hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 203
  1. #91
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,947
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spot on! Same with lockers at the gym. Why does someone almost always get changed in the area next to me even the locker next to me although there are loads of free lockers in other parts of the changing room. Just reduces the amount of space we have for both of us. Drives me mad!!
    I must admit I'm surprised at the amount of people who appear to be inhibited.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,035
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Farthest corner, looking out over everybody. Nobody behind me.

    If only Tony Soprano had done that....

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Very good point and we'll remembered.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  4. #93
    I can sort of sympathise with some of the OP, but if the words used were as quoted, then your language and rant at them was equally as rude.

  5. #94
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can sort of sympathise with some of the OP, but if the words used were as quoted, then your language and rant at them was equally as rude.
    Interesting it's a rant now. Those were the words used so I am equally as bad ok then. I'm sure I will have assaulted every person in the pub by page 5.

    They are and remain a couple of ignorant fannies. What I said to them and the language used and them deciding its ok to light up cancer giving smelly fags in a strangers company isn't even comparable. Disgusting ignorant and rude couple who IMO in their late 50s early 60s should know better.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 30-05-2018 at 12:12 PM.

  6. #95
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting it's a rant now. Those were the words used so I am equally as bad ok then. I'm sure I will have assaulted every person in the pub by page 5.

    They are and remain a couple of ignorant fannies. What I said to them and the language used and them deciding its ok to light up cancer giving smelly fags in a strangers company isn't even comparable. Disgusting ignorant and rude couple who IMO in their late 50s early 60s should know better.
    Try to think of it from their perspective. They're an old couple just out for the day and have had to go outside to light up. No one owns the seats/no reservations, so they sit down at the first seats they fancy and light up. No one asks them if they wouldn't mind smoking somewhere else, so they sit enjoying their cig in the sun then you come along and swear at them and leave.

    I agree that they should have a) asked that it was okay to sit at the same table as you, and b) asked if they could smoke so close to you (without knowing the size of the table/space involved, I'll assume it's relatively small) - but your reaction was not proportional.
    Mon the Hibs.

  7. #96
    Testimonial Due LustForLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The Bus From Hell
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,733
    Iím too rude to read through all of this so not sure if this is appropriate. I used to word at Tesco Bank and I had never been in the company I do many rude people.

    The amount of times Iíd hold a door open for someone and not get a response of any sort was astounding. On one occasion I opened a door on two occasions for a woman holding a coffee cup in ken hand and a laptop in the other and she never said a thing. Nobodies how she would have managed if I hadnít held then door open for her.

    I wasnít looking for a tip or a big glowing reference, just a simple thanks would have been nice.

  8. #97
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    21,833
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try to think of it from their perspective. They're an old couple just out for the day and have had to go outside to light up. No one owns the seats/no reservations, so they sit down at the first seats they fancy and light up. No one asks them if they wouldn't mind smoking somewhere else, so they sit enjoying their cig in the sun then you come along and swear at them and leave.

    I agree that they should have a) asked that it was okay to sit at the same table as you, and b) asked if they could smoke so close to you (without knowing the size of the table/space involved, I'll assume it's relatively small) - but your reaction was not proportional.
    Old?

    **** off.


    🤣

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  9. #98
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím too rude to read through all of this so not sure if this is appropriate. I used to word at Tesco Bank and I had never been in the company I do many rude people.

    The amount of times Iíd hold a door open for someone and not get a response of any sort was astounding. On one occasion I opened a door on two occasions for a woman holding a coffee cup in ken hand and a laptop in the other and she never said a thing. Nobodies how she would have managed if I hadnít held then door open for her.

    I wasnít looking for a tip or a big glowing reference, just a simple thanks would have been nice.
    Just wondering. Are you using an Enigma machine?

  10. #99
    Testimonial Due Geo_1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my Joy Division Oven Gloves
    Posts
    4,078
    I recently stopped smoking and now use a vape to control my cravings. What has amazed me is, as I regain my sense of smell, I realise what a bunch of smelly *******s use public transport in Edinburgh. A quick wash and a splash of deoderant wouldn't go amiss most mornings.

    And as for the OP calling anybody rude. To react to their rudeness with what amounts to a verbal assault negates his right to complain.

  11. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting it's a rant now. Those were the words used so I am equally as bad ok then. I'm sure I will have assaulted every person in the pub by page 5.

