seats for people or a place in a queue for folk annoys me more.
    Holding up a shop queue while you go and do some more shopping is pretty bad manners.

  20. #139
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,512
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keeping seats for people or a place in a queue for folk annoys me more.
    FFS they are only keeping a seat for someone or a place in a queue. Calm down a bit.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  21. #140
    Testimonial Due Stranraer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,126
    Blog Entries
    6
    today in the supermarket a couple had their trolley in the way of the aisle and for some reason it really ticked me off.

  22. #141
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranraer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    today in the supermarket a couple had their trolley in the way of the aisle and for some reason it really ticked me off.

    A speaking trolley?!

  23. #142
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    21,105
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A speaking trolley?!
    I could do with one of them when I come out of the shops and I canny find my car.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  24. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know I said I couldnae give a dugs dangler but, just imagine if something a lot less trivial had happened. Smoke on your clothes in an outdoor environment, FFS, calm down a bit.
    Tried and tried and tried but can't. Thought perhaps a nucular holocaust, but I think that would also involve some smoke wafting about, so there's basically nothing.

  25. #144
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,512
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tried and tried and tried but can't. Thought perhaps a nucular holocaust, but I think that would also involve some smoke wafting about, so there's basically nothing.
    Defo something wafting about here and its not fag smoke. I wonder is keith Jackson or Chic Young on here? From telling a couple in a conversational normal and calm voice that "we will move table as we dont want smoke on us, ignorant *******s" Its been Rants, Volleys of abuse, the couple are just out for a harmless drink bless, they might have had issues, they may lack social skills, they have just been to tynecastle, yet I appear to have overreacted at the time.

    There maybe a job going at Sevcos' press office or Quintin Tarantino may want some advice on future projects from some. I wonder when the assault will have occured.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 31-05-2018 at 08:45 PM.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  26. #145
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,770
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FFS they are only keeping a seat for someone or a place in a queue. Calm down a bit.
    Aye, while people who turn up early (like me) are deprived of a seat by all the Caspers in the theatre.

  27. #146
    @hibs.net private member My_Wife_Camille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,558
    Blog Entries
    1
    I hate rude rude people so to stop them being rude Iím rude to them because itís not rude when Iím rude because they were rude first and me being rude is irrelevant
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by My_Wife_Camille; 01-06-2018 at 12:45 AM.

  28. #147
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,512
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate rude rude people so to stop them being rude I’m rude to them because it’s not rude when I’m rude because they were rude first and me being rude is irrelevant
    I really don't understand how a simple question is so difficult to grasp. If I was rude then fine but that is neither here nor there or what was asked, Its not an episode of Columbo here. I could have blew up the pub poured drink on them whatever it is indeed irrelevant, I am interested in do you think up to just before I reacted was their behaviour rude that is all?

    Let's pretend I never said anything then, let's make this real easy ok? Let's pretend it wasn't even me OK? Let's really make it simple let's say its you how about that?

    Would you find it rude if sitting at a table with quite a few spare tables around for a couple to not acknowledge you and sit down and then smoke right next to you.

    Would that be rude to you or not?

    If Yes great, If not fair enough.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 01-06-2018 at 01:52 AM.

  29. #148
    @hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    between a brewery & distillery
    Posts
    11,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Defo something wafting about here and its not fag smoke. I wonder is keith Jackson or Chic Young on here? From telling a couple in a conversational normal and calm voice that "we will move table as we dont want smoke on us, ignorant *******s" Its been Rants, Volleys of abuse, the couple are just out for a harmless drink bless, they might have had issues, they may lack social skills, they have just been to tynecastle, yet I appear to have overreacted at the time.

    There maybe a job going at Sevcos' press office or Quintin Tarantino may want some advice on future projects from some. I wonder when the assault will have occured.
    I think, if you had stopped at the bit in bold and omitted the bit in red you would have had some more sympathy, but by adding the bit in red you lowered yourself to being rude yourself, possibly more rude than the thoughtless smokers.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  30. #149
    @hibs.net private member My_Wife_Camille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,558
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't understand how a simple question is so difficult to grasp. If I was rude then fine but that is neither here nor there or what was asked, Its not an episode of Columbo here. I could have blew up the pub poured drink on them whatever it is indeed irrelevant, I am interested in do you think up to just before I reacted was their behaviour rude that is all?

    Let's pretend I never said anything then, let's make this real easy ok? Let's pretend it wasn't even me OK? Let's really make it simple let's say its you how about that?

    Would you find it rude if sitting at a table with quite a few spare tables around for a couple to not acknowledge you and sit down and then smoke right next to you.

    Would that be rude to you or not?

    If Yes great, If not fair enough.
    I can tell fine well that you donít understand, thatís why everyone on this thread is laughing at you.

    They were rude to you.

    You were rude to them.

    The only difference is that their rude behaviour was thoughtless and passive in nature. The only thing they were guilty of was being a bit selfish. Your rude behaviour was an intentional and active display of aggression. You knowingly chose to insult them which is much worse.

  31. #150
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,512
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were rude to you.
    Oh I think we both know I understand but finally I get an answer of course with a bit of mind reading and more assumptions on how people on here are thinking and on how the couples mindset was. So I have edited your reply to basically answer what I originally asked before I stood before the Warren Commission over it and before Columbo comes to my door to tell me "just one more thing Sir".

    So excellent we agree.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved