hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 203
  1. #31
    Testimonial Due EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,914
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't surprise me as women are often the rudest in society in general, I hasten to add.

    Utterly self absorbed. They rarely even acknowledge my opening a door for them. As for selfish driving....
    Thatís a fairly sweeping generalisation youíve made.

    I think thatís a ridiculous thing to say that half the population behave in the same way.

    I always acknowledge someone holding a door open for me and can tell you men are just as bad for not saying thank you.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,222
    I honestly think people are getting ruder. I walk through the Kings Buildings regularly through many different doors and at least 60% of the time I don't get a thank you. Really boils my piss.

  4. #33
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,182
    I don't mind the occasional whiff of tobacco smoke. It reminds me of my youth!

  5. #34
    First Team Breakthrough 7 Up's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    115
    If the smokers were at a seperate table then I think they'd be entitled to do as they please, but since they joined the OP and his wife they should probably have asked if either minded beforehand.

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member My_Wife_Camille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,782
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My wife and I were sitting at a table in a beer garden yesterday. There were still quite a few tables free a couple in the shade but 2 or 3 the same as ours.

    A couple in their probably 60s decided to sit at end of our table as in the sun didn't ask if OK or ask if anyone else was sitting there as we may have been waiting for people.

    We do not smoke and I understand you can smoke in beer garden (I do not think you should but that's another argument) they then got out stinking roll ups and started smoking again not a word.

    I said to wife whom was not impressed that I am saying something which she didn't want to. I got up and said "it's OK you just stay there and we will move tables as we don't want smoke all over our clothes you 2 just do what you like ignorant *******s"

    Not a word from them. That sort of **** really annoys me.

    I would say that their behaviour was rude and arrogant?
    Their behaviour isnít great but your aggressive response is just as bad if not worse. How can you have the cheek to call someone rude and arrogant when you felt it was reasonable to walk up to a stranger, give a sarcastic rant and finish off by calling them ignorant *******s.


    They were a bit thoughtless and selfish but it was hardly a personal attack on you and your wife. You should be ashamed imo

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their behaviour isnít great but your aggressive response is just as bad if not worse. How can you have the cheek to call someone rude and arrogant when you felt it was reasonable to walk up to a stranger, give a sarcastic rant and finish off by calling them ignorant *******s.


    They were a bit thoughtless and selfish but it was hardly a personal attack on you and your wife. You should be ashamed imo
    I'm not ashamed it wasn't a rant it was a comment and I'm not one bit bothered or ashamed about it. Perfectly justified IMO.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 28-05-2018 at 08:19 AM.

  8. #37
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My wife and I were sitting at a table in a beer garden yesterday. There were still quite a few tables free a couple in the shade but 2 or 3 the same as ours.

    A couple in their probably 60s decided to sit at end of our table as in the sun didn't ask if OK or ask if anyone else was sitting there as we may have been waiting for people.

    We do not smoke and I understand you can smoke in beer garden (I do not think you should but that's another argument) they then got out stinking roll ups and started smoking again not a word.

    I said to wife whom was not impressed that I am saying something which she didn't want to. I got up and said "it's OK you just stay there and we will move tables as we don't want smoke all over our clothes you 2 just do what you like ignorant *******s"

    Not a word from them. That sort of **** really annoys me.

    I would say that their behaviour was rude and arrogant?
    Why should anyone have to ask permission to do something that's permissible?

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    18,089
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their behaviour isnít great but your aggressive response is just as bad if not worse. How can you have the cheek to call someone rude and arrogant when you felt it was reasonable to walk up to a stranger, give a sarcastic rant and finish off by calling them ignorant *******s.


    They were a bit thoughtless and selfish but it was hardly a personal attack on you and your wife. You should be ashamed imo



    Absolutley

  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not ashamed it wasn't a rant it was a comment and I'm not one bit bothered or ashamed about it. Perfectly justified IMO.
    You lost it by calling them ignorant (insert sweary word)

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why should anyone have to ask permission to do something that's permissible?
    I can sit anywhere in a pub I do mot need other people's agreement if I wish to sit at their table however out of courtesy I would ask if anyone sitting there as they could be in toilet. Maybe you wouldn't but I would.

    I also think that then lighting up right next to me without the even asking about sitting there is rude far ruder IMO than any reaction from me.

    OK so everything that is permissable you never need to check then? Everything?
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 28-05-2018 at 11:40 AM.

  12. #41
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can sit anywhere in a pub I do mot need other people's agreement if I wish to sit at their table however out of courtesy I would ask if anyone sitting there as they could be in toilet. Maybe you wouldn't but I would.

    I also think that then lighting up right next to me without the even asking about sitting there is rude far ruder IMO than any reaction from me.

    OK so everything that is permissable you never need to check then? Everything?
    If there's an ashtray on the table that might be considered as a heavy hint that smoking is allowed. Normally pubs with beer gardens will also promote the fact that smoking is allowed there because it brings in the customers.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there's an ashtray on the table that might be considered as a heavy hint that smoking is allowed. Normally pubs with beer gardens will also promote the fact that smoking is allowed there because it brings in the customers.
    There are ashtrays about but they sat next to us when others available.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Lovely stuff here in Glasgow sitting outside Mulberry Street Old guy at a table alone, young couple arrive and ask him if OK to sit at his table of course he said yes.

