hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You need to stay off the wacky gear, it does strange things to the mind, so I'm told,

I'll get round to it sometime, honest. I've had other things to do recently.

I'm catching up with the frothing from the uber's from time to time though.

Anyone seen the recent polls?

Have a nice day.
    Aha so I was right then

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Aha so I was right then
    😂😂

I'd have thought the UK gov, stealing our devolved powers, and leading us into uncharted constitutional territory might have been a game changer for you. 😁
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 08-06-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    I've been watching the thread deteriorate from a distance. When I get the opportunity to complete the report, I might be able to respond to it.

I'm sure the discussions at the National assemblies with take the report apart, and we'll have a final position to put to the people of Scotland, when required.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting on the UK gov coming up with some sort of plan for our future.

I'm just loving Mr Davies, ripping the PM a new one.

Anybody seen the polls this morning? 🌞
    Managed to read this report yet?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Managed to read this report yet?
    The IFS did.

They published their thoughts on it yesterday and said if what we have been living with in the UK is austerity, then an independent Scotland would experience austerity for a further ten years at least. They also said Scottish public spending would be slower to increase than it currently is in the UK.

They do however come across as balanced and they acknowledged on a number of occasions that it was commendable to try and actually get under the rhetoric and get some projections that were as objective as possible, within all the usual caveats.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    The IFS did.

They published their thoughts on it yesterday and said if what we have been living with in the UK is austerity, then an independent Scotland would experience austerity for a further ten years at least. They also said Scottish public spending would be slower to increase than it currently is in the UK.

They do however come across as balanced and they acknowledged on a number of occasions that it was commendable to try and actually get under the rhetoric and get some projections that were as objective as possible, within all the usual caveats.
    Itís a a shame R7 still doesnít feel qualified to comment on this as he hasnít read it yet.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Itís a a shame R7 still doesnít feel qualified to comment on this as he hasnít read it yet.
    I've not, you're correct(for once), I've had too much on my plate lately, but I'll get round to it.

As you're now responding to my posts, I take it I'm out of the deep freeze. How exciting.
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 16-06-2018 at 07:16 PM.

The IFS did.

Thanks for flagging this. The headline being attached is slightly misleading in that the IFS comment contends that UK austerity has been relaxed to the point where it no longer is austerity and so the GC plan is fiscal tightness but short of austerity also.

The IFS did.

Speaking of caveats, I think itís also worth noting that any statement like ďpublic spending would be slower to increase than it currently is in the UKĒ should be caveated by ďas long as rUK puts up with the inequitable and disproportionate funding of Scottish public servicesĒ which, if the threat of independence recedes, is very far from a given.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    SNP Bathgate Branch has welcomed 29 new members in the past week, increasing membership to 260
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; Yesterday at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    SNP Bathgate Branch has welcomed 29 new members in the past week, increasing membership to 260
    Does the SNP still send new members to Branches decided centrally or is it now the case that you're a member of the area you live in?

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Does the SNP still send new members to Branches decided centrally or is it now the case that you're a member of the area you live in?
    Maybe I'm being thick but I don't understand the question. I am certainly a member of my nearest branch. There are another couple close at hand as well though