hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brandon Barker

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Scott Allan just posted a pic of him taking a corner whilst on loan at Hibs this season.

Hibs.net social media potential hibs players behaviour interpretation squad assemble!

Might need a catchier name....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Sorry guys, to me that's quite clearly a goodbye. Uploads a picture of the last game of the season where he's saying goodbye to the fans, and puts up the waving emoji also..

Would love to be wrong, absolutely smashing player!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scott Allan just posted a pic of him taking a corner whilst on loan at Hibs this season.

Hibs.net social media potential hibs players behaviour interpretation squad assemble!

Might need a catchier name....
    So Scott Allan to deliver the new kit next week it is 😁

I think being brought up as a man city player he will have his sites on EPL football. I hope his time at Hibs has helped, great player, but I think he'll be wanting a bigger stage to show what he can do.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    I tend to go with the 'Goodbye' train of thought. He does have to return to his home club, so it's only polite to applaud the supporters of a club who've appreciated his contribution to their season.

What happens next season is up to MC and Brandon himself. Given that he's shown what he's capable of, more than a few teams will be looking at him. If an EPL club like Brighton were to show interest... and they can afford to pay a far higher percentage of his wage than we have, I think it would be hard for him to turn it down, regardless of how much he enjoyed his time with us. Brilliant stadium, great support, and like to play football much as we do.
    He has huge potential but is nowhere near ready for that level IMO. I wouldn't even be thinking about the Championship either yet, given how little football he has played and the nature of that league. Another year at Hibs, in a positive and familiar environment, would make sense for all parties to see if he can build on the flashes he showed last season. As a Hibs fan I'm biased though obviously!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    He has huge potential but is nowhere near ready for that level IMO. I wouldn't even be thinking about the Championship either yet, given how little football he has played and the nature of that league. Another year at Hibs, in a positive and familiar environment, would make sense for all parties to see if he can build on the flashes he showed last season. As a Hibs fan I'm biased though obviously!
    Agreed. I think he’s a wonderful player, but let’s keep in mind he didn’t always start for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    I tend to go with the 'Goodbye' train of thought. He does have to return to his home club, so it's only polite to applaud the supporters of a club who've appreciated his contribution to their season.

What happens next season is up to MC and Brandon himself. Given that he's shown what he's capable of, more than a few teams will be looking at him. If an EPL club like Brighton were to show interest... and they can afford to pay a far higher percentage of his wage than we have, I think it would be hard for him to turn it down, regardless of how much he enjoyed his time with us. Brilliant stadium, great support, and like to play football much as we do.
    Long way off premier league level yet. I think he'd struggle in the championship. He wasn't even our best winger this season.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Sorry guys, to me that's quite clearly a goodbye. Uploads a picture of the last game of the season where he's saying goodbye to the fans, and puts up the waving emoji also..

Would love to be wrong, absolutely smashing player!
    I reckon players like being cryptic to try and get a reaction from fans. Brandon does it as do others.

Here's one from Maclaren whilst not particularly cryptic but possibly trying to gauge fans' opinions of him. I'm more than happy to send some "love bombs" if it helps get him, Flo, Scotty and Brandon back next season.

https://twitter.com/jamie_maclaren/s...053237248?s=19