hibs.net Messageboard

Official Site: SEASON HOSPITALITY MEMBERSHIPS AVAILABLE NOW

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Might need to get a ST for The Gallery Lounge to get the priority tickets for Ibrox for our reduced allocation..

Was once offered a ‘free’ seat in hospitality for a game v hertz. The attraction of sitting amongst a bunch of suits scoffing three course meals and sitting in ‘Executive ‘ seats was completely lost on me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was once offered a ‘free’ seat in hospitality for a game v hertz. The attraction of sitting amongst a bunch of suits scoffing three course meals and sitting in ‘Executive ‘ seats was completely lost on me.
    Possibly a bit of a generalisation about those who invest in such packages? I'd be surprised if there are swathes of 'suits' who attend Easter Road every other week, but I might be wrong. The packages actually sound great to me and the club will be glad of those fans who can afford to buy them. Out of interest, does anyone on here buy these packages and if so do they provide you with an enjoyable matchday experience? And do you 'scoff' your meal or eat it at a leisurely pace in order to savour what you've paid for?

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Possibly a bit of a generalisation about those who invest in such packages? I'd be surprised if there are swathes of 'suits' who attend Easter Road every other week, but I might be wrong. The packages actually sound great to me and the club will be glad of those fans who can afford to buy them. Out of interest, does anyone on here buy these packages and if so do they provide you with an enjoyable matchday experience? And do you 'scoff' your meal or eat it at a leisurely pace in order to savour what you've paid for?
    Done it for a one off game and had a great time. Meal was a leisurely paced, and better quality than I was expecting, 3 course meal, with very attentitive service. I don't know if the novelty would ware off having a season ticket for it though - or if my liver would appreciate it!

I didn't even realise there was a season long option until seeing that - I'm not sure if that would be taken up much. I got the impression most just done one game at a time.
    Mon the Hibs.

I enjoyed my experience in hospitality but would only do it once every season or so. Actually takes up a large chunk of the day and the match was spent wishing I was in the east. Atmosphere was dreadful.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    I enjoyed my experience in hospitality but would only do it once every season or so. Actually takes up a large chunk of the day and the match was spent wishing I was in the east. Atmosphere was dreadful.
    I’ve done it a couple of times over the years, special birthday’s for my dad. Was great on both occasions, but it’s not for me, as I love to sit in my seats in the East every home game!

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I was at the recent Hamilton game with my dad and found the folk at our table to be normal Hibees who liked to make a day of the match day and spoke about the football like anyone else. No nonsense or pretentiousness about them at all.

Great if you can afford it but for about £50 more per game than I'm paying now (and I'm a full paying adult) it's not for me. Maybe alright on the odd occasion but to be doing it every fortnight or sometimes twice a week the way the fixtures are organised would soon get boring. I'll stick to my couple of pints and sausage rolls from home thanks.

So if it includes a three course lunch, what do you get when it's an early or late kick off? Can't imagine having a three course lunch in time for a noon or 12.30pm kick off.
    Last edited by iwasthere1972; 25-05-2018 at 05:55 PM.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    I wonder how many we sell of those season tickets ?

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Great if you can afford it but for about £50 more per game than I'm paying now (and I'm a full paying adult) it's not for me. Maybe alright on the odd occasion but to be doing it every fortnight or sometimes twice a week the way the fixtures are organised would soon get boring. I'll stick to my couple of pints and sausage rolls from home thanks.

So if it includes a three course lunch, what do you get when it's an early or late kick off? Can't imagine having a three course lunch in time for a noon or 12.30pm kick off.
    Went with my Dad to a game a few years ago for a 12:30 kick off and got a cooked breakfast.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    prefer a couple of pints in the pub before the game myself and a more "traditional" pre match routine, but each to their own and brings money into the Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    I sat beside Lawrie Reilly in hospitality. One of my favourite days ever.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I was at the recent Hamilton game with my dad and found the folk at our table to be normal Hibees who liked to make a day of the match day and spoke about the football like anyone else. No nonsense or pretentiousness about them at all.
    Yep did it as a one off with my son for Killie game at xmas great day out.

I've done it twice and really enjoyed it. I would like to do it again.

I wouldn't want to do it every other week though, nor could I afford to.

@hibs.net private member
    I enquired as to them doing a payment plan for hospitality and was told that option wasn’t available... it’s not that affordable if paying upfront, but broken down to monthly it might actually be more attractive to some.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Agree, sometimes hospitality is the only way some of us can get to certain games. Especially those who happily recognise there's others who rightly get ahead of us in the queue for tickets.

Mental if you think that ordinary hibbies who behave like ordinary hibbies wherever they sit aren't also in hospitality because they want to be there and it's the only way they can get in, especially as groups. Never wore a suit and always have my hat badge and scarf.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Have done it twice in the last few years for my grandads birthday, first time was brilliant. Ian Murray and his dad were at our table and by the end of the day his dad and my Grandad were best mates

Last year we went again but in the Clubhouse, it was ok but not great. You kinda felt like an afterthought to the main event in the Gallery.

Are there still Executive Boxes at ER, or have the been done away with?