hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Come Fly With Me - Neil Lennon

Come Fly With Me Website Banner.jpg

Wow, what a Season that was.

I cannot remember the last time I enjoyed a Season so much, and to top it all off with a place in Europe is just brilliant.

The Club has come a long way in the last three years and I'm sure you will all agree huge credit for this must be given to Leeann and George Craig. Neil, and Alan before him, have all brought enjoyment back to following the Hibs.

With this in mind I want to make a simple appeal to you today. Come fly with Neil and help him on this great journey to get our great Club right back to the forefront of Scottish football. Like all great journeys they don't come cheap, but when you find a great destination the price is worth it. The Board have shown great ambition over the last few years and have backed our Managers with as much as they can. The reality however is that our closest competitors have fan schemes that are now supplementing their playing budgets by huge amounts. If we want to help Neil and give him a level playing field, we, the fans, have the opportunity to support him. We cannot just look to someone else to fund our ambitions.

To our existing members/donators I want to say thank you so much. The only thing I can ask of you is to seek out and encourage a fellow Hibs supporter to join HSL or at least make a one off donation.

To previous donators can I ask you to consider resuming your Direct Debit. It doesn't have to be at the same level, even £10 per month makes a huge difference.

To supporters who have not yet joined can I ask for your support. HSL donators are doing fantastic but we really need more supporters to offer their generosity, if they are in a position to do so. I certainly don’t want to see Neil at a disadvantage when competing with our closest rivals.

I often hear my fellow supporters talk about this being "our Club". If this is true, and we want it to be strong and healthy, we need to get right behind it. A football Club just eats up money when you consider the infrastructure it has to support. We have an opportunity here to get our money straight into the football budget.

So come on board, join this flight for a great destination.

Jackie McNamara
    Director

Click here to back Neil next season with a one-off £25 donation!

Click here to join HSL today and choose your own custom donation option.
    Last edited by OfficialHSL; 24-05-2018 at 08:20 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I cannot remember the last time I enjoyed a Season so much, and to top it all off with a place in Europe is just brilliant.

The Club has come a long way in the last three years and I'm sure you will all agree huge credit for this must be given to Leeann and George Craig. Neil, and Alan before him, have all brought enjoyment back to following the Hibs.

With this in mind I want to make a simple appeal to you today. Come fly with Neil and help him on this great journey to get our great Club right back to the forefront of Scottish football. Like all great journeys they don't come cheap, but when you find a great destination the price is worth it. The Board have shown great ambition over the last few years and have backed our Managers with as much as they can. The reality however is that our closest competitors have fan schemes that are now supplementing their playing budgets by huge amounts. If we want to help Neil and give him a level playing field, we, the fans, have the opportunity to support him. We cannot just look to someone else to fund our ambitions.

To our existing members/donators I want to say thank you so much. The only thing I can ask of you is to seek out and encourage a fellow Hibs supporter to join HSL or at least make a one off donation.

To previous donators can I ask you to consider resuming your Direct Debit. It doesn't have to be at the same level, even £10 per month makes a huge difference.

To supporters who have not yet joined can I ask for your support. HSL donators are doing fantastic but we really need more supporters to offer their generosity, if they are in a position to do so. I certainly don’t want to see Neil at a disadvantage when competing with our closest rivals.

I often hear my fellow supporters talk about this being "our Club". If this is true, and we want it to be strong and healthy, we need to get right behind it. A football Club just eats up money when you consider the infrastructure it has to support. We have an opportunity here to get our money straight into the football budget.

Jackie MacNamara
    Director

Have joined with the 18.75 DD. GGTTH

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Good stuff.

HSL, I don’t think you have an explicit sign up option to get updates. You really should.

As it is, you’ve left fulfilment and confirmation emails to Go Cardless, which is necessary but a bit dry and unsatisfactory on their own.

If you haven’t already, you should add a thanks from Neil or something...

Totally agree with Jackie on this the difference this could make to our playing budget I don't think I've ever enjoyed being a hibby for many a long year the football has been a joy we don't want to stagnate or worse go back to the darker days let's seize this moment take our club to a new level let's get right behind the manager and give him the budget as he talked about recently to move us upwards again I've just donated my one off payment as advertised it was quick and easy please if you can let's do it for the love of our great club cheers Ggtth

@hibs.net private member
    Ok, I decided to contribute £225 as a one off to attain membership but when I go to "single donation" the only two options are to apply for membership and set up a DD (which I don't want to do) or "I do not wish to apply for Membership but have made a non-refundable donation".

It seems to me that if one has donated the amount required to attain membership then a third option should be made available.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Pity we can't get these flagged as "HSL" and have them sit with some importance. They can sometimes be lost on here. I'm a 18.75 DD and made a donation of £25 as well. If things are OK next month I may do another £25 on top of my DD.

