hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

800 tickets at ibrox from now on

For all clubs including Celtic. Hopefully we cut their allocation permanently to similar. And hopefully the hibs fans fill the extra seats in the south stand.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Where are you reading this?

How many did Celtic used to get?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For all clubs including Celtic. Hopefully we cut their allocation permanently to similar. And hopefully the hibs fans fill the extra seats in the south stand.
    Not much less than usual for us

Quote Originally Posted by Hibster View Post
    How many did Celtic used to get?
    About 6000 I think. They got the full Broomloan stand.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    About 6000 I think. They got the full Broomloan stand.
    Was around 8000. So cutting them by 7k. They’ll need to expect the same at Parkhead now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On huns official.site

Spiteful for the sake of it. They're only shooting themselves in the foot with reducing Celtic tickets.

Us and heart have an agreement and see the sense in sticking with it, the Rangers don't have common sense though....

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Arrogance beyond belief

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines...s-a-thank-you/

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Beggars belief from that particular club.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Had to chuckle at the celtc fan's comment I read earlier asking if Michael O'Halloran will still get a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Cheers.

Unlike their reaction to us cutting their allocation, I don't expect us to make any statements about this. They are quite within their rights to look after their own fans first.

Hopefully we can do likewise and cut their allocation at Easter Road to about 500 tickets.

Wonder if there could be long-term implications..surely the big away supports at old firm games, and the resulting atmosphere, is a big part of selling the tv rights in England and worldwide (if it is even sold world-wide now, I have absolutely no idea)

Cheers.

Unlike their reaction to us cutting their allocation, I don't expect us to make any statements about this. They are quite within their rights to look after their own fans first.

Hopefully we can do likewise and cut their allocation at Easter Road to about 500 tickets.
    Sounds like they want to sell another 7000/8000 season tickets, must need the money

Give them 50 to 100 max

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I'd be surprised if they follow through and do this to celtc. Doesn't really make any difference at all to us. The more hostile they try to make it the more fun it is when we inevitably gub them.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I'd be surprised if they follow through and do this to celtc. Doesn't really make any difference at all to us. The more hostile they try to make it the more fun it is when we inevitably gub them.
    Depends on how many season tickets they sell

Has the figure of 800 actually been quoted anywhere?

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Well hopefully we give them and celtic no more than 1000 tickets for easter road from now on. I wish every club in the league would take a stand and limit the amount of fans they are allowed at away games. Greed usually plays a part however ..

@hibs.net private member
    fun fact, if you go to the rangers page and scroll all the way down you should see this 'No SC425159' a quick Google search and information on the company and when formed😂

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Sounds like they want to sell another 7000/8000 season tickets, must need the money
    This 100%. They need more money upfront to fund the ‘Stevie G revolution’. Fools and their money....

I'd give them 300 odd tickets and demand we get the 10% or whatever it is we are entitled too in cups.I fully expect Hibs, hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic at least to reduce their allocation.
    Last edited by we are hibs; 24-05-2018 at 05:27 PM.

I don't see the 800 figure in that article. Where did you see that?

FWIW, I don't think Hibs will make a habit of giving them a reduced allocation, as we did in the last game.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 24-05-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I don't see the 800 figure in that article. Where did you see that?
    Think someone has plucked this figure
    We usually get 3 blocks, which is around 950 or so

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Meh

Makes little difference to us but can't imagine Celtic will be too chuffed by it.

Clearly desperate to bring money in upfront rather than having it come in on a weekly basis through the season from selling these tickets game by game.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    fun fact, if you go to the rangers page and scroll all the way down you should see this 'No SC425159' a quick Google search and information on the company and when formed😂
    Brilliant! Look at the name at the bottom of this too
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC425159
    Last edited by givescotlandfreedom; 24-05-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Meh

Makes little difference to us but can't imagine Celtic will be too chuffed by it.

Clearly desperate to bring money in upfront rather than having it come in on a weekly basis through the season from selling these tickets game by game.
    Celtic have released a response

I hate Rangers (either version) as much as anyone else.
    Nasty, horrible, bigoted cheats on the whole with staggering arrogance and a massive sense of entitlement.

That said I see no particular issue with what they're basically doing (outside of the usual childish "nobody likes us and we care quite a lot actually" statement written by an adolescent) - if you think you can sell the seats to your own fans then it's a decision any club has to make:
    Load the home support at the expense of losing access to the away support or aim for a more balanced approach.

We were (rightly) advocating a reduced away allocation for the last game of the season with the only real difference being we were still giving them a larger percentage of the ground than they do for us. But let's be honest here - if we had a corner of the ground that could fit 200 fans and we were confident of selling 19,800 tickets to Hibs fans a lot of us would see the sense in doing just that (doubly so versus Rangers).

You also have to consider that one of the main roadblocks to league reconstruction to what many folk think is a sensible two fixtures against each other club is the old firm away support and the money it brings in. Any move weaning clubs off that dependency is imo a good thing - the complaint about the dominance of the OF while basing your financial planning on their large away support isn't something that sits well with me.

The entire Scottish game would be in a significantly healthier state if there were more clubs outwith the OF averaging 10,000+ and it would certainly benefit from clubs being able to finance themselves largely from a healthy attendance.

Kilmarnock are particularly shoddy - 18,000 capacity stadium and a good season with < 6,000 average attendance.

Next year is huge for us - if we can keep the attendances up (or even build on them) we can get to a point where it's difficult to get a ticket for a lot of games. That drives up Season Tickets and drags back a lot of lapsed Hibees.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Here's the difference. Their club statement in regard to this was petty.

Our statements are that little bit grander.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    I hate Rangers (either version) as much as anyone else.
    Nasty, horrible, bigoted cheats on the whole with staggering arrogance and a massive sense of entitlement.

That said I see no particular issue with what they're basically doing (outside of the usual childish "nobody likes us and we care quite a lot actually" statement written by an adolescent) - if you think you can sell the seats to your own fans then it's a decision any club has to make:
    Load the home support at the expense of losing access to the away support or aim for a more balanced approach.

We were (rightly) advocating a reduced away allocation for the last game of the season with the only real difference being we were still giving them a larger percentage of the ground than they do for us. But let's be honest here - if we had a corner of the ground that could fit 200 fans and we were confident of selling 19,800 tickets to Hibs fans a lot of us would see the sense in doing just that (doubly so versus Rangers).

You also have to consider that one of the main roadblocks to league reconstruction to what many folk think is a sensible two fixtures against each other club is the old firm away support and the money it brings in. Any move weaning clubs off that dependency is imo a good thing - the complaint about the dominance of the OF while basing your financial planning on their large away support isn't something that sits well with me.

The entire Scottish game would be in a significantly healthier state if there were more clubs outwith the OF averaging 10,000+ and it would certainly benefit from clubs being able to finance themselves largely from a healthy attendance.

Kilmarnock are particularly shoddy - 18,000 capacity stadium and a good season with < 6,000 average attendance.

Next year is huge for us - if we can keep the attendances up (or even build on them) we can get to a point where it's difficult to get a ticket for a lot of games. That drives up Season Tickets and drags back a lot of lapsed Hibees.
    Decent post, but a game is about 2 sets of fans and teams
    If Hibs/Hearts did this for our Derby, the game would be much poorer for it