    They are and remain a couple of ignorant fannies. What I said to them and the language used and them deciding its ok to light up cancer giving smelly fags in a strangers company isn't even comparable. Disgusting ignorant and rude couple who IMO in their late 50s early 60s should know better.
    It wasn't fannies I had guessed you used when you starred it out to be fair.... Regardless, neither party were breaking the law and you did react in a rude manner. We can only guess at how big the table was/space between you (I do think it's relevant) and the tone you used. Going by the way you've reacted in your first line here, I can imagine it wasn't particularly calm or pleasant . I haven't said that you were enitrely in the wrong by the way... just pointing out you behaviour (encountered by others) was also rude.

    As some have said.. look at it from their perspective. I can imagine an old boy posting on a forum about some younger fellae producing a rather unsavoury outburst at him while he enjoyed a drink and a smoke with his missus.


    As for the aforementioned folk that don't acknowledge a door being held for them (or similarly a driver not acknowledging someone letting them pass).. they are worse than fannies .. one of my biggest pet hates.

  12. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try to think of it from their perspective. They're an old couple just out for the day and have had to go outside to light up. No one owns the seats/no reservations, so they sit down at the first seats they fancy and light up. No one asks them if they wouldn't mind smoking somewhere else, so they sit enjoying their cig in the sun then you come along and swear at them and leave.

    I agree that they should have a) asked that it was okay to sit at the same table as you, and b) asked if they could smoke so close to you (without knowing the size of the table/space involved, I'll assume it's relatively small) - but your reaction was not proportional.
    Exactly what I was trying to say, in better words

  13. #102
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wasn't fannies I had guessed you used when you starred it out to be fair.... Regardless, neither party were breaking the law and you did react in a rude manner. We can only guess at how big the table was/space between you (I do think it's relevant) and the tone you used. Going by the way you've reacted in your first line here, I can imagine it wasn't particularly calm or pleasant . I haven't said that you were enitrely in the wrong by the way... just pointing out you behaviour (encountered by others) was also rude.

    As some have said.. look at it from their perspective. I can imagine an old boy posting on a forum about some younger fellae producing a rather unsavoury outburst at him while he enjoyed a drink and a smoke with his missus.


    As for the aforementioned folk that don't acknowledge a door being held for them (or similarly a driver not acknowledging someone letting them pass).. they are worse than fannies .. one of my biggest pet hates.
    We have now decided its a old couple just out for a drink and had to take stick off me and how I need to see it from their perspective. Aye very good.

    How about youngish couple just out for a drink in the sun pop into pub plenty of seats 10 mins later another couple arrive just sit down and start smoking. I don't give a toss if you are allowed to smoke or they were not doing anything wrong they were out of order potentially having our clothes reek of fag smoke.

    I'm not interested in their perspective as they were only interested in themselves which they proved with selfish behaviour. Disgraceful behaviour from them.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 30-05-2018 at 02:44 PM.

  14. #103
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try to think of it from their perspective. They're an old couple just out for the day and have had to go outside to light up. No one owns the seats/no reservations, so they sit down at the first seats they fancy and light up. No one asks them if they wouldn't mind smoking somewhere else, so they sit enjoying their cig in the sun then you come along and swear at them and leave.

    I agree that they should have a) asked that it was okay to sit at the same table as you, and b) asked if they could smoke so close to you (without knowing the size of the table/space involved, I'll assume it's relatively small) - but your reaction was not proportional.
    You have made them quite the couple and scenario just out for drink and the day, they were not forced outside as they sat outside as was nice day. Why should I need to ask them anything if not doing anything wrong?

    So they sit enjoying their cig then I come along is it? I needed come far they were next to me. They were bang out of order this couple just out for the day.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  15. #104
    Coaching Staff Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,387
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have now decided its a old couple just out for a drink and had to take stick off me and how I need to see it from their perspective. Aye very good.

    How about youngish couple just out for a drink in the sun pop into pub plenty of seats 10 mins later another couple arrive just sit down and start smoking. I don't give a toss if you are allowed to smoke or they were not doing anything wrong they were out of order potentially having our clothes reek of fag smoke.

    I'm not interested in their perspective as they were only interested in themselves. Disgraceful behaviour from them.
    You have sympathies from many that it's perhaps "not in the best of manners", but rhetoric like this is just making you look silly.

    Were you not capable of politely asking them whether they would mind sitting a little further away from you if they were planning to smoke? Civility appears to have been lost a little on both sides here.

  16. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have now decided its a old couple just out for a drink and had to take stick off me and how I need to see it from their perspective. Aye very good.