    Lovely manners there. Or you could just plonk your arse down.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  15. #44
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are ashtrays about but they sat next to us when others available.
    Was there a reserved sign on the table?

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was there a reserved sign on the table?
    No
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Somking in beer garden is a separate argument entirely. I am aware you can and that's that. IMO sitting right next to someone and just lighting up is rude some disagree fine.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  18. #47
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No
    Then surely the table is there for all customers to use.

    FWIW I get where you're coming from but can't see why it's worth getting all wound up about. At worst they are guilty of not showing any social skills but at best you reacted aggressively which in my book is worse.

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then surely the table is there for all customers to use.

    FWIW I get where you're coming from but can't see why it's worth getting all wound up about. At worst they are guilty of not showing any social skills but at best you reacted aggressively which in my book is worse.
    Fine if you I was worse fine. So would you ask a person to share table or just sit.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Do care about what is or isn't allowed IMO sitting at an occupied table without saying anything is rude and arrogant. Smoking at said table without a word again is rude and arrogant irrelevant if allowed.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  21. #50
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fine if you I was worse fine. So would you ask a person to share table or just sit.
    It depends on how big the table is. Depends on if there are other drink glasses on the table other than those of the present occupants. Depends on the people already occupying the table. Where I choose to sit depends on a lot of things. There might be a big scary dog near other tables, noisy kids, through way where customers and staff are constantly passing, near the toilets that stink or I might just simply always sit at the same table and might have done so for years.

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It depends on how big the table is. Depends on if there are other drink glasses on the table other than those of the present occupants. Depends on the people already occupying the table. Where I choose to sit depends on a lot of things. There might be a big scary dog near other tables, noisy kids, through way where customers and staff are constantly passing, near the toilets that stink or I might just simply always sit at the same table and might have done so for years.
    That is all irrelevant to be honest regardless of why you choose to sit at a table that has people already on it even if free tables would you say anything to them or just sit.

    Whatever the reason I would never sit at a table without checking.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 28-05-2018 at 12:35 PM.

  23. #52
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is all irrelevant to be honest regardless of why you choose to sit at a table that has people already on it even if free tables would you say anything to them or just sit.
    Not really, if I saw someone giving me the "don't dare sit here" daggers, chances are I do it anyway just to piss them off.

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really, if I saw someone giving me the "don't dare sit here" daggers, chances are I do it anyway just to piss them off.
    OK that's fine I find that rude you don't we can disagree no worries fancy a pint haha
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  25. #54
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK that's fine I find that rude you don't we can disagree no worries fancy a pint haha
    I'll start smoking again just for the occasion

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll start smoking again just for the occasion
    A pipe with old śhšg baccy, just so you're at the top end of the rudeness scale 😆

  27. #56
    Testimonial Due we are hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,225
    Smokers in general are ignorant and selfish. Just because you like smoking and the horrendous smell doesn't mean everyone else wants to smell it.

  28. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why? the difference is only in your head imo, we smokers have been treated as lepers and I am fine when it comes to not smoking indoors even when people who do not smoke are in my house but I will be ****ed if I am going to not smoke outside. maybe you should all get people in cars to stop driving too - no, that would probably impact you.
    I hate smoking but outside is kind of open enough to smoke in my opinion, so suck it up...or not as the case may be ....

    .....I am kind of being the stereotypical ignorant smoker by saying that and I do feel like that sometimes BUT seriouslly, I have just been diagnosed with COPD so it is something that needs to be slowly stopped as it is not nice seeing relatives dying because they cannot breath and I will be next unless I can cut it out.
    Bus shelters are an enclosed public space. I don't particularly like having my life shortened by passive smoking whilst I'm waiting for a bus!!

  29. #58
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    18,089
    I was working away one week and was in a hotel bar an had just ordered food and sat at a table that could fit four.
    This couple them came over and sat at the same table directly across from me.
    I honestly couldn't believe it :

    I then decided to take a picture of them secretly to post on Facebook and hadn't muted my phone .
    I was horrified when the shutter sound went off and they both looked at me knowing I had obviously taken a picture of them.
    I was mortified .

    My food then came but they still didn't move .

    I didn't call them *******s though :-)
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

  30. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't surprise me as women are often the rudest in society in general, I hasten to add.

    Utterly self absorbed. They rarely even acknowledge my opening a door for them. As for selfish driving....
    I dont know where you are but your mixing with the wrong women. I have a large friends group of women and i dont think any of us wouldnt say thanks to someone holding a door open for us.

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was working away one week and was in a hotel bar an had just ordered food and sat at a table that could fit four.
    This couple them came over and sat at the same table directly across from me.
    I honestly couldn't believe it :

    I then decided to take a picture of them secretly to post on Facebook and hadn't muted my phone .
    I was horrified when the shutter sound went off and they both looked at me knowing I had obviously taken a picture of them.
    I was mortified .

    My food then came but they still didn't move .

    I didn't call them *******s though :-)
    Where they smoking roll ups over you with it blowing over you out of interest?
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved