hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Bored Already

Bored Already

Usually can’t wait for the end of the season. Not this time. Roll on the Europa.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Usually can’t wait for the end of the season. Not this time. Roll on the Europa.
    Me too. Summer is boring and i want to see what Neil has up his sleeve.

It's true. Last year I needed a break from footer. This time I'm missing the season. Bring on the World Cup!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    It's true. Last year I needed a break from footer. This time I'm missing the season. Bring on the World Cup!
    I just can seem to get excited for the World Cup this time round, it simply can't grab me attention.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I just can seem to get excited for the World Cup this time round, it simply can't grab me attention.
    There is maybe one group game I will make an effort to watch and that's Spain v Portugal, apart from that no other game stands out as something you will make an effort for. Unless you feel allegiance to one particular country.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    There is maybe one group game I will make an effort to watch and that's Spain v Portugal, apart from that no other game stands out as something you will make an effort for. Unless you feel allegiance to one particular country.
    I thought the same. The majority of the group games look very poor, I’ll probably still end up watching a lot of them anyway though. Got to get the football fix until Hibs are back in action.

I've turned my excitement to possible signings and who we get in Europe now. Hope we can start announcing some incomings, and get the new kits out.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    I've turned my excitement to possible signings and who we get in Europe now. Hope we can start announcing some incomings, and get the new kits out.
    I would hope that with our first competitive game on July 12th, we won't be waiting till the end of the window for signings. We need to get the squad sorted quickly and ready by the end of next month. I would hope a lot of the groundwork has been done already, just waiting to hear about Europe and then get the wheels moving.

Season tickets renewed (no brainier) like everyone waiting on European draw and pre season games so good to be a hibby just now walking about my area stones throw from the pbs virtually no maroon in sight just fellow hibbys showing of the colours green everywhere changed days let's keep it that way

At the end of the 16/17 season I couldn't wait for 17/18 to start ... its the same for 18/19 .... what a time to be a Hibby

Next season is going to be a hard one to call, with every team outwith Celtic having a rebuilding job on their hands to one extent or another. Of all the clubs we could well have the toughest job because we could potentially lose more of our top players than anybody, its a far tougher job to keep a good team going or make it better than it is to improve a rubbish team.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    Season tickets renewed (no brainier) like everyone waiting on European draw and pre season games so good to be a hibby just now walking about my area stones throw from the pbs virtually no maroon in sight just fellow hibbys showing of the colours green everywhere changed days let's keep it that way
    Not surprised you're "no brainier". Buying a Hibs ST only makes you cooler.

Don't get excited about tournament football any more. I'll probably watch a few games but only because they're on in the pub. Can't remember the last world cup final I watched.

I'll take this opportunity to bow out of the who's least interested in the world cup comp and say I can't wait for it

Even if it is being hosted by the radge Russians.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Thank christ for the World Cup. Counting the days to the Blackburn friendly too

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    FFS, will this close season never bl00dy end? It feels like months already.

I normally can't wait for the World Cup, but the trouble this year is that none of the teams are as good as Hibs. Football is generally a matter of opinion, but this isn't up for debate. Not in my house anyway.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    I normally can't wait for the World Cup, but the trouble this year is that none of the teams are as good as Hibs. Football is generally a matter of opinion, but this isn't up for debate. Not in my house anyway.
    I'm with you.

'Mon Nigeria - closest Hibees lookalikes.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Same here. Europa League is the football highlight of my summer followed by Lithgae Rose v Hibs !

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I'll take this opportunity to bow out of the who's least interested in the world cup comp and say I can't wait for it

Even if it is being hosted by the radge Russians.
    Have to agree, love the world cup.

Blog Entries
    it's boring as hell but not long till the World Cup starts, come on Nigeria!

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post

@hibs.net private member BenjiOscar's Avatar
    Got Preston Athletic vs Kelty Hearts in King Cup final on Saturday plus junior fixtures that will be going on for several weeks yet. Way things are in the West region especially means that we could be starting next season before this one is finished!

When I think of all the seasons pre-relegation where I couldn't wait for the season to be over and now i'm gutted the summer break is here!

However, I expect there to be lots of comings and goings with hibs this summer and i'm excited to see what business Lennon does. We'll lose a few key players but we have the spine of a very good team so hopefully with a few additions we can build a team capable of building on last seasons good.

It’s worth putting on a wee bet with a few mates to predict the top two qualifiers from each group. Odds are decent and you end up keeping a real interest in a Egypt v Hungary type game!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the biggest final in europe this weekend is the scottish junior cup final

Auchinleck Talbot(as per) v Hurlford utd

4:10pm on BBC Alba

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Got the Garry Oconnor hing on Saturday, Hibs legends at Spartans

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    FFS, will this close season never bl00dy end? It feels like months already.
    Can't believe our last match was only 9 days ago...seems like an age already

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk