hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John Terry

1. Log in to remove the advert

What a total clown.
    Imagine the unlikely scenario that villa and chelski are neck and neck for the title and you are aware that your CAPTAIN!!! would not want to play in a possible league decider against his former club. That he would actively want to avoid winning the title for his club, teammates, supporters and crucially his employers. Farcical.
    Not only that he wouldn't want to play in a head to head. But what about any other scenarios where winning a game for villa against a.n.other turns out to be detrimental to chelski? How can they have any faith/trust in this idiot when he ultimately stating that he hold the interests of another club over and above that of his own club.
    What an arrogant douche-bag. He shouldn't be hounded out of villa...he should be hounded out of football.

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo
    I can understand this to be honest. Especially if he's been so upfront and honest about it.

Can any of us truly say hand on heart that if we were playing against hibs we'd give 100% or even want to play?

Yes it's somewhat childish but if he's in a position where he can say this and get this agreed then why shouldn't he?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    According to the Birmingham Mail Steve Bruce is happy to go with it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is some session if you are starting tomorrow. Be careful and pace yourself.

oops.

Had the pleasure of meeting John Terry at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

If it's true then it's a disgrace and I hope Aston Villa tell him where to shove his contract.

I assume he is happy to have his pay reduced for the weeks that he's effectively withdrawing his services?

What a fanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    Had the pleasure of meeting John Terry at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.
    Very good, Brian.

People jumping to conclusions without reading the fact that it was the managers idea to allow him the option of playing against his former club

Bruce “I’m sure he will give it a good go if we get promoted and enjoy the challenge of it. We’ll not pick him against Chelsea if that’s he wants.”

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    He's no dead is he?

Remove the contract offer and tell him to GTF, arrogant knobhead.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Remove the contract offer and tell him to GTF, arrogant knobhead.
    Suspect they'll have weighed up having him missing for 2 game of the season where any points would be considered a bonus against telling a very good defender for them to "GTF" and not having him at all in what promises to be a tough season ahead (regardless of what division they're playing in). He's getting on a bit now and doubt he'll play all the games anyway? Only difference to Villa is they've highlighted two early doors.

Still an unusual request but not in Villa's interests to tell him to bolt.

Arrogant knobhead or not...

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I respect his honesty.

When a player has declared his undying love for another club it puts them in a difficult position. Players miss open goals, make horrendous defensive mistakes and score ridiculous own goals - if a player happens to do that in one of these games then it places them in a difficult position.

Fair play to Terry for not wanting to put himself and Villa in that position.

By all accounts he did well for them last season - its up to Villa if they're prepared to take this relatively small request into account.

Oh, and I should add that I think Terry is an utter bell end so this isn't borne of any great love for the man.

IMO he’s acting like a spoiled child.

Yes, he’s a Chelsea fan... and was paid £ millions to represent the club. He’s a professional footballer ffs... he should concentrate on doing his job to the best of his ability.

Left by mutual consent!
    'Loyalty' is a thing of the past these days so the next best thing you hope for/expect is when a player signs for your club that he gives his utmost 100% profesional best - Terry is obviously incapable of that so if I was Villa I'd get the prick to f** !.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Coming at it from an alternative position - would it be cringeworthy if Leigh Griffiths requested this in his contract. Or would he be one of our own, a hero, and loyal to his club.

Not saying for a minute that Villa should accept the request.. but that's all it is, a request. And it's nowhere near the same as the incidents you've listed in my opinion.

Although I would argue he shouldn't be playing in the same league as a team he does not want to defeat (even if we all know Villa won't be competing at the same end, and in my opinion won't even be in the same league next season :) )
    It would be even worse. At least Terry is a Chelsea legend who won everything with them. Griffiths was on loan for 2 years...

Absolute bell end of a man

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    That is some session if you are starting tomorrow. Be careful and pace yourself.

At least he's being honest. Frank lampard managed to play and score vs Chelsea though
    Last edited by SChibs; 24-05-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Classic example of a **** that thinks he is bigger than the fannys that employ him. His team mates must adore him.

I absolutely can't stand John Terry - even Kevin Bridges didn't make him seem any more likeable!
    However...
    He seems to be in a position where he can dictate what he wants and clearly doesn't need the cash. Many people think he's a walloper (with good reason) and the biggest load of people who will hold him in adulation for the rest of his life are the Chelsea fans. I can see why he'd want to keep them on his side. He's only got a year or so left in him as a player.
    He can ask for what he wants and it seems like Villa can pick to have him or not. I don't see it as a huge issue. Man negotiates contract to suit him really.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    [QUOTE=Humo;5413590Can any of us truly say hand on heart that if we were playing against hibs we'd give 100% or even want to play?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

You serious?

If I’m a professional player then of course I’d give 100% playing against Hibs. It should go without saying really.

Are you suggesting that all the players we’ve had over the years that support the Old Firm didn’t give their all when playing for us? Utter crap.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Would be great if Chelski put out a statement pleading for him to play.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    You serious?

If I’m a professional player then of course I’d give 100% playing against Hibs. It should go without saying really.

Are you suggesting that all the players we’ve had over the years that support the Old Firm didn’t give their all when playing for us? Utter crap.
    Exactly, I think Allan seemed to enjoy himself against Rangers in that last game, definitely not holding back anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Humo View Post
    I can understand this to be honest. Especially if he's been so upfront and honest about it.

Can any of us truly say hand on heart that if we were playing against hibs we'd give 100% or even want to play?

Yes it's somewhat childish but if he's in a position where he can say this and get this agreed then why shouldn't he?

Of course I would. I will have signed a contract with my current club that is me giving my word to do my best and they are the ones paying my living. I wouldn't celebrate if I scored against hibs but I certainly wouldn't be putting in a half arsed effort, thats completely disrespectful to my current club and their fans.

We've had, and still do have players at hibs who grew up supporting other clubs and I would be very annoyed if I thought they didn't really try against these clubs. Just like I wouldn't expect the likes of Griffiths not to try against us. If Griffiths scores against us I certainly wouldn't be annoyed at him or think less of him, thats his job!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Would be great if Chelski put out a statement pleading for him to play.
    I love to see that. Balloon burster.

@hibs.net private member
    One of my least favourite footballers. The fact he's a millionaire many times over is proof enough for me that karma doesn't exist.

If this was a foreign player asking to miss a couple of big games a year for daft reasons the English press and commentators would be tearing them to shreds.

@hibs.net private member
    What I don't get is why he would decide to join Villa when clearly there was a possibility something like this would happen.

Look what Iniesta has done. He could have moved just about anywhere in Europe but couldn't imagine playing against Barca so is going to Japan.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Don Hutchinson said on Talk Sport tonight that he’d spoken to Terry about this today, and Terry said it was rubbish about not playing against Chelsea!

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I respect his honesty.

When a player has declared his undying love for another club it puts them in a difficult position. Players miss open goals, make horrendous defensive mistakes and score ridiculous own goals - if a player happens to do that in one of these games then it places them in a difficult position.

Fair play to Terry for not wanting to put himself and Villa in that position.

By all accounts he did well for them last season - its up to Villa if they're prepared to take this relatively small request into account.

Oh, and I should add that I think Terry is an utter bell end so this isn't borne of any great love for the man.
    "honesty" and John Terry really don't belong in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Humo View Post

The difference is we are fans. We don’t play the game for a living.