    How about youngish couple just out for a drink in the sun pop into pub plenty of seats 10 mins later another couple arrive just sit down and start smoking. I don't give a toss if you are allowed to smoke or they were not doing anything wrong they were out of order potentially having our clothes reek of fag smoke.

    I'm not interested in their perspective as they were only interested in themselves. Disgraceful behaviour from them.


    You're quite a touchy and sarcy individual eh?

    I actually agree with the general principle you set-out about people asking to join a table (whether smoking or not I find it the norm to ask out of politeness).

    I just don't agree that they're the nasty auld smokers while you're some sort of good guy for mouthing-off at them in such a way.

    If you're not interested in other perspectives, why did you make a thread telling us about it and ask the question on what we thought?

  17. #106
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    How about youngish couple just out for a drink in the sun pop into pub plenty of seats 10 mins later another couple arrive just sit down and start smoking. I don't give a toss if you are allowed to smoke or they were not doing anything wrong they were out of order potentially having our clothes reek of fag smoke.

    I'm not interested in their perspective as they were only interested in themselves. Disgraceful behaviour from them.


    You're quite a touchy and sarcy individual eh?

    I actually agree with the general principle you set-out about people asking to join a table (whether smoking or not I find it the norm to ask out of politeness).

    I just don't agree that they're the nasty auld smokers while you're some sort of good guy for mouthing-off at them in such a way.

    If you're not interested in other perspectives, why did you make a thread telling us about it and ask the question on what we thought?[/QUOTE]

    When did I say was good guy? They were a rude and arrogant couple I saw them you didn't you can decide on them all you like.

    I started a thread to hear other people's stories of rude behaviour in different circumstances. Not a full on analysis on the couple and what they were actually like and scenarios made up of what they were.

    I don't give a toss about what they thought.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  18. #107
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have made them quite the couple and scenario just out for drink and the day, they were not forced outside as they sat outside as was nice day. Why should I need to ask them anything if not doing anything wrong?

    So they sit enjoying their cig then I come along is it? I needed come far they were next to me. They were bang out of order this couple just out for the day.

    Generally, when you want things to change asking is the first step.

    Just because you're not doing something wrong doesn't mean that someone else is though. I, and many others, have said that they could have been much more polite about how they went about things but the only time someone was bang out of order in this scenario was when you ranted and swore at them. If you had politelly asked them to not smoke so close/at your table then this thread would have went very differently.
    Mon the Hibs.

  19. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Generally, when you want things to change asking is the first step.

    Just because you're not doing something wrong doesn't mean that someone else is though. I, and many others, have said that they could have been much more polite about how they went about things but the only time someone was bang out of order in this scenario was when you ranted and swore at them. If you had politelly asked them to not smoke so close/at your table then this thread would have went very differently.


    I was trying to work it out and I think CT means if the said couple aren't doing anything wrong (like others are apparently insinuating) then why should he need to ask them to do anything. Of course.. similar to me, you didn't say the old couple weren't at fault, only that CT's reaction was rude and not befitting of the situation.

    To be honest I was too scared to clarify the above for fear of being called a fanny

  20. #109
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I was trying to work it out and I think CT means if the said couple aren't doing anything wrong (like others are apparently insinuating) then why should he need to ask them to do anything. Of course.. similar to me, you didn't say the old couple weren't at fault, only that CT's reaction was rude and not befitting of the situation.

    To be honest I was too scared to clarify the above for fear of being called a fanny
    I think we disagree on my behaviour in the situation and seem more interested in that. I think it was fine and wasn't a rant or shouted it was a comment made at conversational volume.

    I think my actions were perfectly fine you don't that's fine.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  21. #110
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Generally, when you want things to change asking is the first step.

    Just because you're not doing something wrong doesn't mean that someone else is though. I, and many others, have said that they could have been much more polite about how they went about things but the only time someone was bang out of order in this scenario was when you ranted and swore at them. If you had politelly asked them to not smoke so close/at your table then this thread would have went very differently.
    I'm not asking or bothered how the thread went there probably would not have been one if I asked them to not smoke, however we are all different maybe you would have asked maybe not. I choose to move table and tell them why.

    I asked do you think they were rude you say above they could have been more polite that's good as that's all I was looking for an answer to that.

    My reaction does not make what they did any worse or better. If you think they were rude fine we agree if not we do not agree and plenty of people have said why they think what they did was fine, that's the discussion really on how we agree or disagree on smoking over people.