Come on people, we can make this a real success and encourage future generations to go see football rather than hoofball! We've already seen the impact over the past few years but we can still go further! If we all chip in the price of 4-5 teas of coffees at Gregg's per month we could make a huge difference to Hibs. Not everyone can afford it but debating whether to do it while spending £10-40 on coffee per month doesn't make sense unless you love and support Greggs of course...

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Good stuff.

HSL, I don’t think you have an explicit sign up option to get updates. You really should.

As it is, you’ve left fulfilment and confirmation emails to Go Cardless, which is necessary but a bit dry and unsatisfactory on their own.

If you haven’t already, you should add a thanks from Neil or something...
    Jacomo
    Thank you for your constructive comments. We have a facility to sign up to our Newsletter which we will run quarterly and provide updates. We also have a section on the web site which will be constantly updated with number of donators and funds raised.
    Regarding the thank you communication we understand that as well as receiving the standard receipt from Go Cardless you should also be redirected to a Thank You page from us. If you did not get that I would be most grateful if you could lets us know and we can take it up with the web developer.
    Thank you so much for your support.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by haagsehibby View Post
    Ok, I decided to contribute £225 as a one off to attain membership but when I go to "single donation" the only two options are to apply for membership and set up a DD (which I don't want to do) or "I do not wish to apply for Membership but have made a non-refundable donation".

It seems to me that if one has donated the amount required to attain membership then a third option should be made available.
    Haagsehibby
    Thank you for your support.
    We understand your comment but please don't worry and be mislead by the term "Direct Debit". Most people think it means regular monthly payments but it doesn't . Go Cardless have a one off single direct debit and this means only one payment will be collected. Once payment is received you will be able to download your Membership Certificate.

HSL

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Jacomo
    Thank you for your constructive comments. We have a facility to sign up to our Newsletter which we will run quarterly and provide updates. We also have a section on the web site which will be constantly updated with number of donators and funds raised.
    Regarding the thank you communication we understand that as well as receiving the standard receipt from Go Cardless you should also be redirected to a Thank You page from us. If you did not get that I would be most grateful if you could lets us know and we can take it up with the web developer.
    Thank you so much for your support.

HSL

Yes it did redirect thanks.

However, what I mean is that if you include a tick box to stay in touch at the check out process, you can also send an automated email from HSL as well as the Go Cardless ones.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    great Promo..already a member with a regular direct debt every month. C'mon fellow Hibees, if you have joined yet...do it NOW !

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Pity we can't get these flagged as "HSL" and have them sit with some importance. They can sometimes be lost on here. I'm a 18.75 DD and made a donation of £25 as well. If things are OK next month I may do another £25 on top of my DD.

Come on people, we can make this a real success and encourage future generations to go see football rather than hoofball! We've already seen the impact over the past few years but we can still go further! If we all chip in the price of 4-5 teas of coffees at Gregg's per month we could make a huge difference to Hibs. Not everyone can afford it but debating whether to do it while spending £10-40 on coffee per month doesn't make sense unless you love and support Greggs of course...
    ... or enjoy drinking their coffee 4 or 5 times a month.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    So are you for or against st HSL?

Hearts are racing away on this front with over 4x as many contributors, need o get as many people as involved as possible!

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    There is a difference in drinking coffee 4 or 5 times a month, and going to Starbucks or Greggs 4 or 5 times a month (or even per week!).

Each to their own though, the analogy I used was to show what a donation to HSL would actually be comparable to. Not necessarily to replace coffee... Point was people will spend time to think about HSL and might decide to leave it, while at the same time they do not think about money they are spending on other things in their life (I'm at fault for that as well!).

If we had all season ticket holders putting in £5 a month then it would be much easier for all. We are currently at a relatively low number so we are relying on lower numbers donating higher amounts. Strength is in the numbers on this one.

Enjoy your coffee though!

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Can finally access through mobile.

£18.75 DD set up.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Jackie McNamara
    Director

I’m already contributing monthly but felt inspired to chip in a one-off payment after reading Jake’s post. It wouldn’t let me complete as my email is already registered. How can I make my donation using my already registered email?

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I’m already contributing monthly but felt inspired to chip in a one-off payment after reading Jake’s post. It wouldn’t let me complete as my email is already registered. How can I make my donation using my already registered email?
    If you log-in, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Leithenhibby View Post
    If you log-in, you should be fine.
    Mmm. My login details were saved on my phone when signing up. Its not accepting them now. When I enter my email address to reset password it says the user doesn’t exist - despite it telling me earlier my email was already registered. Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Mmm. My login details were saved on my phone when signing up. Its not accepting them now. When I enter my email address to reset password it says the user doesn’t exist - despite it telling me earlier my email was already registered. Bizarre.
    When they launched the new website, I had an email from HSL giving me a 'first password', that I then changed upon login. You already done that I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    When they launched the new website, I had an email from HSL giving me a 'first password', that I then changed upon login. You already done that I take it?
    My email is full of GDPR pish so I missed the HSL one with the one-time password. Found it now, password updated and donation made. Cheers.

Just started a new job, so as soon as I get my first pay I'll be signing up for £10 a month ..... the fact that my partner wont be getting told about it should be enough for folk to know what a sacrifice that is .... she already thinks the amount I spend on 'that stupid game' is insanity

Edit.

Just to be clear .. its not the money that's the problem, just what I'm spending it on ... nobody should spend money they cant afford on a football team ... not even Hibs.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 24-05-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Not sure why it's taken me so long, but finally signed up this morning. Maybe it was the analogy about coffee, but it got me thinking about the money I fritter away each month that I have nothing to show for. I can forgo the odd coffee and M&S sandwich, for the sake of a stronger Hibs.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Just started a new job, so as soon as I get my first pay I'll be signing up for £10 a month ..... the fact that my partner wont be getting told about it should be enough for folk to know what a sacrifice that is .... she already thinks the amount I spend on 'that stupid game' is insanity

Edit.

Just to be clear .. its not the money that's the problem, just what I'm spending it on ... nobody should spend money they cant afford on a football team ... not even Hibs.
    Might as well tell her, you're already on nae nookie so how much worse can it get?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I can't see any viable alternative to us keeping up with Hearts financially without a healthy and heavily subscribed HSL.

The added bonus is that with every share we collectively buy, we dilute the current ownership and get more of the club into the hands of the support.

There are only positives with HSL as far as I'm concerned, this is our biggest opportunity to move the club on a level. Hearts and Aberdeen have had great take on similar schemes, we will get left behind if we don't get involved imho.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I’ve decided I’m going to increase my monthly contribution by a tenner every time we lose a derby to hearts.... ffs Hibs don’t let me down, I’m not made of money!

(I was going to do it every time we win a derby, but to be honest it would leave me broke in no time)

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I can't see any viable alternative to us keeping up with Hearts financially without a healthy and heavily subscribed HSL.

The added bonus is that with every share we collectively buy, we dilute the current ownership and get more of the club into the hands of the support.

There are only positives with HSL as far as I'm concerned, this is our biggest opportunity to move the club on a level. Hearts and Aberdeen have had great take on similar schemes, we will get left behind if we don't get involved imho.
    100% this

The remedy is in our hands the question is whether we have the collective will and commitment to take it

Quote Originally Posted by hibee316 View Post
    So are you for or against st HSL?

Hearts are racing away on this front with over 4x as many contributors, need o get as many people as involved as possible!
    Very much for it. I just don't buy into the notion that people who drink more expensive coffee than others are lovers or supporters of Greggs, while not being loyal to Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    There is a difference in drinking coffee 4 or 5 times a month, and going to Starbucks or Greggs 4 or 5 times a month (or even per week!).

Each to their own though, the analogy I used was to show what a donation to HSL would actually be comparable to. Not necessarily to replace coffee... Point was people will spend time to think about HSL and might decide to leave it, while at the same time they do not think about money they are spending on other things in their life (I'm at fault for that as well!).

If we had all season ticket holders putting in £5 a month then it would be much easier for all. We are currently at a relatively low number so we are relying on lower numbers donating higher amounts. Strength is in the numbers on this one.

Enjoy your coffee though!
    I don't like coffee.

I like your enthusiasm and agree with most of what you're saying by the way.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I don't like coffee.

I like your enthusiasm and agree with most of what you're saying by the way.
    Neither do I. Barely enjoy tea to be fair.

Yeah, just want people to get behind this because the more people we have the easier it becomes for everyone. I'd obviously prefer to be giving less per month but I'm content with stretching to what I give. However, if we get even 5000 giving something small per month it'll make it easier and we can make the decision of joining much simpler. People tend to follow the masses (gives a sense of assurance) and we'd be making real difference with really small donations that collectively add up.

As always though it should be about how much you can afford, my main appeal is to those of us (me included) that can be a bit carefree with cash in other areas of life from time to time but are pondering whether they should give Hibs a donation. Everyone deserves their right to choose, I just hope people are not dismissing HSL blankly without consideration.

HSL is a vehicle for us to take the club we love to the level we desire. If we fund more then we can reach for greater heights. If we don't then the club will function within its means unlike some. £25 one off donations would make a huge difference if people cannot afford to sign up to DDs.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I’ll stick an extra hundred in every time we win at Tynecastle.

i think I’m on safe enough ground with that one.

Well done to all at HSL and I think the social media output has been superb lately, keep up the good work.

With no sign of FOH numbers dropping off and constant articles from #allisbarry that keep them in the news I really hope HSL can push on and narrow the gap before they pay Budge off and then bring that financial advantage to the 1st team. Money talks and we are largely fishing in the same pond for players.

I just checked the HSL website and the 'About' page has a total at the bottom of the current number of people signed up, we are at 1,826. How about an HSL 'dot count' type thread on here and let's see if we can get this to over 2,000 people?