hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar

Bale shows all that is wrong and right with Top level football

Amazing goal..great performance...then when interviewed before they have even picked up the trophy he criticises the manager twice for not picking him from the start, then basically says he wants to leave, because he's not being picked and will be speaking to his Agent about a move !!!!

Unbelievable...no class...all about me me me...I didn't get to start..It's not fair...mah mah mah...I'm off..pathetic..quite liked Bale previously, but that was pathetic.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazing goal..great performance...then when interviewed before they have even picked up the trophy he criticises the manager twice for not picking him from the start, then basically says he wants to leave, because he's not being picked and will be speaking to his Agent about a move !!!!

Unbelievable...no class...all about me me me...I didn't get to start..It's not fair...mah mah mah...I'm off..pathetic..quite liked Bale previously, but that was pathetic.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Yep, my opinion of him plummeted there.

Overpaid, under-educated, narcissistic, unattractive, insecure footballer in selfish rant shocker

It's entertainment, not real life.

@hibs.net private member
    Not sure if you’ve been following la Liga lately but his recent performances have merited a start tonight and yet he is still on the bench and ultimately wins the game for Real. He has had a rubbish season simply because Zidane favours Isco over him, both are great players but when two players are so closely competitive then surely form dictates starting positions... not in Zidane’s eyes obviously.

What it sounded like to me was a come and get me plea of the most public... no one can deny it when said on live tv.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Not sure if you’ve been following la Liga lately but his recent performances have merited a start tonight and yet he is still on the bench and ultimately wins the game for Real. He has had a rubbish season simply because Zidane favours Isco over him, both are great players but when two players are so closely competitive then surely form dictates starting positions... not in Zidane’s eyes obviously.

What it sounded like to me was a come and get me plea of the most public... no one can deny it when said on live tv.

What he’s failed to acknowledge though is that the manager’s tactics have won them another champions league. Regardless of whether he thought he should have started, his team won. Shockingly self centred.

Thought it was a good and honest interview. As another poster just said he prob should have started and he’ll be gutted he wasn’t. If he’s not playing then why not put a come and get me out there after the biggest game in world football. The best players want to play every week, he’s no different and imo he was right in what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by WestEndHibee View Post
    What he’s failed to acknowledge though is that the manager’s tactics have won them another champions league. Regardless of whether he thought he should have started, his team won. Shockingly self centred.
    Exactly. Manager called it right. You scored the winning goal Gareth, lighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Thought it was a good and honest interview. As another poster just said he prob should have started and he’ll be gutted he wasn’t. If he’s not playing then why not put a come and get me out there after the biggest game in world football. The best players want to play every week, he’s no different and imo he was right in what he said.
    Yea so if Hendo had given that interview after the Scottish cup final you would have felt it was fine ? He had a pretty fair shout of a starting position..he was only on loan from Celtic so he could get matches.

Honesty is not always a good thing..there is a time and a place to air things in public and a time to shut up and stay classy.

Maybe Zidane felt that Bale would be most effective coming off the bench..looks like he was right

..whoever Bale signs for, the the manager better pick him or he'll throw his toys out the pram. Whoever he signs for he won't be playing for them, or for his teammates..he will be playing for himself. Self centered, arrogant, prima dona...oh and he's butt ugly and his hair is ridiculous

Good footballer...shallow person.

Who really cares? He just scored one of the best goals you will likely ever see in a cup final

He has spent a lot of time around that throbber Ronaldo, the self centered stuff probably stems from that.

He wouldn't have spoken like he did if he hadn't scored THAT goal. He now has the power to get the kind of contract that can buy islands in the Caribbean, not just fast cars. It's either PSG or Man City for him now.

Yea so if Hendo had given that interview after the Scottish cup final you would have felt it was fine ? He had a pretty fair shout of a starting position..he was only on loan from Celtic so he could get matches.

Honesty is not always a good thing..there is a time and a place to air things in public and a time to shut up and stay classy.
    I’d have no problem if Hendo had said that. That’s what you want players who want to play and if they think they are good enough and Bale is, he’s every right to let them know.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    He wouldn't have spoken like he did if he hadn't scored THAT goal. He now has the power to get the kind of contract that can buy islands in the Caribbean, not just fast cars. It's either PSG or Man City for him now.
    Correct and he’s bang on by doing so. Clever guy if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Marx View Post
    Who really cares? He just scored one of the best goals you will likely ever see in a cup final
    Exactly!

It's what they do with their boots that counts - not their mouths!

Quote Originally Posted by WestEndHibee View Post
    I agree with you totally, should have kept his gob shut.

Lennon should contact his agent. He'd (probably) start most games for us.

Correct and he’s bang on by doing so. Clever guy if you ask me.
    we’ll agree to differ.

we’ll agree to differ.
    For what it’s worth I can see why others see it the way you do as well. I’m more seeing it from his point of view. But yeah think this one we’ll have to agree to disagree. 👍🏼

I think the exact opposite. A brilliant professional who's had to sit back and watch it turn into the Ronaldo/Salah final- well that goal showed who the superstar is. Not wanting to sit on a bench and pick up his huge wage sums him up. The guy is class. And that goal was amazinggggggg.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Top level footballer wants to play all the time. Real shock. He deserved a start, didn't get it and when he came on showed be can make the difference. Don't see anything wrong with what he said and really don't see the issue. He was honest in his assessment, fair play and what a goal.

Where does he rank in the top UK players. Must be one of the most successful at Champions League level.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Regardless of what he said (thought it was a bit poor myself) Bale shouldn't be sitting on anyone's bench.

That's a bollox post IMO

Left by mutual consent!

Be critical all you want,3 years running hes done it as a manager.
    Has any other manager even won Champions league 3 times..Never mind in a row???

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Top level footballer wants to play all the time. Real shock. He deserved a start, didn't get it and when he came on showed be can make the difference. Don't see anything wrong with what he said and really don't see the issue. He was honest in his assessment, fair play and what a goal.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

I didn't take it in that context at all, I thought it was a decent honest interview by a player who felt disappointed at not starting.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I thought he was refreshingly honest in his interview and seemed genuinely gutted that he’s having to leave to get a regular game.