    What I did in reaction is totally irrelevant.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 30-05-2018 at 03:40 PM.

  22. #111
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,182
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should see the main entrance to the RIE, hundreds of cigarette ends scattered around the automatic doors, have to fight my way through groups of ignorant tossers going to & from work each day, they are practically standing in the mall smoking. I would have a sprinkler system go on & soak the ignorant gits each time they light up.
    Some of them are hooked up to machines. Smoking is likely to have played a part in their condition.

    It hard to imagine how much lower an individual can get really.

  23. #112
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    What I did in reaction is totally irrelevant.
    Not in a thread about rude behaviour.

    But yes, I think we broadly agree that the other couple should have acted differently.
    Mon the Hibs.

  24. #113
    @hibs.net private member happyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Age
    51
    Posts
    33,936
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of them are hooked up to machines. Smoking is likely to have played a part in their condition.

    It hard to imagine how much lower an individual can get really.
    They just dont give a toss, every morning I come into work the area outside the main doors are strewn with cigarette ends & discarded coffee cups beside an overflowing waste bin. The place is absolutley filthy, imagine visitors first visit to our flagship hospital, our major trauma centre of excellence 😦

  25. #114
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not in a thread about rude behaviour.

    But yes, I think we broadly agree that the other couple should have acted differently.
    Ahh but that would be for the delightful duo to come on and start a thread and discuss as they witnessed it and can decide if they think it's a rant etc etc.

    Glad we agree almost.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  26. #115
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    21,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ahh but that would be for the delightful duo to come on and start a thread and discuss as they witnessed it and can decide if they think it's a rant etc etc.

    Glad we agree almost.
    Of course, unless they are remaining silent, they don't have the opportunity to put their side of things.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  27. #116
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course, unless they are remaining silent, they don't have the opportunity to put their side of things.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    There is no side they sat next to us and thought fine to smoke on us if we hadn't moved. That is all there is to it.

    You either find that acceptable or not. I don't.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  28. #117
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    21,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no side they sat next to us and thought fine to smoke on us if we hadn't moved. That is all there is to it.

    You either find that acceptable or not. I don't.
    Of course there is a side.

    It might be as you describe. Or it might be that they'd just had a major shock. Or it might be that they'd just had a **** in the toilets. Or...Or...Or...

    Along with others on here, I hate when people don't thank me for holding the door open for them. Now and then, though, I have to remind myself that they may have **** going on in their lives and saying "thank you" is the last thing on their minds.

    Context is important.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  29. #118
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course there is a side.

    It might be as you describe. Or it might be that they'd just had a major shock. Or it might be that they'd just had a **** in the toilets. Or...Or...Or...

    Along with others on here, I hate when people don't thank me for holding the door open for them. Now and then, though, I have to remind myself that they may have **** going on in their lives and saying "thank you" is the last thing on their minds.

    Context is important.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Maybe I had stuff on my mind that caused me to as some folk think overreact? It's all irrelevant and on occasions as this it is purely judged on what happened not what in theory maybe going on in people's minds.

    We can't get into folks heads and go maybe they had this or that going on. I can't give context to it in any other way than it was simply rude and arrogant.

    It is rude and arrogant regardless of reason. You can only give context if you know all the facts in any situation you describe.

    So just never bother with rude behaviour as they may have had a crap day or worse how are you supposed to know that? Sorry but that is utter nonsense.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 30-05-2018 at 09:17 PM.

  30. #119
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    21,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I had stuff on my mind that caused me to as some folk think overreact? It's all irrelevant and on occasions as this it is purely judged on what happened not what in theory maybe going on in people's minds.

    We can't get into folks heads and go maybe they had this or that going on. I can't give context to it in any other way than it was simply rude and arrogant.

    It is rude and arrogant regardless of reason. You can only give context if you know all the facts in any situation you describe.

    So just never bother with rude behaviour as they may have had a crap day or worse how are you supposed to know that? Sorry but that is utter nonsense.
    You in the caring professions?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  31. #120
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You in the caring professions?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    So how do you decide if you hold the door open for 10 different people who's dog just died and who is ignorant in an exchange lasting 2 seconds? This is how there is no context things like this have to be judged on the surface and it is ignorant.

    So you say you don't like it when somebody does not say thanks but now and again you think they may have a lot on mind. Can I ask how you go about deciding who to be annoyed at or not?
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 30-05-2018 at 09:31 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved